Macon Co. vs. Dekalb Co.

Maconrulz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon Co. has little positive consitancy in the program, therefore their very average talent doesn't have a chance to develop into competitive players. On top of the fundamental problems, they are young and have a tough slate to play. Right now, to beat anyone on the schedule they would have to play over their head. If given the chance, Goolsby and Co. have a shot at developing the stability needed to become more able.

What is wrong with the tigers.

HERE IT IS! keep in mind we are talking about a program the last 2 years, that was demolished. New coach,new system now. no way anybody could just walk in macon and turn it around in 1 year. IT WAS THAT BAD. macon has alot of players playing with little or no EXP. aND from what i've seen they have got better each game. The players and coaches are trying but look at the establihed programs they are playing verses our program the past 4 to 5 years. Macon players are young and doing the best they can. Look at the big picture macon returns alot of starters next year with a year of hard learned lessons and valuable playing EXP. pLAYERS seem to respect and play hard for these coaches,so they must be fair and honest. give it time,let the players mature a little. Keep in mind next year the tigers should match up better size and exp. with more teams. you can say this or that or coach should do this or that yada, yada, yada. I feel like these players for macon will rise to the occasion. Give the players and coaches a little more time. So far i have not seen a player quit playing or a coach quit coaching. Something good will come out of this. This is how determination and respect are built. I want to see how hungry these players are the rest of the year and the start of next year. YOU know they want the monkey off their back. It's easy to get frustrated or blame this and that. Bottom line BELIVE, encourage the players when you get a chance and want a good program. The hard part is getting the tigers at where they need to be. anything or anybody can "BASH"! LET'S GO! FULL THRODLE AHEAD.

HERE IT IS! keep in mind we are talking about a program the last 2 years, that was demolished. New coach,new system now. no way anybody could just walk in macon and turn it around in 1 year. IT WAS THAT BAD. macon has alot of players playing with little or no EXP. aND from what i've seen they have got better each game. The players and coaches are trying but look at the establihed programs they are playing verses our program the past 4 to 5 years. Macon players are young and doing the best they can. Look at the big picture macon returns alot of starters next year with a year of hard learned lessons and valuable playing EXP. pLAYERS seem to respect and play hard for these coaches,so they must be fair and honest. give it time,let the players mature a little. Keep in mind next year the tigers should match up better size and exp. with more teams. you can say this or that or coach should do this or that yada, yada, yada. I feel like these players for macon will rise to the occasion. Give the players and coaches a little more time. So far i have not seen a player quit playing or a coach quit coaching. Something good will come out of this. This is how determination and respect are built. I want to see how hungry these players are the rest of the year and the start of next year. YOU know they want the monkey off their back. It's easy to get frustrated or blame this and that. Bottom line BELIVE, encourage the players when you get a chance and want a good program. The hard part is getting the tigers at where they need to be. anything or anybody can "BASH"! LET'S GO! FULL THRODLE AHEAD.

Great post.

:twisted:

coaching coaching coaching should have beat sycamore,smith,greenbrier,dekalb and westmoreland that is the team we could have won if we had coaching.

I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't follow Macon football that closely. If he did he would of known we haven't played Westmoreland yet, that game is still 3 weeks away. If I had to guess he is perhaps from another town wanting to stir the pot.

Only one comment.....why throw the ball when you're on the one yard line and you've got the horses to run?? Duh! Please someone from Macon Co. (play callers) who has more football knowledge than me, EXPLAIN THIS TO ME????

with all your knowledge you've shown on this thread and you want someone to explain. I bet if you were coaching macon would win right. BOY! i BET macon don't have many people like yourself, who's got a cure for all the tiger's problems. Gee! please tell me how you could take a rock bottom program the first year to the state or win several games with such a young football team. OH WAIT. i HEAR lane kiffin calling you now. GO NOW YOU COULD KILL 2 BIRDS WITH 1 STONE.

