Alcoa @ Kingston, Oct 2nd

BCsportsfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa will not come close to losing a game this year.

I won't go quite that far because CAK appears to have its best team in school history and is extremely well coached. CAK is a passing team, and the only two teams Alcoa has played that pass well (Maryville and Scott County) did some damage to the secondary.

However, I believe this is one of the best two or three teams in Alcoa football history, too, and in my opinion, it has continued to improve as the season has progressed. The only real letdown in intensity I've noticed all season was in the first half against Loudon, which was understandable coming the week after the Maryville game.

One thing I have noticed since Rankin arrived is that his teams are generally extremely focused in the big games (even in the three games they lost to Maryville). With the CAK-Alcoa game likely to be for the district championship, I expect Alcoa to be ready to play and perhaps slip in a few wrinkles on offense they haven't shown all season.

Alcoa will not come close to losing a game this year.

I won't go quite that far because CAK appears to have its best team in school history and is extremely well coached. CAK is a passing team, and the only two teams Alcoa has played that pass well (Maryville and Scott County) did some damage to the secondary.

However, I believe this is one of the best two or three teams in Alcoa football history, too, and in my opinion, it has continued to improve as the season has progressed. The only real letdown in intensity I've noticed all season was in the first half against Loudon, which was understandable coming the week after the Maryville game.

One thing I have noticed since Rankin arrived is that his teams are generally extremely focused in the big games (even in the three games they lost to Maryville). With the CAK-Alcoa game likely to be for the district championship, I expect Alcoa to be ready to play and perhaps slip in a few wrinkles on offense they haven't shown all season.

As a CAK fan, I appreciate the compliment but... While CAK is playing good ball, Alcoa is just at a totally different level. We had / have good starting players, but depth is a major concern with around 50 players. And of course, CAK plays Alcoa in game 10, which means the odds of CAK coming in healthy are slim. IF Alcoa were not 3A, I think CAK would have a legitimate shot at challenging for the trip to Cookeville, but since that is not the case, Alcoa will cruise in as usual. No one can stop Toney, Tyson, Robinson, and the rest of the F5 (except for the mighty west teams, but that is a different thread.) In the meantime, CAK has their hands full with Kingston, followed by Elizabethton and alot to work on after a lackluster performance against Scott. Yikes!

In honor of my friend from Milan, I will do a quick poll of 3A:

1. Milan

2. - 8. Other very powerful west TN teams

9. Alcoa

10. - 15. More powerful west TN teams

16. Elizabethton

17. A-E

18. CAK

[quote name="ChaunceyGardiner

In honor of my friend from Milan' date=' I will do a quick poll of 3A]

:thumb::D I trust the good folks from Milan and WTN have a sense of humor.

Uh. that's funny. Still bet Alcoa-Milan get there rematch. Will get my first look at Alcoa at the McMinn Central game (I'm a Central fan) which Alcoa will cruise through. Hope I'm not disappointed in the product that I expected after the Maryville result. Been following Milan too and they are finally starting to roll (had my doubts earlier this year but they were banged up). Sure seems like another f5 year.