dyersburg @ milan

bulldoggfan

All I know is when Bowling came to Dyersburg the kids and the parents acted like idiots..Stowe is in town and "SAME SONG, DIFFERENT VERSE"..and what gets me is "HOW MANY OF THESE PARENTS WHO ARE CONFRONTING THE COACHES ACTUALLY PLAYED ANY TYPE OF SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL"?..

With all due respect, you sound like it is a sin to question a coach. High school football teams are not absolute dictatorships. If coaches screw up, they should be held accountable. So what are these parents complaining about? I've only heard complaints about one guy -- Butler. For example, recently there was some pushing and shoving on the sideline between players, and it was because of what Butler said to them immediately proceeding the incident.

Now, when my boy gets to high school and plays a sport, I'm not going to question coaches over his role or practice conditions -- I've been on enough teams where I worked my butt off only to sit on the bench -- but if someone like Butler treats my son the way he reportedly treats the Dyersburg football players, then we will definitely have some words.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is when Bowling came to Dyersburg the kids and the parents acted like idiots..Stowe is in town and "SAME SONG, DIFFERENT VERSE"..and what gets me is "HOW MANY OF THESE PARENTS WHO ARE CONFRONTING THE COACHES ACTUALLY PLAYED ANY TYPE OF SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL"?..

With all due respect, you sound like it is a sin to question a coach. High school football teams are not absolute dictatorships. If coaches screw up, they should be held accountable. So what are these parents complaining about? I've only heard complaints about one guy -- Butler. For example, recently there was some pushing and shoving on the sideline between players, and it was because of what Butler said to them immediately proceeding the incident.

Now, when my boy gets to high school and plays a sport, I'm not going to question coaches over his role or practice conditions -- I've been on enough teams where I worked my butt off only to sit on the bench -- but if someone like Butler treats my son the way he reportedly treats the Dyersburg football players, then we will definitely have some words.

Outside of the The Counces and Bert Snow don't we have the SAME COACHING STAFF as last year?..Bottom line it ALL STARTS AT THE TOP...Getting players to play, motivating them, discipline, IT ALL STARTS WITH THE HEAD COACH...That's where you lay the blame...When you have kids getting in coaches faces...Parents coming to the locker room..."PLAYERS GIVING COACHES ULTIMATUMS"..then "YOU HAVE THE TAIL WAGGING THE DOG"...Not saying ALL COACHES ARE RIGHT...but When Counce was here..Nobody questioned anything..We changed coaches twice and parents and players alike are about to mutiny..."That all goes back to the head man"...

Sounds like Dyersburg is having some growing pains. Trying to do the right things but forgetting the basics of the game - making men out of boys. Seems like a lot of coaches only worry about winning which works great when they are winning but creates division when things go wrong. A couple of weeks ago, Dyersburg was a good team. Nobody has really changed but the attitude has. Dyersburg needs to check their attitude at the door (including the coaches) and get to work. At this point its not about beating the Bulldogs, its about figuring out that the team is bigger than the rest of this junk they got going. Its was going to be close, but now...Dogs by 21 but they better button up and come ready for a fight. The dogs have got to get much better to get to their real goal in Cookeville.

first off non of you know what you're talkin about.. . okay maybe just a little. . . but i'll tell you whats happening to dyersburg cuz im there. . . you have a coach tb that comes in at halftime while the team is pumped and ready and tb says you guys are the worst darn excuse of a football team i have ever seen in my life. . . now thats not the first thing he's done. i don't care if you are coaching the patriots, who suck, you don't say that to a team and expect any respect from them anymore. we are the most hard working team in west tennessee by FAR. . if you dont believe that then come to one of our summer workouts and tell me we don't. what team comes in every day of summer at 6 in the morning and busts thier #### until 10? exactly NO ONE. what team practices at 8 every school day and then practices again at 3. NO ONE. how many teams come in at 8 in the morning on saturdays after a game and lifts and then watches film. NO ONE. so tell me with all the work us players do that we shouldnt get some more respect. now i can understand everyone saying this stuff if it was the first thing tb has done, but its atleast the 10th time.

