Nashville instructors

redfan

Posted by megdog:

Personally, I think that Gary Davis is a great pitching instructor. His teaching style is great,and he gives quality time to every girl in the class. I have been with him for about 6 or 7 years and haven't regretted one minute of it.

Megdog- I think you are right. He is one of the great guys in the business. I had a daughter go to him before. I've got another I would like for him to work with, he's really a super person. If you've been with him that long, you must be pretty good. Good Luck with your career!! :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ncjenks

I never meant to imply that only the instructors and girls from Club K are good ball players. I do know there are some other good instructors around. My daughter went to one named Gary years ago and learned a lot! I just think it's one of the best facilities in the area and most of the girls are very dedicated and coachable kids. I just wanted to put in a good note for Club K and their very dedicated instructors. Good luck to all the players because it is a lot of work and determination to get where most of them are by the time they reach high school. :):)

To NCJENKS: There is no doubt about your implication. Statements such as (the message header) "Club K is the answer" and "Those who have been around girls fast pitch for a few years will see the difference in Club-K girls vs those who go elsewhere" are very clear in their meaning. It is your opinion that those who attend Club-K are overall superior to those who don't. There is a strong difference in putting in a plug for Club-K as opposed to your

statement.

I happen to disagree with your initial statements. And, it's to those young ladies you have insulted in your statement that you need to apoligize - those who have received honors, named all-district, all-state, etc. who train under non-Club K instructors. As a parent I can understand where bias comes from (I think our daughter's instructor is the best - the best for her.)

There are many instructors in Tennessee (and in Nashville - the original question). Their teaching styles vary. Their products vary. Much of this is based on their (the instructor's) training and the girl's connection, response, degree of commitment, talent, etc. to the instructor. I offer these observations and, while doing so, encourage each young lady and her parents to consciously evaluate potential instructors/camps on different levels. Some instructors generate a cookie-cutter product, teaching the same "style" to each student. Some instructors, through

their reputations, can offer instruction coupled with great connections for college scholarships. As well, some instructors are able to take individual students and build upon their own personal ability, style of delivery and

execution.

All in all, if your daughter loves softball, has talent, and a good work ethic, then take the time to investigate options. Learn what's available in your area (and where you're willing to drive to). Visit lessons in session

to evaluate the style of instruction, the temperament of the instructor(s), and to discuss potential individual goals to be attained over several years of instruction.

I think what he is trying to say is,if you go out and watch a team,and half of them have gone to club k and the other half have never had a day of instrucion from a school of that magnitude,ever,you will notice the difference.i think club k is the BEST of the best,but thats b/c i go there,im sure if i went somewhere else,id think that was the best,but club k to me is the best,for me,and neone else who goes there. :(

I don't think any of us can say what he was thinking, but this is a quote: "Thoes who have been around girls fastpitch for a few years will see the difference in club-K girls (vs) thoes who go else where. Pitchers and catchers are club-K specialitys and you can sure see the big difference in travel ball during the summer."

Not much to argue about here what he is saying. It's ok to be proud of where you come from, but not to put OTHERS DOWN that don't do what is the NORM in your eyes. Club K does produce good talent, but the talent & desire is from within. If that talent is coachable, then you have someone that can go to another level.

It's very important to search out a coach, whether your team's coach or somenone you pay to develop this talent & teach them skills & values on & off the field.

What I really think you can see on the field is a player that has been coached & those that haven't been coached. I've heard people say that they can tell someone coached a certain player, but in reality that player could be coached by anyone, just eager to learn & play the game like it's suppose to be played. Not putting Club K down, they are great at what they do, just there are alternatives available.

