Brentwood Academy vs Baylor

BGAballer

Just looking at the respective schedules, I would give BA the advantage.

Baylor's 5 wins:

FRA DII Class A

Tyner Academy DI Class AA

BGA (Only common team)

Baylor 34 BGA 14

BA 48 BGA 14

Greater Atlanta Christian (WHO?) Team record 0 and 5

McCallie Only win worth bragging about

BA defeats: FRHS BA beat themselves

Olive Branch MS Rated 3rd in the state of Mississippi

Ensworth Lost by 6 pts to best team in Tennessee

BA total offense: 385 yds/gm

Baylor total offense: 342 yds/gm

BA 6 FG's longest 51 yds - Baylor 2 FG's longest 37

Home game for BA. I-24 snooze bus for Baylor.

Not sure why everyone is picking Baylor in this game.

Good luck to both teams.

Must be emotional picks by Baylor fans.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the formation of Division II, only one school has failed to score at least one victory against all other members of the original "Super 7". That team is Baylor, and the thorn in the side is Brentwood Academy. If I were a betting man, I'd ride the BA horse until he fails me.

Baylor broke a long losing streak to McCallie last week.....so just maybe it is the year to break the streak against BA. I did not know about that one. However, BA is always very good and playing them at BA will just add to it how hard it will be. So it would be an upset no doubt...but don't count this Baylor team out yet. The Red Raiders have some very good athletes and are playing with confidence. So I will go with the upset special........

Baylor 28

BA 24

Hope they both lose....................

lol...............A "Blue" Tornado Fan!

You may be kidding but I don't think so from past posts. As a McCallie fan it is understandable to cheer against you biggest rival....Baylor in this case. And most likely you said it about BA since Coach Potter left McCallie for BA. But coming on a thread about those two schools and saying it is not classy. I have not seen any Baylor fans coming on the McCallie vs BGA thread and commenting on McCallie. And this comes from a GPS mom.

BA controls game but their defense is a little suspect

Are you kidding me?

They hold the best team in Tennessee who has the best back in Tennessee to 15 pts last week.

You call that suspect?

I will agree with you on BA's defense not being suspect. If you hold a potent Ensworth team to 15 points your defense is doing alot of things right. As for Ensworth being the top team in Tennessee....they may be. MUS is there as well.....I think everyone has MUS and Ensworth as the top two teams in the state regardless of the order.

Hoping once again that the rain holds off. I am leaving in a couple of hours to make the trip from Chattanooga to cheer on my Red Raiders. I know that BA is favored and has a great team as always. But Baylor is a very talented team as well. Naturally I will go with my heart on this one.........

Baylor 28

BA 26

Hope they both lose....................

lol...............A "Blue" Tornado Fan!

You may be kidding but I don't think so from past posts. As a McCallie fan it is understandable to cheer against you biggest rival....Baylor in this case. And most likely you said it about BA since Coach Potter left McCallie for BA. But coming on a thread about those two schools and saying it is not classy. I have not seen any Baylor fans coming on the McCallie vs BGA thread and commenting on McCallie. And this comes from a GPS mom.

Geez.....lighten up bruisermom.....I was kidding (sorta) as they obviously can't both lose. There are no rules about where I can and cannot post btw, and you are right about why I don't care for either team. But just having some fun............it's CoachT for Pete's sake.

Wow, if the NFP is correct, Baylor only had one first down and 28 total yaers of offense. Is that right? Is BA's D line that good?

I guess you saw the correct stas. Baylor had 14 first downs and about 275 yards. We had another Huesman running td called back by a penalty. Those really hurt. But BA has a very good team and deserved the win. Congratulations to Brentwood Academy.