10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

WoW what a finish!.THANKS.

Heritage is really good at bleeding the clock at times and other times it bites em in the you know where...ha. Well maybe that will be a wake up call going into the district tournament . WHHeritage should still be in 2nd place going in. Splitting with McEwen and the win over Clarksville Aca...or did the loss against Houston Co drop em a spot ??

Pretty sure if McEwen does not beat CA then it will end up like this.

CA

WHH

MC

ER

NC

HC

JB/MH

JB/MH

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS record was inflated from not playing a tough schedule that year,and CA has played a pretty good schedule with that tourney in KY and beating Harding Acad.and also playing Ensworth.Your answer is CA is much better,they went to state last year and will again this year which NCS has not been able to do,no disrespect to your program but without coach Anderson or his grandkids you would still be a bottom dweller.

I'm just laying this out there. I was on the 07-08 NC team and have seen CA play this year 2 times. I gotta say and I think most agree here, NC had better guards and CA has better inside play. I think the reason that a game between 07-08 NC and 09-10 CA would be won by NC is because of the 3. When we were firing from long rang you just could not stop us. I think if the teams played 10 times then NC wins 5 or 6 times. It is a game that would go either way but I think NC was/is the better team.

I played for NC from the 06-07 season to 08-09 season, so I have been around 10A for a while and have seen all of NC's home games this year and the NC @ CA game as well.

Just my .02

WoW what a finish!.THANKS.

Heritage is really good at bleeding the clock at times and other times it bites em in the you know where...ha. Well maybe that will be a wake up call going into the district tournament . WHHeritage should still be in 2nd place going in. Splitting with McEwen and the win over Clarksville Aca...or did the loss against Houston Co drop em a spot ??

You're right New... there have been many times when we've tried to drain the clock, and it's hurt us in the end. There has been a game or 2 where WHH has started trying to protect a lead 4 - 5 mins from the end of the game, instead of continuing to run the offense. It is hard to protect the ball for several minutes at a time at this level of play. It always seems that you end up throwing the ball away, you get tied up, commit a lane violation, or get called for an illegal screen. It seldom works, and WHH doesn't shoot free throws consistently enough to hope that the points they get from the stripe will pull them through in a tight game.

Good description of what happened Mercury. Sometimes teams get away from what got them the lead and they are not comfortable doing it. I thought Heritage did a good job of taking the game into control coming out of half time and taking a good lead into the 4th. Then they just got silly. They stopped dribble penetration and tried to bleed the clock. Several bad turnovers and missing those 1 and 1's were a killer. I think McEwen got a time out called after the 3 pointer which Petrone was upset about. I think he felt the ball got put into play before the bench got the timeout. Any how I thought it was a great ballgame to watch as a spectator and both teams showed their strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks Ormeinkeig. As New Blue said, WHH got away from running the O, instead trying to let the air out a bit. They also went cold from the outside at the wrong time. And I haven't given any kudos to the McEwen big boy. He played well, and he has a nice soft touch around the basket. I was impressed with his shot, and he got up well for his rebounds. McEwen did a nice job of attacking the 2-3 zone, getting the ball right in the middle for a short jumper on too many occassions. The other thing is the WHH bigs still need to learn how to keep themselves in the game... literally. As I have mentioned before, they're only Sophs, but they got to know when to not give up the cheap foul. Every shot can't be swatted to the stands, and it's crucial to WHH's success for both of them to be in the game as much as possible. There have been too many games were one or both of them has been in foul trouble early in the 2nd quarter.

Well here are the OFFICIAL MATCHUPS

Tuesday 2-16-2010

Jo Byrns at Clarksville Acad

Nashville Chr. at East Robertson

Merrol Hyde at White House-Heritage

Houston Co. at McEwen

Friday 2-19-2010, all games at Jo Byrns

JB/CA Winner vs NC/ER Winner at 4:30pm

MH/WHH Winner vs HC/MC winner at 8:30pm

Saturday 2-20-2010, all games at Jo Byrns

Consolation at 5:30pm

Championship at 8:30pm

Who ya got? This is my outlook.

1. CA

vs

8. JB

4. ER

vs

5. NC

3. MC

vs

6. HC

2. WHH

vs

7. MH

I see the semi-finals being as follows.

1. CA

vs

5. NC

2. WHH

vs

3. MC

Then the 10A finals

1. CA

vs

3. MC

10A champs will be CA

Well here are the OFFICIAL MATCHUPS

Tuesday 2-16-2010

Jo Byrns at Clarksville Acad

Nashville Chr. at East Robertson

Merrol Hyde at White House-Heritage

Houston Co. at McEwen

Friday 2-19-2010, all games at Jo Byrns

JB/CA Winner vs NC/ER Winner at 4:30pm

MH/WHH Winner vs HC/MC winner at 8:30pm

Saturday 2-20-2010, all games at Jo Byrns

Consolation at 5:30pm

Championship at 8:30pm

Who ya got? This is my outlook.

1. CA

vs

8. JB

4. ER

vs

5. NC

3. MC

vs

6. HC

2. WHH

vs

7. MH

I see the semi-finals being as follows.

1. CA

vs

5. NC

2. WHH

vs

3. MC

Then the 10A finals

1. CA

vs

3. MC

10A champs will be CA

Pretty good projection Titansfan... but let's not be too quick to rule out WHH in the semi against McEwen. Heritage, who [on this board] were not expected to do too much this season, were 6 seconds away from a season sweep before the blonde bomber struck. Yes, I know that is why they play the game, but WHH feels like they really let this one get away. I believe they would very much like to have the opportunity to redeem themselves, and I would expect to see a higher level of intensity from WHH if these 2 meet again. Plus, I would not rule out a HC surprise either when they play McEwen. They're (HC) playing better of late, and they could present a real challenge to everyone except CA.

If the team that beat WHH shows up they have a good chance of beating McEwen, if the team that has let McEwen beat them twice this year shows up, then it will be a loss. But it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row, unless you are a powerhouse.

I have puzzled over HC all year. They are a much better team than their record shows, they have alot of talent,... but injuries, technicals, losing their point guard, player placements, hot hands sitting on the bench, the constant running in and out of the players, all these things ( imo) have hurt them. I still haven't figured out why Monroe is wayyy out on wing. Anyone who has even seen him play knows what he can do at post. Roper is finally getting some playing time, and it shows on the scoreboard. Wilson hits 6 3 pointers a few games back, and has barely hit the floor since...Barnes rarely shoots... why??? Featherstone rrunning the ball?? Why??? Guess that's why I'm not a coach eh?

The WHH post players ( srry, don't know their names )are capable of big things, all they need is floor time.

Any team can be beaten on any given day ( last years district tourney defeat of CA ) but they have to want it. My coach always told me whoever wants it the worst will win it. We shall see... Good luck to e1 in the tourneys!