10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went down to the HC - WHH game tonight, and for the first half it was a runaway for WHH, then HC came back with a roar and got within 4, it was a very good game and the final score doesn't reflect that, it was run up by the " fouling for the ball" that goes on. But what I wanted to post was I saw something I had never seen. The ref T'd a boy in the last few minutes, and I, like most of the people there, thought it was on a WHH boy for shoving a boy intentionally. It happened right in front of the ref and he immediately threw a T. Well, the ref then threw another T, and then the discussion started. Refs and coaches at the scoring table, then WHH shoots 2 T shots. Ok, I am thinking, I was wrong about who it was called on. I was waiting for the second set of T shots, because there were 2 called, and they never materailized.

But when WHH comes to the sideline to take the ball out, there was another discussion going on at the scorers table, and the boy is standing there waiting, and a boy on the HC sidelines ( apparantly they knew each other ) asks him " who was that T on? " The WHH player turns, laughs, and says " It was on us, on Bedwell " The HC crowd went wild. They heard what he said. The ref standing there heard it too. But nothing was done about it. Just wanted to share what wonderful refs I have witnessed this season.

I went down to the HC - WHH game tonight, and for the first half it was a runaway for WHH, then HC came back with a roar and got within 4, it was a very good game and the final score doesn't reflect that, it was run up by the " fouling for the ball" that goes on. But what I wanted to post was I saw something I had never seen. The ref T'd a boy in the last few minutes, and I, like most of the people there, thought it was on a WHH boy for shoving a boy intentionally. It happened right in front of the ref and he immediately threw a T. Well, the ref then threw another T, and then the discussion started. Refs and coaches at the scoring table, then WHH shoots 2 T shots. Ok, I am thinking, I was wrong about who it was called on. I was waiting for the second set of T shots, because there were 2 called, and they never materailized.

But when WHH comes to the sideline to take the ball out, there was another discussion going on at the scorers table, and the boy is standing there waiting, and a boy on the HC sidelines ( apparantly they knew each other ) asks him " who was that T on? " The WHH player turns, laughs, and says " It was on us, on Bedwell " The HC crowd went wild. They heard what he said. The ref standing there heard it too. But nothing was done about it. Just wanted to share what wonderful refs I have witnessed this season.

I was at the game last night too... and here is what happened.... based on what I saw and what I heard at the scorers table. There was a personal foul on the play, when an HC player tried to tie up Bedwell. Bedwell got hit in the mouth, and he retaliated with a slinging of his arm as he moved away. I got a good look at this, and saw it first hand. The ref had called a personal on the HC player, then he called the T on Bedwell. These were correct calls in my opinion. Apparently, an HC player made some comments, and he was then T'd up as well. I did not see this, but I heard the ref explain it at the scorers table. So, WHH got to shoot 1 & 1 for the personal, and the two Ts essentially canceled themselves out. At that point, with the 2 T's offsetting, it became a "jump ball" situation. The alternate possession arrow was in favor of WHH, so they got to bring the ball in sidecourt. Again - this part was overheard from the offical explaining the situation on the side. Aside from that, I concur in that the TSSAA officiating has been consistently bad this season.

I was at the game last night too... and here is what happened.... based on what I saw and what I heard at the scorers table. There was a personal foul on the play, when an HC player tried to tie up Bedwell. Bedwell got hit in the mouth, and he retaliated with a slinging of his arm as he moved away. I got a good look at this, and saw it first hand. The ref had called a personal on the HC player, then he called the T on Bedwell. These were correct calls in my opinion. Apparently, an HC player made some comments, and he was then T'd up as well. I did not see this, but I heard the ref explain it at the scorers table. So, WHH got to shoot 1 & 1 for the personal, and the two Ts essentially canceled themselves out. At that point, with the 2 T's offsetting, it became a "jump ball" situation. The alternate possession arrow was in favor of WHH, so they got to bring the ball in sidecourt. Again - this part was overheard from the offical explaining the situation on the side. Aside from that, I concur in that the TSSAA officiating has been consistently bad this season.

I was there too and while that is what happened I was wondering if WHH was shooting a one and one, why was everyone standing back like they do during technical foul shots? And if it was a one and one shot, why did WHH get posession of the ball ( like in a technical situation)? It wasn't an intentional foul call, I was sitting right in front of it. And the boy didn't sling his arm, he threw his hand back and hit the boy.

How good is Mcewen?Do they have alot of size?What do they have coming back next year and what position is Tyler Wilson?

They have a pretty tall post player that has gotten better as the season progressed. I dont know one twin from the other, but one runs the ball and the other is on the wing.

From what I know they lose quite a bit with their big guy and the twins leaving. That's really most of their scoring and leadership I'd guess. They have a Jr #42 Mullinix that's about 6'3" and pretty athletic but isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Hustles and hits the boards nice. Probably will be down a fair amount next year but honestly not sure about their young talent. WHH and obviously CA will be strong but many of the rest will surely be down from this year.

I was there too and while that is what happened I was wondering if WHH was shooting a one and one, why was everyone standing back like they do during technical foul shots? And if it was a one and one shot, why did WHH get posession of the ball ( like in a technical situation)? It wasn't an intentional foul call, I was sitting right in front of it. And the boy didn't sling his arm, he threw his hand back and hit the boy.

There was no need to have the players on the line, since the technical(s) meant the ball would be brought in as a deadball situation on the side court. If the player would have missed the first shot, he would not have received the 2nd opportunity. Since it was a double technical, it was considered a "jump ball" situation, so the possession arrow determined that WHH get the possession coming out of the Ts. And you're right, the WHH player threw his hand back more than slinging his arm. I stand corrected.

How good is Mcewen?Do they have alot of size?What do they have coming back next year and what position is Tyler Wilson?

They have a pretty tall post player that has gotten better as the season progressed. I dont know one twin from the other, but one runs the ball and the other is on the wing.

From what I know they lose quite a bit with their big guy and the twins leaving. That's really most of their scoring and leadership I'd guess. They have a Jr #42 Mullinix that's about 6'3" and pretty athletic but isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Hustles and hits the boards nice. Probably will be down a fair amount next year but honestly not sure about their young talent. WHH and obviously CA will be strong but many of the rest will surely be down from this year.

WHH will return 4 out of 5 starters, with both big boys (4 and 5 spots) only being Sophs this year. They are just now learning how to use their size. CA will still be the favorites next season mainly due to the Smiths, but WHH should be up there close as well. I see HC and NCS possibly making some noise next year too.

Upset of the night Houston Co 60 White House Heritage 38 wasn't there, listened to it on the radio.

I'll hand it to HC. They were physical last night, and WHH couldn't match them. WHH could not buy a bucket, and HC got way too many second chance points. HC hit the boards all night, and their zone really affected the WHH offense. Holding true to seasonal form, the refs really sucked. They let the game get out of hand early. However with that being said, HC deserved the win. If that kind of effort was there for HC all season long, they would be top 3-4 right now in the district.