DISTRICT 1-AAA (The Big 8)

TommyMan37604

Coach Meyers stated at end of last season this year’s team will be a lot better than last years, he stated in one of this years basketball review publications that his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference, and he stated a few days ago in game write up this years team is ahead of last years schedule. What’s the problem? Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.

I know exactly when he came. Above that, I do recall exactly who was in the selection process to pick him. :thumb: Does it shock you that some may actually be intelligent enough to know what their talking about. Who is his assistant coach? Well I'll be... it's none other than Coach Anderson. :lol: The same man who stepped down from head coach the same year Coach Myers was hired. He made his announcement to school officials and they opened up application processes for a replacement.

You believe everything that Myers quotes to a newpaper reporter? :lol: Coach Myers is a hypocritical liar if I've ever saw one in my life. Absolutely everything he's said so far in any paper has been a farce.

his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference,
To teach the opponents what? How to sink to the bottom of a conference ladder faster than anyone in history. That's about all that's happened thus far this year. However, it really falls back upon athletes competing against each other instead of playing together as a team to win ball games.

Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.
He sure is! Following that Vounteer tradition known as losing.

Volunteer's girls are going to have to step up, use their talents and work together for the wins.

I don’t understand your frustration. Meyers’s quote “strong 1 – 2 punch” got another 2 paragraph write in today’s KPT sports section. Looking at the roster he is playing same 7 – 8 girls that started or saw significant playing time last year. It looks like no one has moved or quit, unless last couple of days. He is there to “rebuild the program”, give him time to implement his system.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even read the paper concerning sports you claim to follow? Coach Myers was not even quoted about anything in TODAY's paper. Heck, they didn't even bother talking to the man for an interview.

TODAY's headline for VHS Falcons vs Morristown East quoted:

Morristown East dominates hosting Lady Falcons

By: Bill Lane

Morristown East (7-4) established itself as one of the teams to beat with a 74-41 victory over host Volunteer (3-6). The Lady Hurricanes charged out to a 9-0 lead before Ashley Lindholm stopped the erosion with a 3-point goal. Lindholm, who holds the school’s single-game scoring record with 40 points, and veteran

center Laiken Gilliam had just 14 between them. Lindholm, who hit 12, picked up

her fourth foul with 4:34 to go in the third quarter and fouled out eight minutes later. Snapping out of a three-game tailspin, East applied constant defensive pressure and penetrated on offense without much resistance.The Lady Falcons had no answer on the inside for physically imposing center Megan Blaylock who scored 17. Kayla Orrick also got 17 for M-East. “We switched our lineup and went with something new,’’ M-East coach Tracy Cloninger said, “and that set a spark. Our heads were kind of low after losing three in a row but we’ve worked hard to rebuild confidence. We’re making progress and looking better every game.’’

No answer back to the constantly aggressive, hard playing M-East girls. They deserved this win because they ultimately were the ones who played well together as a TEAM and focused their methods for a win. Hands down, they pulled it off with absolutely no resistance from the Falcons typical game play behavior.

Do you even read the paper concerning sports you claim to follow? Coach Myers was not even quoted about anything in TODAY's paper. Heck, they didn't even bother talking to the man for an interview.

TODAY's headline for VHS Falcons vs Morristown East quoted:

Morristown East dominates hosting Lady Falcons

By: Bill Lane

Morristown East (7-4) established itself as one of the teams to beat with a 74-41 victory over host Volunteer (3-6). The Lady Hurricanes charged out to a 9-0 lead before Ashley Lindholm stopped the erosion with a 3-point goal. Lindholm, who holds the school’s single-game scoring record with 40 points, and veteran

center Laiken Gilliam had just 14 between them. Lindholm, who hit 12, picked up

her fourth foul with 4:34 to go in the third quarter and fouled out eight minutes later. Snapping out of a three-game tailspin, East applied constant defensive pressure and penetrated on offense without much resistance.The Lady Falcons had no answer on the inside for physically imposing center Megan Blaylock who scored 17. Kayla Orrick also got 17 for M-East. “We switched our lineup and went with something new,’’ M-East coach Tracy Cloninger said, “and that set a spark. Our heads were kind of low after losing three in a row but we’ve worked hard to rebuild confidence. We’re making progress and looking better every game.’’

