Blue Ridge Atheletic Conference

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both South Greene teams will be playing in the Thanksgiving Tourney Championship tomorrow night. SG Ladies defeated Morristown East by 20ish (though they had me worried during the 1st half) and SG men defeated North Greene in a game that was pretty close until the end. They won by like 8 or 10. I know the lady Rebels will play Chuckey Doak, but I'm not sure about the guys. Should be good though.

I noticed on another thread where some people were upset about the Bolus ratings, so I had to check it out myself. Rechelle Dye was rated well, and I also noticed that Ansley Ricker was rated well also. While these rating may be "bogus" as they say, I do feel that Ansley isn't given near the credit that she deserves. She is excellent at handling the ball and steals. But I love her the most because you can always count on her in a crisis. If the game is on the line with seconds left to go, she'll know how to deal. I have seen her time and time again, hit the shot to win the game. I'm a huge fan of Rechelle, but I hate to see above average (AWESOME) players get overlooked. Ansley is by the way, the neice of Larry Neil Ricker.....you might have heard of him.

I think South Greene will have the edge over Greeneville with Nicole leaving. Too hard to replace. Looks like Grainger and Chuckey Doak may be battling for that third position. With West Greene, Claiborne, and the Gap bringing up the rear.

This is just my opinion. Which to some, won't matter much and probably shouldn't.

My South Greene Lady Rebels just took their first loss of the year to Cocke County in double overtime. I couldn't make it to the game and it was half-time before I finally found someone broadcasting the game. The Lady Rebels were down by 15 going into the 3rd quarter, but after a hard run, the game was on. I am not very familiar with Cocke County's team, but they lost two players early in the fourth quarter to fouls. The first overtime was hard and fast and back and forth ending it tied once again. Rechelle Dye received her 5th foul at the end of that overtime for charging. CCHS led by three with seconds left in the second overtime. Our Brandi Crum shot the last second three pointer at the buzzer. She missed, but was fouled on the shot. I would hate to be under the pressure that Brandi was under. She hit her first two shots, but missed the last one which would have sent the game into a triple overtime. Ansley Ricker led SG with 19 points and Brandi had 15. I'm very proud of the girls for the run the made and can't wait for the rematch.

My South Greene Lady Rebels just took their first loss of the year to Cocke County in double overtime. I couldn't make it to the game and it was half-time before I finally found someone broadcasting the game. The Lady Rebels were down by 15 going into the 3rd quarter, but after a hard run, the game was on. I am not very familiar with Cocke County's team, but they lost two players early in the fourth quarter to fouls. The first overtime was hard and fast and back and forth ending it tied once again. Rechelle Dye received her 5th foul at the end of that overtime for charging. CCHS led by three with seconds left in the second overtime. Our Brandi Crum shot the last second three pointer at the buzzer. She missed, but was fouled on the shot. I would hate to be under the pressure that Brandi was under. She hit her first two shots, but missed the last one which would have sent the game into a triple overtime. Ansley Ricker led SG with 19 points and Brandi had 15. I'm very proud of the girls for the run the made and can't wait for the rematch.

Haywood,

Did the Lady Rebels play GP in a HOF game? I know the boys did....if the girls played, do you or anyone else know the score?

Cocke Co. should be good this year. Should give Mo. West and Sevier Co. some competition in the new IMAC. Greeneville ladies got out at the right time. Don't be ashamed by this loss.

Claiborne County defeated West Greene 50 - 46 Friday, while Chuckey-Doak lost to Greeneville 35 - 45. South Greene beat West Greene 71 - 41 after overcoming a lousy 1st quarter. The South Greene Lady Rebels go up against the undefeated Morristown West tonight and tomorrow night's games have Chuckey-Doak against Cumberland Gap, Greeneville against Claiborne, and West Greene taking on Gatlinburg Pittman. Any thoughts on any of these games?

I was a little shocked at how close the Chuckey-Doak/Greeneville game was. I haven't seen the Greene Devils play as of yet, I am still going by word of mouth and the Greeneville Sun, but I expected this game to have a much wider margin. The South Greene/West Greene game was close if not tied through the first quarter before the Lady Rebels began taking over. They were a different team (as has been the story) in the second quarter.

I am beginning to get very frustrated with the refs this year. Every ball game I have seen thus far has been called so close the teams can't breath without a foul being called. I would much rather see the girls play it out themselves, within reason of course. Any one have any takes on this?