who is the top players in district 7a?

05pg

who are some of the top players this year in clay co. i know clay co has a couple good post s. garrett and lynn. and a boles boy who i i think is just a junior who can shoot from anywhere. korth and adams are also both key players at clay. jackson co also has godwin and others returning but im not sure as to anyone else...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After missing the district championship game for the first time in I believe it was 22 years, the Bobcats are loaded again. Nick Cross will make an impact along with another 6'4" player who I was told moved in from Florida, plus they said they also have a new 6'3" player...with just about everyone back from a team which ended the season playing evenly with Monterey, Clarkrange and Jackson Co. It'll be an interesting year. Until they hit the court and actually begin play, I'd say Clay Co. has to be the #1 team.

After missing the district championship game for the first time in I believe it was 22 years, the Bobcats are loaded again. Nick Cross will make an impact along with another 6'4" player who I was told moved in from Florida, plus they said they also have a new 6'3" player...with just about everyone back from a team which ended the season playing evenly with Monterey, Clarkrange and Jackson Co. It'll be an interesting year. Until they hit the court and actually begin play, I'd say Clay Co. has to be the #1 team.

Should be a real competitive district this year. I'm not sure i would say Pickett is "loaded" as there are no superstars on the team like in years past but they will be better than they were last year for sure. Bibb always does a great job with his teams. Clay graduated 5 seniors but they also got some new recruits in from what everyone is saying and they are always tough come tourney time. JC should be the favorite to win it the next 3 or 4 years but that doesn't mean they will win a game. They are loaded with talent, but hustle will beat talent every day and thus far this group lacks hustle. Couple that with the fact that JC lost its starting point guard until December to a broken ankle courtesy of football and it may be a rocky start to the year as they play Cookeville twice, Livingston twice, Upperman and Warren County to open the season. Clarkrange is always tough at home and they always seem to have JC's number in the district semi final game so i look for them to make some noise as well. Monterey will be everyones whipping boy this year as they lost everyone and have no one coming back. Will be a long year for the team up on the mountain this year. Everyone around these parts except maybe Monterey is ready for Bball season to start thats for sure!

i think clay just has one player that has come in and its not even for sure if he will play. but lynn will of couse be returing. i think everyone is going to under estimate this team because they lost so much to graduation last year.

Dont think anyone will underestimate Clay Co. They have alot of good players coming back and most think Shawn Garrett is their best player but he isn't even close. Boles is probably the best then Lynn, Korth and then maybe Garrett. They will be a tough team for sure. Now can they match up against JC and PC and Crange? We'll see

all around yes boles is prob the best but garrett is very good athlete. boles would be my season mvp if his hustle on defence picked up. i am excited for 7a basketball. but the way they talk pickett might be a team to beat we all know greg bibb can take a cheerleading squad and turn them into district champs

This is sad folks. This district used to produce some of the best talent in the state, albeit most of it came from PC (Eric Mitchell, Jo Amonett, Eugene Parris), but other schools made big contributions (Joey Coe, Jeff Arms, Mike Buck, Ricky Spivey) as well. The top players in this district, used to be in dicussions for Mr. Basketballs, either at the beginning of seasons, in the middle of seasons, or at seasons end as finalists.....ok, I say this to say this.....whoever the best player in this district is, and I'm not sure who it is... is not like it used to be...Clay has some good players, Jackson I think has more good players than anyone else....I think bobcatfan is highly overrating our guys...I mean I like them, and I'm sure we're gonna be GREATLY improved from last season. But Nick Cross is a senior who hasn't played since 8th grade so who knows what to expect from him or if he will even make it out of football season without being injured. Anyway....He will surely add athleticism, height, and leaping ability that we didn't have last year. But all reports I've heard, so this is second hand from very knowledgable people, is that he can't really shoot further away from the basket, though I think he is a good player and that is his game, around the basket, and I get that but this team needs players who can shoot from beyond the arc, knock down the baseline jumper. I think he's what PC has a lot of, around the basket type players and thats fine if they are tall enough to do so, like Cross may very well be. I think if your gonna play half court basketball (like Coach Bibb has shown he wants to do in all past seasons I've seen) then you have to be able to kick in inside, drawn the defense in, be able to lay it in or then kick it out for the jumper. I'll like our team a lot better if we ran the ball up the court more, tried to get more fast break points. PC needs shooters, badly...That's what they really lack. Ben Aaron is a nice, I think he is a good shooter but I think people expect him to be Nathan and thats too much on any kid. I like the rest of the starters too. I'm not sure about this team, will know more when I see them come the Hall of Fame games. I'm not sure about these other taller kids that have been mentioned, not seen them play or even sure I know who they are. I think Jackson Co. is the favorites to win the district, though PC may turn heads and surprise everyone.

