10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

Does anyone know who they picked for all tournament team? And where can you go to see who got All District if they have announced those names yet? :lol:

C.A.- The Smith Twins and not sure about the other one

McEwen - Eli Spivey, Garrett Mullinicks #11, and Tanner Wilson #12

East Robertson - David Woodard and one other

WHHS - I know their post did... not sure of the others

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down to the game tonight at McEwen. Half time foul count Houston County 10 McEwen 2

With 3 minutes to go before the intentional fouls started foul count Houston County 16 McEwen 4

I think thats enough said about that. It speaks for itself Also I would like to say something about the crowds. When I was in school if we had of acted the way the McEwen student section acts we would of been in major trouble. I thought the newspaper reading at the beginning was in poor taste and very low class. The catcalls and foul mouths were terrible during the first half. I dont know about the second half because I moved so as not to hear anymore. The chant at the end of the game was very embarassing to me and the people I was sitting with.When did it become ok for children to act that way? McEwen did not play their best ball tonight and lucky for them neither did Houston County. Truthfully if Houston Co breathed wrong they were called for a foul. and I would say 75% of those calls were made by one ref.

The McEwen cheering section is not that bad compared to some other teams... they just go out there and have fun. I recall a few years ago when McEwen had came to Erin to play and they were the ones with the newspapers. And the chant at the end of the game is by far the best I've ever heard... You will not find another school that has a chant like that.. yeah there is CA's fight song that they sing at the end of the game but in my opinion there is nothing else like "I BELIEVE". The boys coach has even commented on how he loves that cheer.. and when McEwen's boys beat WHHS in the semi finals the whole McEwen crowd did the cheer. The faculty makes sure that the cheering section stays in line and when they do not they are told to stop or they will not be able to cheer the next game.. McEwen's fans are very devoted and there are some of them that have been a part of the cheering section for years.

According to the White House Star: District 10 All Tournament Team

Daniel Ray White House Heritage High School

Jordan Bedwell White House Heritage High School

David Woodard East Robertson High School

Phillip Stratton East Robertson High School

Eli Spivey McEwen High School

Garrett Mullinicks McEwen High School

Tanner Wilson McEwen High School

Travis Russell Clarksville Academy

Malcolm Smith Clarksville Academy

Martin Smith Clarksville Academy

Player of the Year – Malcolm Smith Clarksville Academy

I am excited about the Region Tournament. Admittedly, I am just excited Community got into the region. Our seeds are still not determined because our games are tomorrow. But we know the 4 teams going (Community, Eagleville, Forrest, Cascade). I like 9A's chances (outside of whoever plays Clarksville Academy). Forrest has seemed to gel at the right time and they have great coaching. Eagleville is the most talented team and them falling into the consultation game is not good luck for whoever they play. Cascade is really talented and I like them to beat either East Robertson or WHH. I look for 9A to win every first round region game with the exception of whoever plays Clarksville Academy.

Hope Clarksville Academy goes all the way.

Now that districts are over whats your picks for the best players from each team?

CA- Of course the twins are both great players and everyone knows that. Travis russell is also a great player, that can shoot the ball very well. Probally the best shooter on the team, I dont think alot of people realize that.

Mcewen- The big man inside #50 uses his size very well to get to the rim. I also think that the point guard (#11) holds that team together. He feeds the ball inside more consistently then the other guards and he also is a very smart player when he has the ball in his hand.

East- Woodard is the big threat on the team, he gets to the basket better than anyone and in a few games proved he can shoot the 3. But if you leave #23 and #15 open they can both fill up the stat sheet with 3's themselves.

WHH- The two post players are good players, and their both Sophmores. One scores more than the other but the other is more effective on the boards. The point guard (#11) seems to make the highlight passes which gives alot of easy lay-ups, but he doesnt score much.

NC- The new post player seemed to be pretty good, but the chemistry wasnt there. It depends the night for the rest of the team. They either shoot lights out or cant buy a basket. #20 seems to be the only guard that tries to get to the basket.

HC- Skelton seems to get alot of offensive rebounds, and easy put backs. The other two big boys that played did a very good job on the boards. # 23 seemed to be the only one who could hit a 3.

