Sequatchie at Whitwell

Indian

Started it early so it will be a Class AA topic instead of a Class A topic like Marion was :D I say Sequatchie should take it but the last 2 games have been draining for the players. Whitwell's loss to South Pittsburg doesn't mean they don't have some ability, and that game doesn't affect this one. Neither do Sequatchie's big scrimmage win over Lookout Valley and Lookout Valley's win over Whitwell. Every week is different.

Indian, I like the way you think... This is Football. Nothing matters except for the points on the board... anything can happen.

I think should be a really fun game to watch and I honestly am not sure how I feel about it. I haven't got to see Sequatchie play a single game yet... Of course as you pointed out, we can look at some of the wins over opponents that we have played... but that doesn't really mean alot most of the time.

Tigers & Indians are both coming off a loss.... Tigers loss was a little more expected so I dont think that it will affect them as much as the Indians might have been affected by their loss. I know that Whitwell is much improved this year and they are going to really be looking to put up a few more "W"s before the season is over. Their D has been pretty tight this year so we will see how things pan out this Friday. Good luck to both and hopefully the Tigers can pull this one out after a big loss last week. :roflol:

PS Indian... you will have to forgive me but I must do my duty and open another thread in the SingleA forum. I'll stay on this one too though.

From what i am hearing whitwell is playing pretty good ball and sequatchie had 8 turnovers aginst an impressive bledsoe co. Im feeling whitwell plays sequatchie closer than everybody thinks but the indians are just too much for the tigers. Seq-38 Whitwell-21

Were these turnovers fumbles??? interceptions???

Luckily, (for the most part) Whitwell has done pretty well with keeping the ball and minimum penalties this year. There's been a game or two were we slipped up and turned it over too much... Lookout Valley game is one of them.... but all in all it is so much better than last season. Last year it was fumble all night long... this year they have really suprised me in many different aspects of the game. They are playing strong.

**** I copied this from the Single a thread *****

How healthy is Dunlap right now???

Whitwell is all go 100% right now. We had one of our Senior offensive linemen out for several previous games... Hurt his knee real bad againt Taft. He was back on the field some against SP so he should be even better this week. BIG boy. Last name Terry. He is probably somewhere around 6' 5" and probably upwards of 260 or something.... dont know exactly but he was one of our big uns.... so now he is going to be back in action. Hopefully put a little umph in our offense.

From what i am hearing whitwell is playing pretty good ball and sequatchie had 8 turnovers aginst an impressive bledsoe co. Im feeling whitwell plays sequatchie closer than everybody thinks but the indians are just too much for the tigers. Seq-38 Whitwell-21

Were these turnovers fumbles??? interceptions???

Luckily, (for the most part) Whitwell has done pretty well with keeping the ball and minimum penalties this year. There's been a game or two were we slipped up and turned it over too much... Lookout Valley game is one of them.... but all in all it is so much better than last season. Last year it was fumble all night long... this year they have really suprised me in many different aspects of the game. They are playing strong.

5 lost fumbles and 1 late interception. The running game was going so well there was no need to pass but when they did they got 2 touchdowns out of it.

I was asked today if the game was being moved to Thursday possibly, it was the first I've heard of that.

**** I copied this from the Single a thread *****

How healthy is Dunlap right now???

Whitwell is all go 100% right now. We had one of our Senior offensive linemen out for several previous games... Hurt his knee real bad againt Taft. He was back on the field some against SP so he should be even better this week. BIG boy. Last name Terry. He is probably somewhere around 6' 5" and probably upwards of 260 or something.... dont know exactly but he was one of our big uns.... so now he is going to be back in action. Hopefully put a little umph in our offense.

John was probably 260 when he was 13. Sequatchie is coming off a tough loss. Whitwell I think pretty much knew what they were up against last week. I think Whitwell can pull this one out.

John was probably 260 when he was 13.

:roflol: Yeah that's probably about right. All I know is that he is one big kid.

Yeah, if they execute the way the should and Defense plays ball like they have for most of the season I think Whitwell can pull this one out..... I think it is going to be close either way. Should be fun!!! :thumb:

Whitwell is improved but i still think Seq runs away with this one.

This is what Whitwell has been getting before every single game we've played. Right now Tigers are 4-2... and one of those losses were to South Pitt... I still think there are alot of people that are expecting whitwell to be a pushover. Oh well, Tigers are going for some more wins. Hopefully we're going to see one tomorrow night :popcorneater:

27-0 Final, Sequatchie. 6-0 at the half, the big play for Sequatchie was a 45 yard TD run by soph Shane Yother. Third quarter the teams exchange punts, then Sequatchie punts again but not before a 35 yard run by junior Justus Stewart gets the ball to midfield. The punt is downed at the 1. Whitwell gets to the 4 and punts, Sequatchie goes 30 yards in 6 plays and scores on a quarterback sneak by senior Brennan Wilson.

Start of the fourth quarter and Whitwell returns the kickoff to the Sequatchie 45. They're stopped on fourth down at around the 37, Whitwell fumbled the ball away but I believe he would have been stopped anyway as there was good penetration by the defense. Sequatchie goes 60 yards in 8 runs and scores on a 2 yard run by Stewart, conversion run good, 20-0 with six minutes left. Whitwell has to punt after a sack loses big yardage and Sequatchie gets good production from their backup runners, again going 60 yards in 8 runs with all but one run gaining 6+. Sophomore Eli Stout scored from 12 yards out with about 10 seconds left., kick was good.

Good performance especially in the second half as the Indians gained 185 yards, held Whitwell to 25 yards and 1 first down in the second half. Field conditions were miserable but the players looked as if they were having lots of fun.