franklin county vs tullahoma who takes the win?

salecreek

The Rebels should be 5-1 but player and coaching mistakes have cost them the close ones. The coaches must ensure that they and the players know what to do and when. That is their job.

#25 Terrance Martin is a good person and great player but a one dimensional offense does not win games especially the close ones. You can not put the entire offense on his back. It is not fair to him or the team as a whole. There are other capable players even if you only use them as decoy's for #25. We need a passing game as well. It not difficult to defend against 25 to the right, 25 up the middle....etc.

The loss was a heart breaker for those kids. They played well and should have had the win.

They are a much better team than the record indicates.

The parents and community are behind the team, but the coaches need to up their skill level in the area of game magement. Shelbyville, Lavergne, and Tullahoma are prime examples. These should have been wins for FC.

The Rebels are a respected team but are frustrated. They give it all every game.

Keep your heads up young men it will get better.

I did not attend the game but I don't see how anyone could complain about the Martin kid being one deminsional. Your team scored 48 points and over 400 yards of offense. It sounds like offense is not the problem. Tullahoma didn't stop Martin. I know several coaches at FC and I can promise you those men are professionals. People can talk all they want about coaches but it is 16 and 17 year old boys who must play the game. Take away three or four special team plays and your team is 5-1. I know your fans are frustrated but the Martin kid is your meal ticket. He is the 3rd leading RB in the state. If the coaches are putting the ball in his hands they are doing the right thing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels should be 5-1 but player and coaching mistakes have cost them the close ones. The coaches must ensure that they and the players know what to do and when. That is their job.

#25 Terrance Martin is a good person and great player but a one dimensional offense does not win games especially the close ones. You can not put the entire offense on his back. It is not fair to him or the team as a whole. There are other capable players even if you only use them as decoy's for #25. We need a passing game as well. It not difficult to defend against 25 to the right, 25 up the middle....etc.

The loss was a heart breaker for those kids. They played well and should have had the win.

They are a much better team than the record indicates.

The parents and community are behind the team, but the coaches need to up their skill level in the area of game magement. Shelbyville, Lavergne, and Tullahoma are prime examples. These should have been wins for FC.

The Rebels are a respected team but are frustrated. They give it all every game.

Keep your heads up young men it will get better.

I did not attend the game :thumb: but I don't see how anyone could complain about the Martin kid being one deminsional. Your team scored 48 points and over 400 yards of offense. It sounds like offense is not the problem. Tullahoma didn't stop Martin. I know several coaches at FC and I can promise you those men are professionals. People can talk all they want about coaches but it is 16 and 17 year old boys who must play the game. Take away three or four special team plays and your team is 5-1. I know your fans are frustrated but the Martin kid is your meal ticket. He is the 3rd leading RB in the state. If the coaches are putting the ball in his hands they are doing the right thing.

Come on who do think you are kidding!!; you were there!!............... :thumb: Martin is pretty good, but not 3rd best in the state.

FBCOACH

You totally missed the point.

This is a team sport, Terrance is but one dimension, a very good one at that. The TEAM as I stated has a one dimensional offense.

Yes, the Martin kid is good but anyone who has ever coached knows you simply can not depend on one person. The 11 men on the field wins games, hence the word TEAM.

Terrance had a great game, I take nothing away from him. Do you not think that his effort might have been more pleasurable with a win??? It was one of the most exciting games that I have seen and those young me should hold thier heads high for that effort.

Still you must have a balanced offense not a one dimensional offense to win those close ones. Their defense is awsome but could not cover the passing game of Tullahoma.

Many people left because they thought we had it in the bag. I knew better because I have seen the results late in the game at every game this season. What 35-21 with 1:55 left and we lose. That was coaching. I don't care what you think, I know what I see.

If you have been to any game and have any football savvy you would know that the coaching staff has been the primary reason for at least 1 loss maybe 2.

We are all human and make mistakes and as such the coaches should own up. Don't get me wrong they have a great coaching staff, but right now the team is out playing the coaching. You can be a professional that does not ensure that one does not make mistakes. One has nothing to do with the other!

Who is responsible for managing the game?

You going to put that on Terrance too.

FBCOACH

You totally missed the point.

