Collinwood vs Richland

Chunk_d

I have not seen your junior high play this year, but was under the impression they were stuggling. Most junior high programs are turned around when a new crop of better players moves up. Most small schools can predict how good a team will be a year or two in advance of the kids getting into junior high. I saw your junior high when these current high school kids were in middle school and they were lacking in skill players except Bo and a few more. I believe those kids to Pulaski or moved off. Taylor may be a poor Coach, but players account for 85-95% of wins in high school football. Just my personnel opinion.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen your junior high play this year, but was under the impression they were stuggling. Most junior high programs are turned around when a new crop of better players moves up. Most small schools can predict how good a team will be a year or two in advance of the kids getting into junior high. I saw your junior high when these current high school kids were in middle school and they were lacking in skill players except Bo and a few more. I believe those kids to Pulaski or moved off. Taylor may be a poor Coach, but players account for 85-95% of wins in high school football. Just my personnel opinion.

well if players account for 85 to 95% they why do you need a coach in my opinion a true coach can take the players he has and stay in most game and may not have a winning season but teach the kids the game and not get blown out and over 16 years there had to be some very good players come though the school

Velocity,

With a "good coach" and the same kids you have at Richland what do you think the record would be?

How many games did these same athletes win in jr high?

Once you answer these questions we will c ontinue our conversation.

"continue what conversation"? I didn't know I was having one with you.

I'm not having a conversation with anyone here in particular, but do wish the school board would take notice!

I've only stated the obvious, and that is Taylor's horrible record as coach. You ask what I think the record would be if there was a "good coach" there? WEll, heck, it couldn't be worse than it is right now could it? As we've stated over the past few weeks, 16 yrs. is too long to let the community and the players suffer from a lack of football coaching skills on the part of someone hired to lead the football team. If they don't want to re-leave him of his duties in football, then put him in charge of the softball team or basketball team or soccer team. My goodness, give us a break--we are fed up and tired of being chosen as the team to play for Homecoming!!

Ladies and Gents... Get this thread back on topic... that being Collinwood vs. Richland... or else this thread will be closed down. Please refer to the board rules before posting so that this and future threads can stay active... PG.

Sorry, I thought we were on topic (discussing the reason that we lost this game, and so many others).

All ya'll have done is downed your coach and spoke bad of him. That is not talking about the game. That is not the purpose of these boards. This thread could have already been shut down long ago if the moderators had wanted too.

the coach is part of the team and a large part of the game every game :roflol:

Ladies and Gents... Get this thread back on topic... that being Collinwood vs. Richland... or else this thread will be closed down. Please refer to the board rules before posting so that this and future threads can stay active... PG.

where are the board rules i looked but could not fine them

where are the board rules i looked but could not fine them

i looked on some other football threads and they are talking about more than there teams

All ya'll have done is downed your coach and spoke bad of him. That is not talking about the game. That is not the purpose of these boards. This thread could have already been shut down long ago if the moderators had wanted too.

the coach is part of the team and a large part of the game every game :thumb:

The coach is the brain that controls the rest of the beast. A loss rests firmly on his shoulders. Any good coach will say "it's my fault" instead of making excuses. I feel this thread is totally on topic and don't see the problem.