MH- The point guard #5 is very quick player and gets to the basket alot and also shoots the ball quite a bit from the outside. #31 was a good spot up shooter who shot alot of 3's. #13 also seemed to make some acrobatic shots the few times I watched MH play.

JB- #21 was the only player that could pull up and hit a jump shot and also get to the basket. One decent post player but I dont know his name or number. Taller kid with the long hair.

Hope Clarksville Academy goes all the way.

Now that districts are over whats your picks for the best players from each team?

CA- Of course the twins are both great players and everyone knows that. Travis russell is also a great player, that can shoot the ball very well. Probally the best shooter on the team, I dont think alot of people realize that.

Mcewen- The big man inside #50 uses his size very well to get to the rim. I also think that the point guard (#11) holds that team together. He feeds the ball inside more consistently then the other guards and he also is a very smart player when he has the ball in his hand.

East- Woodard is the big threat on the team, he gets to the basket better than anyone and in a few games proved he can shoot the 3. But if you leave #23 and #15 open they can both fill up the stat sheet with 3's themselves.

WHH- The two post players are good players, and their both Sophmores. One scores more than the other but the other is more effective on the boards. The point guard (#11) seems to make the highlight passes which gives alot of easy lay-ups, but he doesnt score much.

NC- The new post player seemed to be pretty good, but the chemistry wasnt there. It depends the night for the rest of the team. They either shoot lights out or cant buy a basket. #20 seems to be the only guard that tries to get to the basket.

HC- Skelton seems to get alot of offensive rebounds, and easy put backs. The other two big boys that played did a very good job on the boards. # 23 seemed to be the only one who could hit a 3.

MH- The point guard #5 is very quick player and gets to the basket alot and also shoots the ball quite a bit from the outside. #31 was a good spot up shooter who shot alot of 3's. #13 also seemed to make some acrobatic shots the few times I watched MH play.

JB- #21 was the only player that could pull up and hit a jump shot and also get to the basket. One decent post player but I dont know his name or number. Taller kid with the long hair.

I agree with you on all picks Tigerfan, but I would like to say HC has another boy who is a consistent 3 point shooter in the Wilson boy, he hit 6 in one game, then sat the bench the rest of the year... saw maybe 5 minutes playing time. Never got another chance..... we here in HC wondered about it.

As a big WH Heritage follower it boggles my mind how they're so inconsistent. Coach is a good one, and they certainly have some nice talent and size. But they're up and down more than the stock market. I didn't make it to the District game with ER, but was surprised to find out later just how much they seemed to struggle. They keep a strong unit for next year, but losing Ethan will hurt some. Having said all this, the season isn't over yet and if they play up to their potential it won't be after Sat either.

Does anyone know who they picked for all tournament team? And where can you go to see who got All District if they have announced those names yet? :P

Not sure either where to find this, but I have a nephew that attends ER and heard they picked Woodard -of course- and another Sr. Some were surprised of the Sr. as there's a Soph there that has roughly 50 more points and top 10 in District. Think he only had Hon Men before. I've seen 3-4 of their games and you wonder if Woodard would even have 200 pts if he didn't shoot 25-30 times a game, not including he must have 150 FT's this year. Sorry, wish I knew more for you.

Mark, this is the parent of the soph that you’re referring to here and we’re not very happy with your comments. He’s good friends with Phillip and uncalled for. He has no issues at all with him achieving All-District and 50 points isn’t much difference over the course of the season. That’s about 2 points per game which is negligible really. He was the District leader in 3’s the last two seasons. Everyone that’s truly familiar with this team knows how much he contributes and is a strong senior leader. He works hard under the boards and gets numerous rebounds even on off-shooting nights. He gets a number of assists also and is considered a great teammate. Most importantly, he a nice young man that deserved this recognition. As far a D Woodard, you can say what you want I suppose, but he’s also considered a team leader and those guys usually do shoot more than others. It’s just a fact of life just like Malcom Smith at CA and many others. This is an example of what I’ve always hated about things like talk radio, reality TV, and posts such as this. People can speak their mind, but too often it’s done without concern for others. Do you actually think some of these kids don’t read these at some point? Guys at this age are impressionable and these kinds of thing can hurt feelings. They have a big game coming up and should be focusing entirely on that, not crazy stuff like this.