Daniel Boone @ Science Hill

formerblazer

What are you smoking? Hey, at the end of the game, who you talk to and what they think really doesn't matter against the scoreboard. South couldn't get the job done, your boys haven't got the job done against them... Boone sucked it up and shut down the offense, made the big defensive plays, and got a win against DB. Last time I checked, you all really haven't had a test of your skills yet, but we've already had to play DB and South (and a South with the St at QB, nothing against the one now he just needs more exp). We've taken them both to the ropes.... yet still we have fans saying it was nothing.

When was the last time you all beat DB?

1997 I believe. Then we loss in 98’ and didn’t play again until 05’. But what does that have to do with anything??? And don’t get loud with me… I’m just repeating what was told to me by South and DB informants. And where was all this mouth when I asked you for some comparisons between South and DB?! You know what… I’m going to stop right there with you. This is not the time… but it is coming. I’ll just say…. you’re not sneaking up on us or Science Hill like you did the other two. NOBODY took you serious up to this point until it was to late… but that’s not an excuse anymore.

By the way… Greenville is the best 1st and 3rd quarter team I’ve seen in person all year. That includes DB and South. If they had a little more depth, they would finish top three at least in the Big 8 conference… and that’s including THS. So we have had our “test”.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how good Boone's defense really is on Friday. After Crockett's Sumo ran over Science Hill's defense Boone should have good chance to pull this one out.

Boone has done well this year, and it's just too bad there are people who want to take focus away from the athletes. The rumor going around right now is that a current school board member wants to be the Daniel Boone Athletic Director. It has been said originally that Washington County wanted to hire someone with a degree and appropriate athletic experience for the job, but somewhere midstream the job description changed to where anybody could apply with a degree OR coaching experience in Babe Ruth baseball or AAU basketball or anything that is closely related to sports. I wonder why the job description would be changed.......maybe to accomodate someone without a collgege degree. I guess this means all the fantasy football league coaches need to apply for athletic director in Washington County. Since when is it ethical/legal for board member(s) to create a job and then apply for the very same job. I guess we'll just have to see how Good of an Athletic Director Danny will be next year.

Despite this Daniel Boone will continue to have a good year.

1997 I believe. Then we loss in 98’ and didn’t play again until 05’. But what does that have to do with anything??? And don’t get loud with me… I’m just repeating what was told to me by South and DB informants. And where was all this mouth when I asked you for some comparisons between South and DB?! You know what… I’m going to stop right there with you. This is not the time… but it is coming. I’ll just say…. you’re not sneaking up on us or Science Hill like you did the other two. NOBODY took you serious up to this point until it was to late… but that’s not an excuse anymore.

By the way… Greenville is the best 1st and 3rd quarter team I’ve seen in person all year. That includes DB and South. If they had a little more depth, they would finish top three at least in the Big 8 conference… and that’s including THS. So we have had our “test”.

Cap have you seen Boone play? Obviously not if youve been talking to the biased DB fans who say they handed Boone the game. Just like you they give no credit to Boone. Boone came into J. Fred and made the playes that gave them the win. They might not have looked to good on offense but good teams force turnovers and make the other team pay. Boones D line shut Sensabaugh down and he had two great runs that were called back on holding penalties, but everything else he tried to run was denied. I have seen bothe Science Hill and Boone play. Elizabethon ate Science Hills defense and made them look like an 8th grade team. If thats the case Friday night you cant count on the Hilltoppers to get rattled by the Blazers. You just be like all the other fans and say that a county team cant come into your house and beat you. You better watch out.

And if Greeneville is the best 1st and 3rd quarter team you have seen, then you havent seen to much. I wonder what a Tennessee High fan would say to a team that they ran over in Greeneville. Wouldnt be saying they were the best 1st and 3rd quarter team and I can bet you that.

So far I've seen South, DB, Science Hill and Boone play, soon to see TN High this weekend. Here's my take based on what i've seen. South tons of talent, 1st game still in their heads and understandable. Huge line both ways, but lacking in the psych. dept. (DB)

DB down on talent, but big on heart, headbusting RB. better get em this year, because the have much talent yet to play varsity.

Science Hill, maybe more wasted talent than any school in the area, no coaching, but big talent coming from underclassmen.

Boone, big heart, very good linebacker, will make you very sore on Saturday. Could make some noise in a few weeks.

TN High, from what I can tell maybe the most talent in the backfield(QB AND 2 GOOD BACKS) we'll see this weekend.

Insider scoop............

We've been hit with the flu just like SH and other teams. I know of 3 that were getting over it last week against SC and 1 that was feeling the affects during the game. Batteling through it, just like the rest of you. Injuries, not so affecting this year, so far!

SH complained about the flu and injuries against the TH game. Our boys are playing through it. They're tough! No supperstar approach. BS, HC, KC, CS, MD, and JC, are superstars. They don't show their emotion on the field like most of the area showbaots. You'll find out just how tough they are 48 minutes after 7:30PM 9 October, 2009.... Give or take a few, after Official and Comercial Time outs.....It is Science Hill. Is Steeve Sp. going to be there?

