South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

This is my first chance to post since the game has been played. But, really I don't post much anyway. This game concerned me all week because I wondered how we would respond in a close game against a team with a good line. Well, I still think we could have responded better than we did in a close game. Conditions were horrible and this game should have been played on Thursday with or without the starting QB. I think Boyd's line isn't hardly as good as advertised but they are good. It was a good game but the circumstances hurt SP and that is just the way it goes sometimes. I could say more but I won't. I don't see SP having any problems the rest of the way especially if everyone is healthy.

Old Pirate says them city fellers knew their best chances were with a soggy wet field. Now as for them private folkes being better educated? Folkes were warned about the serious weather for days with the smart programs moving the games to Thursday. Dad burnit....figure them city fellers could be considered smart with things working out the way it did! :thumb: :thumb:

Folkes................., no one should ever be allowed to be put in such dangerous conditions again, period.

Places like Florida where folkes are hurt or killed from lightening regularly this game would have never been played. Sure were some REAL DUMMIES involved here.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first chance to post since the game has been played. But, really I don't post much anyway. This game concerned me all week because I wondered how we would respond in a close game against a team with a good line. Well, I still think we could have responded better than we did in a close game. Conditions were horrible and this game should have been played on Thursday with or without the starting QB. I think Boyd's line isn't hardly as good as advertised but they are good. It was a good game but the circumstances hurt SP and that is just the way it goes sometimes. I could say more but I won't. I don't see SP having any problems the rest of the way especially if everyone is healthy.

Old Pirate says them city fellers knew their best chances were with a soggy wet field. Now as for them private folkes being better educated? Folkes were warned about the serious weather for days with the smart programs moving the games to Thursday. Dad burnit....figure them city fellers could be considered smart with things working out the way it did! :cry::lol:

Folkes................., no one should ever be allowed to be put in such dangerous conditions again, period.

Places like Florida where folkes are hurt or killed from lightening regularly this game would have never been played. Sure were some REAL DUMMIES involved here.

Didn't someone say that Grider wanted to play, and we wanted to reschedule? Not sure if that is true or not, so if that was the case, it wasn't the city fellers fault.

Well, here's my take on the game friday night. First off, I'm glad they decided to play it Friday because I came down from Knox and would have been P.O. if they had postponed it. Now, I'm not "in the know" like some people on here, but just from an outsider it seemed to me Boyd would have waited until midnight to get the game in, once they figured out Terrell wasn't going to be able to go. I cannot blame them for that. Advantage of being at home. Do I think he would have made the difference? Maybe. All in all, I didn't think your back-up did too bad considering the circumstances. Man, talk about getting thrown in the fire!!! Regardless, SP was still in position to tie it late in the game.

Special teams proved to be a major factor! Blocked and fumbled punts help set both teams up to score. If either team had eliminated their mistakes in the kicking game, the score wouldn't have been as close. There are 3 phases to every game, but looked like these two really only concentrate on two of them.

As far as Boyd goes.... I was impressed with your size. However, not the dominate type team I was expecting to see. With Robinson out, I figured you would win pretty handily, but that wasn't the case. Way too many stupid mistakes....off sides in particular. Your skill people do run hard, but I don't think they can match SP speed (overall). Beasley has good vision, and hurt SP on cut backs. Really couldn't tell anything about Crowe and the recieving corp. This was my first time to go to Boyd, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I was not at all impressed with the facilities. The field looked good (before the game started), but overall... just not what I was expecting from a well established private school.

All this being said, I'm smart enough to know that this game is not a good litmus test for either team. All comments made above were soley based on the game this past Friday. Under different circumstances, may have been a different outcome. Maybe not. It is what it is, and now it's over. I do wish this game would have been played on a dry track. Just couldn't get a real feel for the Bucs. To bad the meet and greet got cancelled, but it was nice to meet Pirate Mike and Reaction. Boss, I was standing on the corner of the tract, SP side near the field house. I kept watching for you to make your way to the conscession stand, but never saw you.

Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way out. I'm pretty sure SP will be in Cookeville, and I'd be willing to bet we'll square off with Boyd before the season is over.

I think this thread has run it's course and it's now time to move on to other games. I'm closing this thread. If some of you wish to continue with it, contact CoachT and ask him to re-open it. Otherwise, good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season (except in two weeks Boyd! lol..).. PG.