South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great that Travis has such support from his father. He should know how blessed he is .Some of the same folks have come to aid Travis and Zone,but be-littled my son last yr. after the TC loss. I wrote back and defended his cause. Why would a grown-up sit and type support in this yr's loss for Travis, but not mine? Why would these narrow minded fair-weather fans would not support mine's? Double standard? Or is was it something else. SP's so-called fans need to have more respect for the young-men who actually play the games. Not some of the young men,but all of them !

you got it 8-):thumb:

This game should have never been played last night....it put all the players, coaches, and fans at risk when a dangerous storm system came thru. I am going to say what most people will not say. Boyd would not play this game Thursday night because they knew it would rain and they wanted the advantage it would give them since the Pirates rely on the pass a lot more this year. All other schools in the area with any sense played Thursday. They had to have this win for the playoffs plain and simple....and how better to get it with the starting quarterback sick as a dog last night. Once that was common knowledge, SP could not leave without forfeiting the game. I hope they get what they deserve when they have to play Trousdale....that will be a beatdown. I was not impressed with Boyd at all with all the hype....it is clear besides Red Bank and SP, they have played a bunch of cupcakes.

Now for the Pirates.....defense played an exceptional game. True, if we don't block the two punts, SP may not have scored but if Boyd had not blocked a punt, it would have been a tighter game. And what was up with the roughing the kicker flag that was picked up?? The calls were pretty even last night but that one was a bad one. It is too bad that these two teams can't meet again in the playoffs because I think the outcome to the game would be very different. One thing about it....this game does not hurt the Pirates at all. They need to hold their heads up high and get ready for the remainder of the season. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!

You Spitt fans should start reading previous posts before you make your own. The excuses of poor field conditions, sick players, and backup QB's have already been posted too many times to count. I'm a little shocked you didn't repeat the statement about the rich private school kids being able to get flu shots.

Got to hand it to you though 94P, your conspiracy theory about Boyd not wanting to play on Thursday was a new one. It is sure to be repeated for pages, and pages, to come.

You Boyd fans crack me up....you know it is true. When the decision was made, all the Boyd faithful were pumping their fists because they had just seen our quarterback go home. Plus, Grider was shaking his head the whole time the pa man was annoucing that both coaches agreed to play.....I don't think we had much of a choice. Like I said I hope you get what you deserve.

Word from a member of the coaching staff is that Boyd offered to postpone it until Saturday night but Vic and Pratt both said "No".. You play the game with whatever personnel you have available and in whatever conditions there happen to be... Losing this game is not shameful for SP.. Especially keeping it close under the conditions... Boyd is a good team as is SP... take it for what it is which is a valuable learning experience for some younger folks and move on.. I'm sure the "replacements" weren't the only ones that had missed assignments, reads or mis-handled balls... You never know, one of the playoff games may have very similar field conditions and at least both of these teams will have been there and done that...

KL thinks that Pirate Mike should get a life. Zone does alot for that program and is NOT paid a dime. KL agrees with TTP on your new name (Coach Mike). The only coaching experience you have is figuring out what play to run next on NCAA 2010. KL always sits up there behind you on the south side of the press box at homes games. It was amazing how you thought we had the worst offense ever during the Jasper game and then jumped on the bandwagon after Cascade. I like the spread, but also would like to have some Wing-T for backup. But I sure didn't think we should totally redo the offense. Im sure Travis could have done a few things different, but we had a chance to win. Travis wasn't the reason we lost the game. Im not making excuses about the mud. They were playing in it too. It would have been nice to have Terrell, but we didn't. They won. It makes us look bad when you and PowerP and others get on here and make a 18 wheeler load of excuses. Maybe Coach Mike should go ask Coach Vic if their is an extra headset in the fieldhouse he could put on and spot from up there near the top row. You could tell Coach Grider to tell Raquis to hit B continously for speed burst and then hit "L" for juke left. :thumb:

