DISTRICT 1-AAA (The Big 8)

TommyMan37604

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the title is there for the taking. There are no standouts and I say whoever comes out on top will be a toss up. I disagree that DB looks like the team to beat. Seen them play and for the size they have I was not that impressed. But I was impressed with H. Gray. For a kid that barely seen the floor last year she is smoking this year. Great job Hilary!

Any takers on the Science Hill and DB game? Science Hill has them beat on the outside but DB has them beat on the inside. All the ingredients for a great game. Can't wait.....

Should be a great game...

Keys for each:

DB...Slowing the tempo down is a must. Scoring in the paint is a given...But, they will have to hit some shots outside. They must (and should control) the boards.

SH...Run, Run, Run! Then keep running. Make DB's Post run the entire game. Isolate Shy and hope she is on her game. Finish at the mid-range shot...don't take it too far into the paint. FRONT the post everytime!

As previously said, homecourt advantage may give the Hill a slight edge.

DB usually has too much drama and not enough team play to beat the hill. Good inside, but can the team overcome the put downs and fake attitudes that some of the DB players project. Don't think so. The hill will win as a team and I am sure Coach Barnwell has done his homework on what the team needs to do. Hate to say it but go toppers

DB has drama? Wow! Didn't know that anyone in this district could top VHS with that. :roflol:

Church Hill sports teams compete individually with themselves in every sport they offer. Not one single sport from this division plays as a team and it results in loses over and over again. If they would reduce the drama, stop parent coaching and stick with a focused program based on talents, maybe they could be successful. Until it turns around, talent will sit in a classroom or move. More talent has stepped off the court than you can shake a stick at in the past 4 years. This year is no different because Coach Myers (current coach) allows himself to be manipulated, overrun and persuaded not to do what is best for the team. His only focus, as I've heard it myself, is only for what certain parents expect for their mediocre children to appear successful. If they would use all of the talent they currently have, refocus and bring back lost talent, they would be a tough team to challenge.

Hate to say it but for some reason girls always seem to create drama more so than boys. I doubt there is a team in the Big 8 that doesn't have drama in some form. Yes there may be some teams with more than one drama queen but some how these girls (AND PARENTS) need to set drama to the side and play ball. Winning is hard enough, but especially hard when you play individual ball.

DB has drama? Wow! Didn't know that anyone in this district could top VHS with that. :thumb:

Church Hill sports teams compete individually with themselves in every sport they offer. Not one single sport from this division plays as a team and it results in loses over and over again. If they would reduce the drama, stop parent coaching and stick with a focused program based on talents, maybe they could be successful. Until it turns around, talent will sit in a classroom or move. More talent has stepped off the court than you can shake a stick at in the past 4 years. This year is no different because Coach Myers (current coach) allows himself to be manipulated, overrun and persuaded not to do what is best for the team. His only focus, as I've heard it myself, is only for what certain parents expect for their mediocre children to appear successful. If they would use all of the talent they currently have, refocus and bring back lost talent, they would be a tough team to challenge.

Coach Meyers stated at end of last season this year’s team will be a lot better than last years, he stated in one of this years basketball review publications that his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference, and he stated a few days ago in game write up this years team is ahead of last years schedule. What’s the problem? Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.

Coach Meyers stated at end of last season this year’s team will be a lot better than last years, he stated in one of this years basketball review publications that his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference, and he stated a few days ago in game write up this years team is ahead of last years schedule. What’s the problem? Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.

I know exactly when he came. Above that, I do recall exactly who was in the selection process to pick him. :thumb: Does it shock you that some may actually be intelligent enough to know what their talking about. Who is his assistant coach? Well I'll be... it's none other than Coach Anderson. :lol: The same man who stepped down from head coach the same year Coach Myers was hired. He made his announcement to school officials and they opened up application processes for a replacement.

You believe everything that Myers quotes to a newpaper reporter? :lol: Coach Myers is a hypocritical liar if I've ever saw one in my life. Absolutely everything he's said so far in any paper has been a farce.

his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference,
To teach the opponents what? How to sink to the bottom of a conference ladder faster than anyone in history. That's about all that's happened thus far this year. However, it really falls back upon athletes competing against each other instead of playing together as a team to win ball games.

Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.
He sure is! Following that Vounteer tradition known as losing.

Volunteer's girls are going to have to step up, use their talents and work together for the wins.