By the way Jaco, thanks for the "spell check"! My confuser year/model did'nt come whith that option!

What are you smoking? Hey, at the end of the game, who you talk to and what they think really doesn't matter against the scoreboard. South couldn't get the job done, your boys haven't got the job done against them... Boone sucked it up and shut down the offense, made the big defensive plays, and got a win against DB. Last time I checked, you all really haven't had a test of your skills yet, but we've already had to play DB and South (and a South with the St at QB, nothing against the one now he just needs more exp). We've taken them both to the ropes.... yet still we have fans saying it was nothing.

Sneaking up....we're expecting you...yadda yadda. But you will hear me apologize about the South and DB comparison I must have missed that post.

South and DB informants. I don't know any DB informants but I can tell you that some South buddies told me Boone whipped South up and down the field... but then let the game go. End of the story right there. Boone completely ruined the season for Seymour, a team that was supposed to do well, but suddenly you have a defense that holds them to -16 yards. Next week, you have a Cherokee team that everyone picked to beat Boone.... next you have a South team picked to beat up on Boone by 35 points.....then a DB team picked to beat Boone by 14. The last two weeks, you have picks of Boone only winning by a touchdown or two.... and still you have Boone beating the spread easily.

Quit giving reasons that make it seem like the only reason Boone is winning is because the kids are looking down on Boone and we sneaked up on them. DB was a conference game and I know they took it seriously, and seeing as how Jenkins and Carter know each other well you can guarantee each of them were ready for one another.

All in all, it's time for credit to be given to Boone for what they have done so far... but all the talk about how still they aren't too great but maybe could make some noise probably just ticks off the players and community. We respect other programs enough to know what you are capable of, we just ask for some in turn.

At the end of the day, SH is a huge rivalry for Boone, whether SH knows it or not. Boone will be fired up simply because it is "Little county vs. big city". I've been in those shoes, I know what will be said... Boone will come into the game full of a lot of intensity and anger.

Cheers Cap :roflolk:

well i think blazers defense will be a test but if they dont do sumthin aginst the short pass then there in trouble snyder went 22 for 25 with 215 yards passin aginst us SH run wasnt much they couldnt do neything around the ends or up the middle they would put num 70 in the back field and lead through A gap for mitchel SH line is strong but not very quick um Sh has got sum good recivers in num 8,4 but i think he may be out im not sure num 13 for SH is a hot head u get in his head he will blow up and get a personal foul SH d front is big but not very good there slow. overall if the blazers cum ready to play they will win. i no crockett and boone are rivals but i would love to c boone roll all over SH just becuse everyone thinks there so great we prove that there not not takein no creadit away from SH but we got cheated out of that one every nows it. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

GO PIONEERS

Sneaking up....we're expecting you...yadda yadda. But you will hear me apologize about the South and DB comparison I must have missed that post.

South and DB informants. I don't know any DB informants but I can tell you that some South buddies told me Boone whipped South up and down the field... but then let the game go. End of the story right there. Boone completely ruined the season for Seymour, a team that was supposed to do well, but suddenly you have a defense that holds them to -16 yards. Next week, you have a Cherokee team that everyone picked to beat Boone.... next you have a South team picked to beat up on Boone by 35 points.....then a DB team picked to beat Boone by 14. The last two weeks, you have picks of Boone only winning by a touchdown or two.... and still you have Boone beating the spread easily.

Quit giving reasons that make it seem like the only reason Boone is winning is because the kids are looking down on Boone and we sneaked up on them. DB was a conference game and I know they took it seriously, and seeing as how Jenkins and Carter know each other well you can guarantee each of them were ready for one another.

All in all, it's time for credit to be given to Boone for what they have done so far... but all the talk about how still they aren't too great but maybe could make some noise probably just ticks off the players and community. We respect other programs enough to know what you are capable of, we just ask for some in turn.

At the end of the day, SH is a huge rivalry for Boone, whether SH knows it or not. Boone will be fired up simply because it is "Little county vs. big city". I've been in those shoes, I know what will be said... Boone will come into the game full of a lot of intensity and anger.

Cheers Cap :roflol:

Respect is earned on the field, not on these boards….just ask South. It really comes down to what have you done lately? Nobody takes Boone serious because the last time Boone made even the slightest ripple was your (7-4) 2006 season. I personally haven’t heard of any stand out players other than someone motioning that you have a real good LB, and it’s obvious that you have an outstanding kicker. You beat DB, but that was before the South win and while they were 1 and 4 with Central being their only victory. The way you played South raised some eyebrows until we watched them get dismantled by a 1-5 DB that just lost to Boone (sorry…but big shocker to everyone). And finally wins over North (5-2), Cherokee (2-4), Seymour (2-4), and Central (0-6) doesn’t exactly scream RESPECT. Not trying to be rude, but that’s how the people on the outside are looking in at Boone. Even though Science Hill isn’t having the best of seasons they have played two State ranked teams pretty tight (Elizabethton and Morristown West). They didn’t fare to well against us, but they do have a lot of potential. Coach Smith better get someone in there that knows something about offensive schemes, or I would say his days are numbered. It’s frustrating to see someone have ALL the right ingredients (Good QB, Talented RBs, WR with good size and speed, and a BIG O line) but still can’t bake the cake… what the heck is this guy doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing left to do with this group is put it all together in practice and COACH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine Coach S. Witten and his “three year program” at Science Hill…. hint hint.

Boone looks like a well rounded team by all indications. The kicker (Burkey) sounds like the real deal! I’ve seen at least three QB names in the box scores… what’s that all about? There are also several RBs that contribute. Is it that you truly have that much depth or just don’t have any standouts? This will be an interesting game and a good measure to the Daniel Boone madness.

:roflol:

Respect is earned on the field, not on these boards….just ask South. It really comes down to what have you done lately? Nobody takes Boone serious because the last time Boone made even the slightest ripple was your (7-4) 2006 season. I personally haven’t heard of any stand out players other than someone motioning that you have a real good LB, and it’s obvious that you have an outstanding kicker. You beat DB, but that was before the South win and while they were 1 and 4 with Central being their only victory. The way you played South raised some eyebrows until we watched them get dismantled by a 1-5 DB that just lost to Boone (sorry…but big shocker to everyone). And finally wins over North (5-2), Cherokee (2-4), Seymour (2-4), and Central (0-6) doesn’t exactly scream RESPECT. Not trying to be rude, but that’s how the people on the outside are looking in at Boone. Even though Science Hill isn’t having the best of seasons they have played two State ranked teams pretty tight (Elizabethton and Morristown West). They didn’t fare to well against us, but they do have a lot of potential. Coach Smith better get someone in there that knows something about offensive schemes, or I would say his days are numbered. It’s frustrating to see someone have ALL the right ingredients (Good QB, Talented RBs, WR with good size and speed, and a BIG O line) but still can’t bake the cake… what the heck is this guy doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing left to do with this group is put it all together in practice and COACH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine Coach S. Witten and his “three year program” at Science Hill…. hint hint.

Boone looks like a well rounded team by all indications. The kicker (Burkey) sounds like the real deal! I’ve seen at least three QB names in the box scores… what’s that all about? There are also several RBs that contribute. Is it that you truly have that much depth or just don’t have any standouts? This will be an interesting game and a good measure to the Daniel Boone madness.

:D

I believe it was a 9-3 season in 2005, with a 9-4 season in 99. Those have been the last two deep Boone teams. And granted, you have the a team that hasn't made the playoffs the last few years and hasn't had any break out talent in the groups to speak of. First off, you can make the argument that we don't get the publicity becase A. No one expected us to win B. Science Hill and Elizabethton have always had more of a share of the paper... it is just how it is.

Breakout players? Hard to say from what I am looking at since I don't know any of the kids there anymore just positions and who is doing what. A pair of huge fast linebackers, a huge front line, a secondary that is getting better and better. Offensively, a smaller Boone line that historically the school has, a lot of subs in the backfield and secondary, and two quarterbacks who are pretty good. Blame it on me for not knowing anyone :mrgreen:

As for the Boone/South game, I believe one player made a big difference and that was the QB for South. We didn't see him against DB and that might have made a difference. I saw him single handedly take over the game the second half of Boone, so I'll credit where it is due. South is better than that game suggested, and there you have it. The DB win was what it was, the strength of Boone's D was better than what DB could make with their offense. The kicker for Boone is all over the place with points on the board, and that is something I remember that your school used to have all the time.

Oh and speaking of your 97 team.... do you know who beat TN High that year :D

well i think blazers defense will be a test but if they dont do sumthin aginst the short pass then there in trouble snyder went 22 for 25 with 215 yards passin aginst us SH run wasnt much they couldnt do neything around the ends or up the middle they would put num 70 in the back field and lead through A gap for mitchel SH line is strong but not very quick um Sh has got sum good recivers in num 8,4 but i think he may be out im not sure num 13 for SH is a hot head u get in his head he will blow up and get a personal foul SH d front is big but not very good there slow. overall if the blazers cum ready to play they will win. i no crockett and boone are rivals but i would love to c boone roll all over SH just becuse everyone thinks there so great we prove that there not not takein no creadit away from SH but we got cheated out of that one every nows it. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

GO PIONEERS

The game I watched Friday night the DC D Ends had very little sucess against SH but the nose guard (#74 if I remember correctly) had his way up the middle. Adjustments were made to help out with #74 and DC had no answer for the Toppers after that adjustment was made. You were not "cheated" out of anything as SH has nothing to do with the refs, same as any other school so quit whining and get ready to play this week. Do you know if the picture in the Press was his first foot down or his second? I would need to see the film for sure but remember the Press probably sold alot more papers because they used that picture. (but again I don't know for sure nor do you unless you have watched the film and it's doubtful that it captured the line clear enough to tell)

Are you trying to be funny with your spelling like starsandbars?