DeKalb Co. beats Macon Co. 45 - 20. Big night for several DC players, but stat of the night, DeKalb ran 73 offensive plays in the game. :huh:

Scoring

1st Qtr. DC 13 - MC 12

Halftime DC 26 - MC 20

3rd Qtr. DC 32 - MC 20

Final DC 45 - MC 20

Stats

Passing

Hunter Poteete, 22 - 33, 354 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT

Rushing(40 carries - 230 yards)

Tyler Weatherby, 24 - 173 yards, 1 TD

Hunter Poteete, 9 - 32 yards

Kevin Kijanski, 4 - 15 yards

Sebastian Phillips, 2 - (-1) yards

Shane Salley, 1 - 11 yards

Receiving

Abram Edwards, 4 - 109 yards, 1 TD

Sonni Young, 5 - 87 yards, 1 TD

Travon Johnson, 2 - 45 yards,

Justin Bragg, 2 - 37 yards

Tyler Weatherby, 3 - 31 yards, 2 TD

Kevin Kijanski, 2 - 20 yards

Zach Taylor, 2 - 16 yards, 1 TD

Matthew Giles, 2 - 9 yards

Defense

Gage Brown 1 Interception returned 20 yards for TD

Matthew Giles 1 Interception

Dane Holeton 1 Interception

Kicking

Zach Taylor, 3/4 PAT

Shane Salley, 2 punts 101 yards, (1 of those punts was 61 yards)

Easy now...let's leave the Big Orange for govolsextra message board. My point is not to pick on coaches or players. I just can't figure out what happens between Jr. High and High School. The Jr. High win record is much better than the high school an the same kids have been playing football together since the PeeWee Days. Just an observation.........

The difference between junior high and high school is that many players are almost finished growing, not developing physically, but almost finished growing by the time they enter high school. If you are already finished growing, you have to work very hard to stay ahead of the game (ahead of the other players who aren't as physically developed but who are still growing and narrowing that gap in terms of strength and speed). I'd be curious to know over the years how many of the MCJHS skill players are already very physically developed by the eighth grade. Then, maybe they move to a blocking fullback, tight end or offensive guard in high school. MCJHS places a big importance on winning it seems like, and winning is important. However, in doing that, is MCJHS somewhat compromising the development of its players by playing them out of position? Some of you long-time MC followers, fill me in with answers to those questions.

Also, when you don't have much success, you don't believe that trend it's going to change. You may talk about changing the trend. You may hear the coaches talk about it. You may know as a player that your particular class is talented and has potential to do well, but it takes very mentally tough players and coaches (to instill that toughness in those players) to actually believe that and be determined that it's going to happen in the future. It's tough to keep your eyes on the prize. That's not an excuse. It's simply reality. If you're a talented freshman, you look at your upperclassmen leaders. Those upperclassmen may be talented and they may even lead the team in a relatively effective fashion, but they're still losers if they go 0-10 or 1-9. So, if you're an underclassmen watching losers, how do you know how to lead when your turn comes? Where does that education come from?

Giving up 500 yards of total offense to DeKalb County does not look like progress. DeKalb County does have a very good offensive football team, but it's tough to give up 500 yards playing 12-minutes quarters. Also, running the football only 13 times in an entire game, well, I fail to understand the logic there. I didn't expect Macon County to beat DeKalb County, but in some of those close Tiger losses, you have to stop looking for the bright spots in a winless season and find a way - whatever it takes - to get a win. Hopefully, that will happen for Macon County later in the year. They need to know what a win feels like before they get to next year.

Best of luck to the Tigers.

the reason teams pile up the numbers on macon's d. is because the D stays on the field. macon's O. goes 3 and out alot or they score fast and the defence goes back. Macon avg. time during the whole game on offence is about 12 to 13 min. the D.is on the field the rest. ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY throw, throw, throw and throw some more. IT is as much or more of a problem than D. Why i dont know,but i do think things will get better.