i think jackson will be in the district championship but i dont see them winning, i see clay coming out on top. i think they might split the season, each team winning on their home court but in the end i see clay on top. clay co has the best fan support i have ever seen and that helps alot.these boys have also played together for a long time and know where to find each other on the court. best luck to coach edwards and the dawgs this season and also to district 7a! :roflol: would be great to see one of these teams in the boro!

I think tourney time will be exciting.Especially with Lynn and Boles.They work well together and always have. I wish I could have seen them on the court together more last year. And you cant forget the returning district mvp. Adams is a good spot shooter. If Korth is aggresive to the basket and makes better decisions he will be in good shape. How is Lynn doin with the knee surgery?

all around yes boles is prob the best but garrett is very good athlete. boles would be my season mvp if his hustle on defence picked up. i am excited for 7a basketball. but the way they talk pickett might be a team to beat we all know greg bibb can take a cheerleading squad and turn them into district champs

Now you're just talking nonsense. Boles is the best player on Clay Co.'s team i'll give you that but he isn't close to being the MVP of the district. Garrett cant score unless he's shooting a layup and rebounding. He can't shoot the ball from 5 feet so that limits his effectiveness. Pickett will always be a tough team, but ahtletically they just don't have the athletes and shooters like they have had in years past. Now i'm not saying the ones they have are bad by any means because they aren't but they aren't in the class of Nathan Aaron, Ammonnett, the Wright boys, TC Capps etc... which is good for the rest of us in the district. All in all i think it will be a very exciting year as i really think that on any given night, outside of monterey, that any of the teams could beat any of the other ones. JC's players have played school ball and AAU ball together since the 2nd grade so its about time all that started paying off, but if they don't hustle up and down the flloor for the whole game then all this hard work and athletic talent will go to waste and it will be another region semi final exit. :roflol:

I think tourney time will be exciting.Especially with Lynn and Boles.They work well together and always have. I wish I could have seen them on the court together more last year. And you cant forget the returning district mvp. Adams is a good spot shooter. If Korth is aggresive to the basket and makes better decisions he will be in good shape. How is Lynn doin with the knee surgery?

Lynn is making a good recovery, and yes i am very excited also about tourney time this bunch is going to be alot of fun to watch this year. and yes shawn might not be able to shoot nowhere but under the goal but why would you want him anywhere else when you have boles and korth who can knock it down and adams who can pull the jumper? :roflol:

Now you're just talking nonsense. Boles is the best player on Clay Co.'s team i'll give you that but he isn't close to being the MVP of the district. Garrett cant score unless he's shooting a layup and rebounding. He can't shoot the ball from 5 feet so that limits his effectiveness. Pickett will always be a tough team, but ahtletically they just don't have the athletes and shooters like they have had in years past. Now i'm not saying the ones they have are bad by any means because they aren't but they aren't in the class of Nathan Aaron, Ammonnett, the Wright boys, TC Capps etc... which is good for the rest of us in the district. All in all i think it will be a very exciting year as i really think that on any given night, outside of monterey, that any of the teams could beat any of the other ones. JC's players have played school ball and AAU ball together since the 2nd grade so its about time all that started paying off, but if they don't hustle up and down the flloor for the whole game then all this hard work and athletic talent will go to waste and it will be another region semi final exit. :roflol:

Who would be your mvp?