Signings?

redbird9

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you actually watch NAIA baseball? Have you ever heard of Lee University? Do some research.
:Yes I'm very familiar with NAIA baseball. Considering I live about 30 from cleveland I might have heard of Lee University too. Lee plays at most three solid teams a year. Other than those three, the competition is pretty bad no matter how you spin it. Have you ever watched NAIA baseball? Have you ever seen Bryan play Covenant? Wow now thats some awesome baseball.

Yes I tried to watch Bryan play, ugly. But to compare Lee with those 2 is offbase. I have seen really bad juco teams also. Lee's conference had 3 teams make it to the world series last year. I would say thats a tough league. Any juco teams from Tennessee make the world series last year?

No team from Tennessee was in the Juco world series last year.....your point is? Walter State has been to the world series 4 times since 2003 and won it all in 06 not to mention being ranked number 1 several time. Every year Walter State sends kids to big time baseball schools like LSU, UNC, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt and some decide to just go pro. Lee is a very good NAIA school but to compare a very good NAIA school to a very good Juco School isn't fair

No team from Tennessee was in the Juco world series last year.....your point is? Walter State has been to the world series 4 times since 2003 and won it all in 06 not to mention being ranked number 1 several time. Every year Walter State sends kids to big time baseball schools like LSU, UNC, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt and some decide to just go pro. Lee is a very good NAIA school but to compare a very good NAIA school to a very good Juco School isn't fair

I agree that it isn't fair to compare the two. That was my point. Smokinote posted that Walter St was better than any NAIA school in the state. He is comparing apples to oranges. Both teams are good in their respective divisions, and it should be left there with no comparisons.

• 3 weeks later...

Walters does have some high end players as freshman, as far as beating d1 teams that would depend on who is pitching for either team, as Walters maintains players that could have seen the field as freshman at some d1 schools and many players that turn down d1 schools and draft options, they choose jucos like Walters, San Jacinto, Yavapei, Spartanburg just to mention a few of the tops,

because they want to be on field or issues with the clearing house, anyone who thinks Walters is not that strong may want to see who has signed more contracts in the last decade Tennessee or Walters it would be very close and that is freshman and sophomores versus juniors and seniors, look the first 20 rounds last year and see how many were juco players, will agree most juco and naia schools are weak but the top ten njcaa schools are very tough, Walters can play with any team in the state at any level as far as the schedule not having any d1 opponents, I would say most d1 coaches would not want to take the chance of losing to them. I played d1 in the early 80's for a well known d1 with some titles and played San Jacinto a weekend set and we split 2-2 and lost 1 by ten runs.

agree with you there redbird this is true, any scholarship player at d1 could play for walters but also have seen some players on d1 teams that would not make some high school teams, some players that could play d1 that choose top jucos are just not ready to sit or not ready mentally or physically, or just cant pass the clearing house, have been many players leave walters to go on and do well at d1 after a little growth