dyersburg @ milan

bulldoggfan

It may have not have been a specific play, however I heard from someone that knows what their talking about, that Dyersburg was constantly chop blocking all night, predominately the center. Chop blocking is dirty play no matter what anyone says about it. I understand the players don't think about it while their out there, but they should really think about it after they very well could've ruined the future of an awesome football player!!!!!!

The chop block is not at all a dirty play, its just a part of football. If an offensive lineman retreats, then throws a chop block it is a completely different story and a flag should be thrown. The injury is unfortunate but injuries happen in football. Dyersburgs center is the smallest lineman on the team, he is also quick as a cat so the Milan d-line should have known the cut block was coming.

It was most definitely a "cheap shot" and totally unnecessary. If you were at the game, you were clearly watching the football, along with the officials, and not what was happening on the line. If you watched the game on tv, then you only caught the edge of the play involving Christian, however, you should have seen the 3 players sent to tackle him. Christian, playing on the D-line, had his O-line defender "wrapped-up" and O-line was on the retreat. In the next instant, 2 other O-Line players dove at his feet/ankles and knees. According to your post, that would be considered a dirty play--and that is exactly what happened. And I don't care how big, or little, you are...there is no excuse for playing dirty and no team should ever have to "expect the cut block in coming." It is tacky and shows lack of class.

We are blessed Christian only broke his ankle because it could have been much worse--and that WAS the intention. The officials were negligent, as well as the Dyersburg coaches, for allowing this type of play to continue. They should be ashamed of themselves and I hope they have trouble sleeping at night. It's a shame when a child (and YES, he is a child--16 years old) is targeted because he has talent.

Christian will be back and "yes" he does know the Dyersburg kids involved. Let's hope they were seniors, so they won't meet him again in 2010

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have not have been a specific play, however I heard from someone that knows what their talking about, that Dyersburg was constantly chop blocking all night, predominately the center. Chop blocking is dirty play no matter what anyone says about it. I understand the players don't think about it while their out there, but they should really think about it after they very well could've ruined the future of an awesome football player!!!!!!

The chop block is not at all a dirty play, its just a part of football. If an offensive lineman retreats, then throws a chop block it is a completely different story and a flag should be thrown. The injury is unfortunate but injuries happen in football. Dyersburgs center is the smallest lineman on the team, he is also quick as a cat so the Milan d-line should have known the cut block was coming.

It was most definitely a "cheap shot" and totally unnecessary. If you were at the game, you were clearly watching the football, along with the officials, and not what was happening on the line. If you watched the game on tv, then you only caught the edge of the play involving Christian, however, you should have seen the 3 players sent to tackle him. Christian, playing on the D-line, had his O-line defender "wrapped-up" and O-line was on the retreat. In the next instant, 2 other O-Line players dove at his feet/ankles and knees. According to your post, that would be considered a dirty play--and that is exactly what happened. And I don't care how big, or little, you are...there is no excuse for playing dirty and no team should ever have to "expect the cut block in coming." It is tacky and shows lack of class.

We are blessed Christian only broke his ankle because it could have been much worse--and that WAS the intention. The officials were negligent, as well as the Dyersburg coaches, for allowing this type of play to continue. They should be ashamed of themselves and I hope they have trouble sleeping at night. It's a shame when a child (and YES, he is a child--16 years old) is targeted because he has talent.

Christian will be back and "yes" he does know the Dyersburg kids involved. Let's hope they were seniors, so they won't meet him again in 2010

What I was talking about would be a lineman retreating or showing a "high hat" as my defensive coach used to call it. Meaning he was pass blocking. I believe the rule is that you can not retreat then cut down a player. That is NOT what the Dyersburg lineman did. Accusing the Dyersburg lineman of purposely trying to hurt a player is flat out dumb. I actually have the game recorded on my tv and I have ran over it a few times. I dont believe Coleman was in on a single tackle, but i did see him get pancacked once. I saw him get some what of a pass rush on one play but it was nothing that ultimately affected the play. So why would the lineman team together on a play an "go after" Coleman. It just does not make sense.

evidently they're teaching thus blocking technique as my g-son was blocked every play this way for the 1st half of a freshman game...caught up with him at half and told what to do..one and done DHS player didnt do it again..matter of fact had to take several series off !

I have seen other teams coach this style and teams its very unsportsman like to know they do/

so does this mean that christian will do something intentional to hurt another player?

evidently they're teaching thus blocking technique as my g-son was blocked every play this way for the 1st half of a freshman game...caught up with him at half and told what to do..one and done DHS player didnt do it again..matter of fact had to take several series off !

I have seen other teams coach this style and teams its very unsportsman like to know they do/

it seems that you instructed your grandson to go out and do something intentional to hurt another player.

Christian Coleman does not have to resort to tacky and/or dirty plays to take care of business--if you watched any football film you would know that! He is a class act. He, nor any Milan player, has to have "designed" plays to intentionally hurt others, just to win a ballgame. That is pathetic!

So how many posters on here went to the dyersburg players and were actually told that they "intended" to hurt Christian Coleman? None of you, remember that the kids on the dyersburg side who were involved in the play in which he was injured are only 16-18 year olds too. Being from Brownsville, I got to watch Coach Stowe teams play for a number of years. Not once did I ever see anyone playing like a "thug", nor do I feel like he would instruct kids to injure another player. I haven't seen the tape so I can't make any assumptions outside of this, but let's just be thankful that this injury wasn't career ending and Coleman has a bright future ahead.

You Dyersburg fans might be used to dirty cheap-shot football, but Milan and the old 13AA teams I.E> Westview, JCS, Humboltd, Gibson County, Trenton....have more respect for the other teams in their dist. Now that we know how the trojans play you can bet that coach Morris and the Dawgs will show no mercy next year. Get used to being dominated now that Milan is in your Dist. I've watched a couple of practices

this week, that one dirty play has the Milan team so fired up, that you are most likely gonna see Covington take one of the biggest beat downs ever. You Crockett County fans don't laugh, you're gonna get a taste of what it's like being in Milan's Dist. also. You'll get used to Playing for second place every year, it's not so bad, it's kinda like your son taking the ugly girl to the prom, you had hoped for more,

but look on the bright side, at least she's a girl.

You Dyersburg fans might be used to dirty cheap-shot football, but Milan and the old 13AA teams I.E> Westview, JCS, Humboltd, Gibson County, Trenton....have more respect for the other teams in their dist. Now that we know how the trojans play you can bet that coach Morris and the Dawgs will show no mercy next year. Get used to being dominated now that Milan is in your Dist. I've watched a couple of practices

this week, that one dirty play has the Milan team so fired up, that you are most likely gonna see Covington take one of the biggest beat downs ever. You Crockett County fans don't laugh, you're gonna get a taste of what it's like being in Milan's Dist. also. You'll get used to Playing for second place every year, it's not so bad, it's kinda like your son taking the ugly girl to the prom, you had hoped for more,

So Dyersburg plays cheap shot dirty football?? I think coach Morris has alot of respect for the trojans seeing that they scrimmage every year in the preseason and not to mention the have at least two 7 on 7 scrimmages every summer. In all of these meetings there has never been one incident of players being involved in a cheap shot or late hit or even mouthing off at each other.

if it was a cheap shot then so be it. the coach has watched the film and has taken appropriate actions i'm sure. if it wasn't a cheap shot then so be it. let's get past it and play some football. there is a milan vs. covington thread started already, and please let's don't bring crockett county into this mix til after the covington game.