Big Games in Memphis ... Week 6

kwc

It's worth knowing that MUS and WS scrimmaged last year with MUS winning 21-7. WS has alot but not all of the same cast and characters this year. Judging from their CBHS performance, I'd say WS is a notch below what they were last year. MUS on the other hand is agruably a notch better this year.

Interesting...

What other top teams did MUS scrimmage, THIS year?

What were the scores?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth knowing that MUS and WS scrimmaged last year with MUS winning 21-7. WS has alot but not all of the same cast and characters this year. Judging from their CBHS performance, I'd say WS is a notch below what they were last year. MUS on the other hand is agruably a notch better this year.

Interesting...

Personally, I think that MUS is only 1/2 notch better (how's that for splitting hairs, huh :thumb: ). Last year's receivers were more more sure-handed, and taller. This year's bunch is not as consistent or reliable, with the lone exception being Hank Hill.... Man, that kid's a 'baller! That kid puts me in mind of New England Patriots' Ace, Wes Welker....seriously!

-------------------------------------------------

-- What other top teams did MUS scrimmage, THIS year?

-- What were the scores?

... I think Memphis Area teams are down altogether this yr except Arlington who has improved alot.

First, let me thank you for continuing to underestimate teams in Memphis. We appreciate that. Second, why are you saying that other teams are down when it is very clear that your team is down? There are some down teams this year, but there are others that are doing very well.

Why are you trying to talk sense into someone with "millington" in their username? :thumb:

bmack......Tacky..........Very Tackey :thumb::thumb:

Interesting...

Personally, I think that MUS is only 1/2 notch better (how's that for splitting hairs, huh :thumb: ). Last year's receivers were more more sure-handed, and taller. This year's bunch is not as consistent or reliable, with the lone exception being Hank Hill.... Man, that kid's a 'baller! That kid puts me in mind of New England Patriots' Ace, Wes Welker....seriously!

-------------------------------------------------

-- What other top teams did MUS scrimmage, THIS year?

-- What were the scores?

They scrimmaged Whitehaven with the 20 play then swap it out version and had 4 scores to one. However the quarterback and linebacker for Whitehaven did not play. However, McBride only played the first score.

They scrimmaged Ridgeway in a more traditional scrimmage and had over 50 points to 0. Don't think McBride played in much of that scrimmage. However, they have not had McBride for the first 5 games and now have them. He may be that other 1/2 notch, TraderB.

I guess everyone is underestimating Millington due to the big losses from the 3 good teams... Well tonight Millington handled Cordova. I now feel more comfortable with the rest of the games left. We are slower but have some good backs stepping up #36 and 31. Good new about Millington QB's injury was minor and should be returning soon.

Trader B - since you asked about scrimmages.....MUS beat White Station 28 or 35 to 7 last year.

WS got the ball first, on the 30, went 70 for a TD on the first play, then zip after that. The Whitehaven scrimmage this year also was 28 or 35 to 7. I lost track in the Ridgeway scrimmage - 49 to 0 would be close. McBride DID play in the Ridgeway scrimmage and scored on 40-50 yard plays about every 3-4 touches for about 4 touchdowns. Of course, by design, everybody on both sides played. First, second and third teams faced each other.

Millington looked very solid to night. A few miscues due to the difference in cadence and snap count between the QB 2 and QB 1. A standard grind it out on the ground type of game. Cordovas QB didn't get any help from his recievers that drop a few critical passes. Millington D looked very good. The QB 1 could possibly be back next week. Should be a very productive 2nd half of the season.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

Hey Owlbooster ... was Brunetti hurt tonight or did they pull him due to the score? i heard at 41-17 Brunetti was out? At that point did MUS put in there 2nd string or what? How did WS score and so on... Just curious.

From what i understand he hurt his groin. they took him out at the very end of the first quarter when it was 14-7. MUS still managed to put up 55 points with their back up qb in though.. makes you wonder how many points they could have scored if brunetti stayed in the whole game

Big win by Arlington at Bolton tonight. Penalties killed 2 drives in the first half. Both teams played hard. Arlington's winning play was a 73 yd TD pass from Adam Poole to Taylor Tournabene where Tournabene made a great catch over the safety and pulled away running 30+ yards for the score. The Arlington D played big keeping the Bolton run game in check for the most part. The remainder of the season will be fun, Cordova, Craigmont and Millington left.

Big win by Craigmont tonight - I called that one! I think I missed the Melrose-East game though.

Lot of close games tonight, Germantown escaped Kirby 21-20.