Guest ncjenks

First of all, you can read what you want into any statement. It's a shame when others try to imply misinformation or misconstrue someone's opinion. I never implied that other players or instructors are good or bad; I only gave my opinion on club K. I could list other instructors, such as hitting, who I feel are very good but to have to be ridiculed for my opinion, is not worth it. I also have never had pitchers or catchers from other facilities. In the future I will refrain from any opinions or statements here, out of respect for all the girls who work hard at the game of fastpitch. Enough said.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that some girls get more out of going to Club K than others.. I know some people that think "If I go to Club K then I will get noticed more and i will be betterof a player." and I think that is completely..... wrong. I just feel that some girls do benefit out of going and some do not. I do not go to Club K for the simple fact that soooo many people go there just because they think they have to go there to get somewhere.i am in no way dissing on Club K but i do wish more girls would understand that everyone that goes there is not going to get the best scholarship or is going to be the best player. I know plenty of girls that are good that go to Club K .. but i also know plenty of girls that are good that do not go.I also think that sometimes (i dont know if it is taught there or what) they have somewhat of an "im better than you" kind of attitude.. not all of them ..bc i know some that are not like that and i respect them for it. I just want people to know that you dont have to go to Club K to feel like you are the best.. the only way you are the best is if you do it yourself. I hope this doesnt push anyones buttons... b/c just like everyone else this is "MY" opinion.

Here are the TN pitching instructors from the registry.

You can also find hitting, fielding and catching instructors there also.

Fast Pitch Instructors National Registry

http://www.eteamz.com/instructorsregistry/

TENNESSEE

Memphis, TN. Ph. Rose Kalisak coachk@coachksfastpitch.com Coach K's Fastpitch Softball 4800 Hwy 78 Memphis, TN 38118 Ph. (901) 367-2058 Fax (901) 367-2058 We teach all aspects of softball, beginner to advanced. http://www.coachksfastpitch.com/

---------------------------------------------

Memphis, TN. Pitching instructions. Private, semi-private and groups. Jim Butler

Pomen31@aol.com (901) 794-8183. Day cell number (901) 864-1260.

Chattanooga, TN. Chris Sutcliffe sut24@hotmail.com Pitching instructor

Rockwood-Knoxville, TN. Darrell Williams The Diamond Softball Academy 438 Black Hollow Road Rockwood, TN. 37854 tdbw@bellsouth.net 865-354-7633 Pitching and hitting instructor.

Clarksville, TN. Sheri Elarco hawaiian_gummibear@hotmail.com (931)920-2314 degree in Kinesiolgy with the emphasis of Teaching and Coaching. I have taught all aspects of fast pitch for several years. Sheri Elarco 1241 D Verkler Dr Clarksville TN 37042

Chattanooga, TN. Beth Keylon-Randolph. The K-Zone, Inc. (423) 280-1794 www.thek-zone.com Pitching, hitting, fielding, catching instructor

Goodlettsville/Nashville TN, Diane Dyce, dyce24@comcast.net 615 793-9937 Home Pitching, hitting and catching. Instructors Names;Diane Dyce, Pam Seymore and 'Future Pro's' in Goodlettsville.

--------------------------------------------

Knoxville, TN. Leslie Duncan ljduncan1@webtv.net 1-865-281-5591 I give pitching lessons at our school, THE YARD.

NASHVILLE, TN. THE STRIKE ZONE, (hitting and pitching facility and instruction) 788 W. Main Street, Hendersonville, TN 37075

BARRNONE1@aol.com 615/822-6668.

Chattanooga/Dunlap, TN Linda L Bouvet

Rt. 1, Box 288D, Dunlap, TN, 37327 LBOUVET@bledsoe.net 13 years coaching all aspects

Dyersburg Tn. Doug French 'Fielder's Choice' All aspects.(901)287-0685

• 3 weeks later...

most club k batters are rubber stamps. watch them close and you will find them easy to pitch to. i played in the late 50s and i also instruct and teach catching, i like to see them come to the plate. you got to know what to look for in their stance and where their hands are. they all look about the same. every person is different, work with that and you will take them futher quicker, not every one has the money to go some where for 6 years. iam 58 years old and have been around this game since 1958,also played this sport for a few years. iam talking from experence. not just blowing steam

[Edited by catchman on 11-24-02 7:51A]