Dragons vs. Mustangs

cleansheet1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....here we ALL go again! Let's spice up the Friday!

We were merely responding to a post to get clarification. The questions were not directed at you nor do the comments have anything to do with club soccer! We are trying to stay away from that subject as the "G man" will get involved. :twisted:

Do you have a comment on the thread at hand or just a question for the dog and me?

Well, every dog has his day... even those who like to go swim. :shock: (yes, thank the Lord that it is Friday!)

Sadly enough, a little spice on the boards is kind of welcome these days (gasp!). Let's just not let it get out of hand, or I'll have to "let the dogs out"!

:twisted: (Decided to grow a little facial hair on the uber-geek)

Ponyclub's question? Sorry you lost me there...

You're right. Germantown's strength is its defense. If they score, it will not be a lot. But they did manage to outscore Collierville. :thumb:

Houston scored a lot of goals vs. Collierville, but allowed almost as many. I'm just saying, it should be interesting to see a strong defensive team play a strong offensive team. Good luck to both.

Ponyclub's question? Sorry you lost me there...

You're right. Germantown's strength is its defense. If they score, it will not be a lot. But they did manage to outscore Collierville. :thumb:

As we all know...a final score is not necessarily reflective of the actual play by each team. I would definitely bet that Collierville had more possession and more shots on goal than Germantown did...funny sport...the right set pieces make all the difference!

If all stats were posted for high school soccer like in a college box score, we could all have better insight to how a game was played as the score certainly does not tell the story. I agree that Germantown has one of the best defenses in the city...but to Canes point....playing 8 girls defensively does not allow for a lot of wins...

Question is...should a team play for the win or play to not lose? I vote for playing for the win! :thumb:

Smom-

As always with you, you speak before the final whistle blows.

Excuse me? When did I speak before the final whistle blows?

If you follow the thread (and note dates and times), early in the week...predictions were given....then I provided a half time update and then a final score update for this game...you may want to read the thread more carefully before throwing any insults.

And mstreep....the reference to the ponyclub question is due to the above....still not sure where I spoke before the whistle was blown...which started much of the string and Friday spice!

Ponyclub's question? Sorry you lost me there...It had to do with the question you answered"here they go again"

You're right. Germantown's strength is its defense. If they score, it will not be a lot. But they did manage to outscore Collierville. :huh:Trying to mess with Canes on CHS is not a good idea!!

Houston scored a lot of goals vs. Collierville, but allowed almost as many. I'm just saying, it should be interesting to see a strong defensive team play a strong offensive team. Good luck to both.

I think, just a thought now, Houston is a stronger offensive team than Germantown is a defender, maybe not 4 goals better, but two or more.

Sooooooo......

Let's predict again:

Houston 3

Germantown .5

Houston did not score 4 on St. Agnes and St. Agnes did not score 4 on Houston, but both could and sort of did, more so for Houston.

Not sure why we do this, but it's raining and not much happening on T any more. I might need to find someone to bait on the b'ball thread. :huh:

As we all know...a final score is not necessarily reflective of the actual play by each team. I would definitely bet that Collierville had more possession and more shots on goal than Germantown did...funny sport...the right set pieces make all the difference!

If all stats were posted for high school soccer like in a college box score, we could all have better insight to how a game was played as the score certainly does not tell the story. I agree that Germantown has one of the best defenses in the city...but to Canes point....playing 8 girls defensively does not allow for a lot of wins...

Question is...should a team play for the win or play to not lose? I vote for playing for the win! :huh:

Wait...Collierville does keep and post stats!

Collierville shots - 19

Collierville shots on goal - 11 (G'town keeper did an amazing job) :huh:

Collierville Saves - 1 (guess G'town had 3 total shots on goal for the game)