collierville vs east tn

ridgeman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not familiar with colliervile team and wonder why they would spend the weekend playing knoxville's best. how will they matchup with cak and bearden?

Because you generally learn a lot about your team by placing them in competitive games. Strengths are validated, weaknesses are exposed, coaches can experiment with sets, and more often than not teams play to their competition. The Collierville-Baylor match was easily one of the better matches of the year as either team could have walked away from that match with a 1-0 W and hats off to Baylor for their victory. It was also an exceptionally clean match with very talented players. If Collierville can gain 3 of those matches on the road, it will serve very well to prepare them for the post season play (road matches included).

cak can certainly use the work against a quality opponent, and Bearden has been on a tear of late. i understand the pre post season tune up, but also know a key injury here ot here this late can make a big difference. should be a good weekend of soccer. i'ld say collierville will get their money's worth.

Always look forward to watching East v West. This will be good games, respectful audience and quality refs. Good Luck Ladies

Big G,

I understand that CAK is letting the entire student body out early and has invited the band to play at the game. Now, I have always heard what gracious hosts you guys are and I know you will treat the visiting team with the same respect we treat all of the guests in our house during the RIVALS event. That all said, the band has not sent a formal request for the Collierville FIght Song to play for us. WHat's up?

Big G,

I understand that CAK is letting the entire student body out early and has invited the band to play at the game. Now, I have always heard what gracious hosts you guys are and I know you will treat the visiting team with the same respect we treat all of the guests in our house during the RIVALS event. That all said, the band has not sent a formal request for the Collierville FIght Song to play for us. WHat's up?

I think it is a great idea to have an in school game... This is the first one we have done at CAK that I know of. It is homecoming weekend for us, and they are trying to make it more than just a "football" game. I will be interested to see how they fit all the people at the soccer field, though. If you are coming, bring a blanket or chairs to sit on. We have some wide stone bleachers, but they will fill up fast. There are "hills" on both sides of the bleachers that a lot of people bring blankets or lounge chairs to sit on.

I won't be able to make it up till the second half, unfortunately. The middle school couldn't come up to the game (if you knew the size of our campus, you would understand the problem of getting 300 middle school kids from the school up to the fields!) so I will hustle up there right after the bell rings.

Canes, send me your fight song music... Cleansheet and I will do a duet at halftime (shoot, we might even get Akula to make it a trio!). Would that work? :roflol:

Yeah... my voice was a little bit scratchy, but I'm getting over this flu thing so... Sorry you couldn't make it, Canes. Hopefully your rash will go away quickly and you'll be able to travel soon. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was able to duck out of 7th period right after the bell, and got to go up and see the last 30 minutes of the last half. I think this was the best team that CAK has faced this season (though I must admit I haven't seen all of their opponents). Collierville has some very talented players! I thought for sure #9 was going to get some opportunities, because she had a lot of space on the back post on several attacks.

With about 5 minutes left, C-ville put up a nice high shot from pretty far out, and CAK's keeper got a hand on it, but couldn't push it over the bar.

Great game all around. CAK has such great foot skills and field awareness. They looked a little tired, though, but in their defense, they played Maryville last night and might have been fatigued from that.

It was a pleasure to meet Cleansheet and his family. What kind and gracious people! Glad you all could make it up here, and I hope you have a safe journey home this weekend!