Coach Mike has a nice ring to it. Listen guys, I don't claim to know it all, but as a fan, I like to win, and I say do whatever it takes to win. Ganging up on me doesn't matter to me cause I know this is just a forum. I won't take it personal like some. I will take up for myself and I will continue to speak my mind about things and call it like I see it. I totally agree about staying positive for the young kids, but you know if you constantly tell a kid it will be okay, just do better next time, then they never do? Well, you really didn't prepare them for the best AND for the worst. If you can't do the job, find someone that can. Plain and simple. I have the utmost respect for all the coaches from Vic all the way down to Wes. I have been to every game home and away, good and bad, since I graduated in 94. I'm a fan, I have the right to do a little bashing every once in a while. As far as Zone helping the program and not getting paid, thanks, we appreciate it. If he had no kids would he still help? Bottom line, he is there for his son, and I respect that, I would be the same. Now everyone just get past this, hate me if you want, but remember like I said, we will see next year.

Pirate Mike I will give you your props. It's not always popular to post how the common fan might feel. Because i've been gained up on here too! I will not let our so-called supporter's question our player's character as they did in the past. Espsecially when they don't even know these young-men. But these young men will I stand up for. They really played their hearts out. Let's move on in SP's quest for another gold-ball!

one of those woulda coulda shoulda's huh B)

I listened to this one on the Boyd Buc radio.It was a tough game,and well played defensively,especially by Boyd. IMO if (the woulda coulda factor)SP had their starting QB I have zero doubt in my mind they would have pulled this one out. It was a very tough game,with tough conditions for a backup QB.

I'll see you at the next game Logger. :D

How can you know that when listening to the game on the radio? Can you get me a winning lottery ticket please? I bet you have never even seen Boyd play. I bet you couldn't even tell me our jersey colors without looking it up. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

KL thinks that Pirate Mike should get a life. Zone does alot for that program and is NOT paid a dime. KL agrees with TTP on your new name (Coach Mike). The only coaching experience you have is figuring out what play to run next on NCAA 2010. KL always sits up there behind you on the south side of the press box at homes games. It was amazing how you thought we had the worst offense ever during the Jasper game and then jumped on the bandwagon after Cascade. I like the spread, but also would like to have some Wing-T for backup. But I sure didn't think we should totally redo the offense. Im sure Travis could have done a few things different, but we had a chance to win. Travis wasn't the reason we lost the game. Im not making excuses about the mud. They were playing in it too. It would have been nice to have Terrell, but we didn't. They won. It makes us look bad when you and PowerP and others get on here and make a 18 wheeler load of excuses. Maybe Coach Mike should go ask Coach Vic if their is an extra headset in the fieldhouse he could put on and spot from up there near the top row. You could tell Coach Grider to tell Raquis to hit B continously for speed burst and then hit "L" for juke left. :thumb:

Coach Mike has a nice ring to it. Listen guys, I don't claim to know it all, but as a fan, I like to win, and I say do whatever it takes to win. Ganging up on me doesn't matter to me cause I know this is just a forum. I won't take it personal like some. I will take up for myself and I will continue to speak my mind about things and call it like I see it. I totally agree about staying positive for the young kids, but you know if you constantly tell a kid it will be okay, just do better next time, then they never do? Well, you really didn't prepare them for the best AND for the worst. If you can't do the job, find someone that can. Plain and simple. I have the utmost respect for all the coaches from Vic all the way down to Wes. I have been to every game home and away, good and bad, since I graduated in 94. I'm a fan, I have the right to do a little bashing every once in a while. As far as Zone helping the program and not getting paid, thanks, we appreciate it. If he had no kids would he still help? Bottom line, he is there for his son, and I respect that, I would be the same. Now everyone just get past this, hate me if you want, but remember like I said, we will see next year.

I don't hate you Mike. :thumb::thumb:

I do completely disagree with what you say about how much better you think your Pirates are than our Bucs, but atleast this year I can always give the comeback "Scoreboard" LOL