No answer back to the constantly aggressive, hard playing M-East girls. They deserved this win because they ultimately were the ones who played well together as a TEAM and focused their methods for a win. Hands down, they pulled it off with absolutely no resistance from the Falcons typical game play behavior.

The quote was a comment in paper on previous game a few days ago. I was just reusing it. Sorry for the confusion. Just pointing out these 2 get publicity no matter what.

MoEast looked very professional. Their game in the paint will rival the Big 8"s best. They are probably a handful for anyone in the Big 8. Their D flies to the ball. Their press is tight. They search for the percentage shot. They do not miss charity shots. And they have 3 platoons that are equally athletic. Most impressive is their big girls who can run with their guards. Looked like a complete team. No stars, just across the board athletes. Neither Boone nor South can hang with them in the Volunteer Classic.

Coach Meyers stated at end of last season this year’s team will be a lot better than last years, he stated in one of this years basketball review publications that his girls would be a top tier contender in Big 8 conference, and he stated a few days ago in game write up this years team is ahead of last years schedule. What’s the problem? Sounds like he is doing what he was hired to do.

I know exactly when he came. Above that, I do recall exactly who was in the selection process to pick him. :) Does it shock you that some may actually be intelligent enough to know what their talking about. Who is his assistant coach? Well I'll be... it's none other than Coach Anderson. :) The same man who stepped down from head coach the same year Coach Myers was hired. He made his announcement to school officials and they opened up application processes for a replacement.

You believe everything that Myers quotes to a newpaper reporter? :) Coach Myers is a hypocritical liar if I've ever saw one in my life. Absolutely everything he's said so far in any paper has been a farce.

To teach the opponents what? How to sink to the bottom of a conference ladder faster than anyone in history. That's about all that's happened thus far this year. However, it really falls back upon athletes competing against each other instead of playing together as a team to win ball games.

Volunteer's girls are going to have to step up, use their talents and work together for the wins.

If things are as you have stated, have you gone to athletic director or principal? I can't believe an administration would sit back and let something like this happen. What was their response? Have any other parents voice same concerns? From the content of your posts you seem very knowledgeable and not just a disgruntled parent because you child is not playing. Hope things work out, kids deserve better with other life pressures put on them.

I know exactly when he came. Above that, I do recall exactly who was in the selection process to pick him. :thumb: Does it shock you that some may actually be intelligent enough to know what their talking about. Who is his assistant coach? Well I'll be... it's none other than Coach Anderson. :roflol: The same man who stepped down from head coach the same year Coach Myers was hired. He made his announcement to school officials and they opened up application processes for a replacement.

You believe everything that Myers quotes to a newpaper reporter? :thumb: Coach Myers is a hypocritical liar if I've ever saw one in my life. Absolutely everything he's said so far in any paper has been a farce.

After coming on strong last year and winning 10 -12 games I think Myers is trying to out coach his peers. I believe he does not want his team to peak before district tourney and show his hand.

He does have an impressive resume from Lee and is very crafty. His system evidently works, give him time.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like our conference is wide open after last night. Hard to believe DB blew a 10 point lead. It looked like they really could not handle the pressure. Thought the post players did well but need some help. Devine is doing all she can.

THS played an awesome 4th quarter...33 points. This team is only going to get better! If Ashlee had not of gotten in foul trouble the first half, DB may have had a really rough night! ...and Dang...these girls are young!!

DB certainly IS lacking at guard play...

Science Hill shot the heck out of it last night but lets face it with Central's defense a middle school team could have dropped 40 points on them. Sad...sad...sad. Science Hill is the youngest in the Big 8 but you would never know it with their performance so far. Great coaching.

Tenn High is another example of a very well coached team. That team will kill you with their defense. They put a much larger South team in their place this week. DB needs to learn Devine can't do it all. The Big 8 is still up for grabs. NOONE is a stand out this year!