This is a team sport, Terrance is but one dimension, a very good one at that. The TEAM as I stated has a one dimensional offense.

Yes, the Martin kid is good but anyone who has ever coached knows you simply can not depend on one person. The 11 men on the field wins games, hence the word TEAM.

Terrance had a great game, I take nothing away from him. Do you not think that his effort might have been more pleasurable with a win??? It was one of the most exciting games that I have seen and those young me should hold thier heads high for that effort.

Still you must have a balanced offense not a one dimensional offense to win those close ones. Their defense is awsome but could not cover the passing game of Tullahoma.

Many people left because they thought we had it in the bag. I knew better because I have seen the results late in the game at every game this season. What 35-21 with 1:55 left and we lose. That was coaching. I don't care what you think, I know what I see.

If you have been to any game and have any football savvy you would know that the coaching staff has been the primary reason for at least 1 loss maybe 2.

We are all human and make mistakes and as such the coaches should own up. Don't get me wrong they have a great coaching staff, but right now the team is out playing the coaching. You can be a professional that does not ensure that one does not make mistakes. One has nothing to do with the other!

Who is responsible for managing the game?

You going to put that on Terrance too.

You hit it on the head. This is the second district that fc was leading in at the end and lost. Its the coaches fault. Just a waist of good talent. We need new coaches

Boys, I have seen three FC games this year and I saw nothing wrong with coaching issues in any game except Shelbyville. The FC secondary is weak in spots but that is a talent issue and not a coaching matter. Coach Brewer is a good defensive coach and I knew him when he was the head coach at Monterey. He put his defense in a position to stop the pass but give Tullahoma some credit they are well coached and they did a good job putting together a come back.

I coached ball for many years and I don't have a problem with running the ball every down if the opposing defense can't stop it and Two things were obvious Friday night: FC could not stop the pass and THS could not stop the run. Two old rivals playing in a good ballgame.

Only because I find the situation interesting. :lol:

And you find the situation interesting because you have a lot of obsessive hate in you. You should pray about that...shouldn't you, o wise one?

:thumb:

Jabbo,

I'll tell you like it is.

I really don't care about you or what decisions you made or will make about your life. That's between you and whoever else is involved. I said nary a word to you or anyone else about it one way or the other except to try to find out what in the heck was going on since you wouldn't let the issue drop either. You can think whatever you want about whatever, I really don't care.

Jabbo,

I'll tell you like it is.

I really don't care about you or what decisions you made or will make about your life. That's between you and whoever else is involved. I said nary a word to you or anyone else about it one way or the other except to try to find out what in the heck was going on since you wouldn't let the issue drop either. You can think whatever you want about whatever, I really don't care.

I obviously touched a nerve with you and I apologize for that. I just wanted to know why you have hatred that drives you to post meanness on a thread that doesn't concern you in the least. It's odd, that's all, especially for someone that uses the name Solomon.

I'm done now - you can keep hating all you want and I'll ignore it and you. :thumb:

I do not propose getting rid of the coaching staff.

They are good people but they have made some mistakes that have diminished the likelyhood of winning, especially in close games. The coaches are also part of the team. Their function is to manage the game and teach those young men how to win. Their game management skills need some improvement, but hey we all make mistakes. However, they should own up to their mistakes as a coach. This would unify the team even more than it is now. After Friday's game I saw on of the players come up to the field goal kicker and put their arm around him and tell him not to worry, none of us can do it right all the time. That my friends is a real team player and that is more important than winning.

Winning is a result of the process of preparation and execution. If you are prepared and execute properly you will win more often than not.

My points are:

1. Improve your game management. We must continually improve, coaches too.

2. Diversify the offense, This will allow Terrance to be even better.

3. Give other players opportunity to gain some experience and improve, otherwise next year may really be dismal.

4. Work on diversifying the defense. We can stop the run but have difficulity with a team that has a good passing game. Sometimes man to man is better than zone. Use it too.

5. Don't limit yourself by sticking with the same old thing, especially when it isn't working.

I only offer this as a critique in support of the coaches and the team. We need to also stand behind the coaching staff. They are grown men with college educations and should be able to understand and adapt. That is being a professional!

:thumb: