Daniel Boone @ Science Hill

formerblazer

All I have to say is I was the one promoting Daniel Boone and as far back as the summer during 7/7. Nearing the beginning of summer practice I had a conversation with Coach Jenkins and watched a couple of practices a bit later on and was convnced they were at least the spoiler of the conference. Well, they have done some spoiling. I also alluded to their near future as is related to their huge housing growth which in turn relates to numbers in the school system. An issue Coach Jenkins is bubbly about. Boone has had for about 5 years (the housing bust has been going on for about 10 years) the reference as the coming new DB. Not in name but in numbers and performance. That conversation centered around who would be this seasons premier RB and all were examined and his comment was that he had a present for CS from DB. Well, that's all it took for the city people to get their panties in a wad and so the post went largely unnoticed except for the bad press for CS. That crying went on for ever. Any way, my point is Daniel Boone wants respect. I must say that after 5 years with Stacy Carter and after sending a few wonderful athletes to colleges South still is wanting for respect. We make one mistake and "our ride is over". At least that is how the "old money" treats us. So for you Boonies you might want to batten down the hatches and break out the C Rations because your respect will be long suffered. You will need at least 5 solid years of kicking A to get a B in class. My suggestion to you is to quit whinning and continue bustin' it up and quietly become who politics and economics have assuredly guaranteed you will become. You are fortunate for your future is bright...any economist could see that. Conversly, South is on a path for destruction. Kingsport City BOE has made sure of that. South has had their chance. The school opened in 1980 so to wait until 2004 to decide to attempt to reach greatness is...well, a bit late. Nevertheless the program is continually reaching for greatness. You must realize no one will give you any respect until you earn it. And even then you will have gotten lucky. This is not necessarily my view but is definately the view of the community. So, there you go...a dose of reality. I am proud for your recent success and celebrate with you for I know how it feels to see a floundering program and have children that are a part of it's restructure and success. Your trump card is that your community is built on solid rock. South is built on sand. And in the late 70's when inteligent proponents of sesession advocated incorporation of Colonial Heights to overcome the inevitable washing away of the sand most residents could not see the bow was slipping just so indicating that we were taking on water; albeit very slowly. And now that the fate of the Titanic is evident we are steaming ahead full with open bar and band playing vowing to "When In Doubt Charge" as we will go down in true Confederate fashion. For you I must say enjoy your construction for it is not the destination but the ride that is the glamour. And as I see it you travels are bought and paid for.

One more thing...get some decent uniforms and try and match your socks. Upgrading goes a long way toward building morale. We're not working on the farm you know. After all...you can't come to the party until you get a suit. From the Rebel Nation

You don't know when to Quit. Let's see if you rise to the occassion (TH vs DB thread).

Remember when in doubt Charge 8-) . :thumb:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is I was the one promoting Daniel Boone and as far back as the summer during 7/7. Nearing the beginning of summer practice I had a conversation with Coach Jenkins and watched a couple of practices a bit later on and was convnced they were at least the spoiler of the conference. Well, they have done some spoiling. I also alluded to their near future as is related to their huge housing growth which in turn relates to numbers in the school system. An issue Coach Jenkins is bubbly about. Boone has had for about 5 years (the housing bust has been going on for about 10 years) the reference as the coming new DB. Not in name but in numbers and performance. That conversation centered around who would be this seasons premier RB and all were examined and his comment was that he had a present for CS from DB. Well, that's all it took for the city people to get their panties in a wad and so the post went largely unnoticed except for the bad press for CS. That crying went on for ever. Any way, my point is Daniel Boone wants respect. I must say that after 5 years with Stacy Carter and after sending a few wonderful athletes to colleges South still is wanting for respect. We make one mistake and "our ride is over". At least that is how the "old money" treats us. So for you Boonies you might want to batten down the hatches and break out the C Rations because your respect will be long suffered. You will need at least 5 solid years of kicking A to get a B in class. My suggestion to you is to quit whinning and continue bustin' it up and quietly become who politics and economics have assuredly guaranteed you will become. You are fortunate for your future is bright...any economist could see that. Conversly, South is on a path for destruction. Kingsport City BOE has made sure of that. South has had their chance. The school opened in 1980 so to wait until 2004 to decide to attempt to reach greatness is...well, a bit late. Nevertheless the program is continually reaching for greatness. You must realize no one will give you any respect until you earn it. And even then you will have gotten lucky. This is not necessarily my view but is definately the view of the community. So, there you go...a dose of reality. I am proud for your recent success and celebrate with you for I know how it feels to see a floundering program and have children that are a part of it's restructure and success. Your trump card is that your community is built on solid rock. South is built on sand. And in the late 70's when inteligent proponents of sesession advocated incorporation of Colonial Heights to overcome the inevitable washing away of the sand most residents could not see the bow was slipping just so indicating that we were taking on water; albeit very slowly. And now that the fate of the Titanic is evident we are steaming ahead full with open bar and band playing vowing to "When In Doubt Charge" as we will go down in true Confederate fashion. For you I must say enjoy your construction for it is not the destination but the ride that is the glamour. And as I see it you travels are bought and paid for.

One more thing...get some decent uniforms and try and match your socks. Upgrading goes a long way toward building morale. We're not working on the farm you know. After all...you can't come to the party until you get a suit. From the Rebel Nation

Yes...because we have a lot of money in the county. Money goes to roads, the education money kinda has to go to education. I have no idea what the booster club is doing but hey...times are tight right now bud, everyone knows that.