NOW I KNOW NOT EVERYONE WILL AGREE ON THIS.....

but this is the perfect game for our family/trojans to play in. . were going through some middle school cheerleading drama right now. . . but if we pull together and beat this powerhouse milan team, then we will make a HUGE statement to all you haters out there. this game will be our season. we win then we WILL be the trojans everyone knows. we lose and i say our seasons overe. you are crazy if you dont think we will lay everything out on the line and leave it all on the field. all tb did was piss us off. trojans in a close one.

WG

With a bye week to get some extra prep time I like the Dawgs by 14 at least. Dyersburg is obviously going through some leadership problems whether it is the Coaches or Players. Hearing through the grapevine that Dyersburg had 4 - 5 players quit during halftime last week. I'm guessing it is nothing but a rumor but thought I would see if anyone heard it.

I don't know why any Trojan fans are surprised...You saw for years what you were getting by playing Haywood...

Sloppy, undisciplined play, penalty and turn-over prone....I was shocked when I saw that D-Burg hired Stowe...This guy did less with the unbelievable physical talent he had in Brownsville than anyone in recent memory....

As for the game...

Milan - 38

Dyersburg - 13

Hey stevierayvol, are you defending Butler? Do you know some of the things the players are saying about Butler? If half of what I've heard is true, I'll say "Good Riddance" to him. You don't treat kids the way he has and come out guiltless. There's a difference between instilling discipline and just plain being a jerk.

You've said multiple times that the inmates are running the asylum. Yes, sometimes parents get too involved, but ya know what? If it happens over and over again and the complaints are always about one guy then something must be up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, bro.

And, by the way, I know of at least one time that a parent confronted Coach Counce and Coach Counce gave in. Of course, it was because Coach Butler lied to him about the player in question.

I don't Coach Counce will ever return..but they need somebody "WHO WILL RUN THE PROGRAM WITH NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE PARENTS AND TAKES NO LIP OFF THE PLAYERS".. LOL..Tim Thompson isn't doing anything these days..since he got booted from the Ridgeway job for having ILLEGAL players in spring practice...Get him up here..He'll put some DISCIPLINE in the program. and we would be entertaining to watch..He won state titles at Melrose and had Fayette-Ware in the playoffs...Only thing they might call us the Dyer County of Football...Because he would have kids from Ripley to South Fulton playing for us... :thumb: ( THIS IS A JOKE ABOUT THOMPSON FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GET IT"..

First of all you are probably the worst high school football fan I have ever seen. You my friend are the great "In the Stands" Coach that everyone dreads hearing from. Secondly, I think you may have somewhat of a freaky obsession with the great "Coach Counce". You rag on Coach Stowe and his record, Im quite certain that Stowe Beat your beloved Counce on numerous occasions. Coach Counce is GONE and Coach Stowe is running the ship. Your exactly right when you say Coach Stowe is a fine man , in fact he is one the the greatest guys I know as a coach and as a person. He cares about his program, winning, the community, and most of all His Kids That He Coaches. It sounds like to me its the assistant coaches that are causing problems within the program, and I will have to say I saw that coming back in the spring when I myself visited during Spring Practice. The biggest thing people in Dyersburg need to do is rally behind Coach Stowe and their team, especially in a big game like this week . Yea so what you lost a couple of games, NO ONE goes undefeated EVERY YEAR!!! Its all about making the playoffs and running the table in High School Football. Quite talking smack and rally behind your team!!

He said, she said, the cats are sleeping with the dogs, coach is stupid, coach is a great guy, the next thing you will hear is that T.O.'s playing for the Trojans and isn't getting the ball enough. Call Vegas and bet everything you got including your kids on the BULLDOGS. They are in great shape MENTALLY and physically. ......week off, everyone back, Morris with two weeks planning...... Trojan fans you haven't hit rock bottom yet, but when that Dyersburg bus pulls up to Johnnie Hale, you'll be able to smell it.

He said, she said, the cats are sleeping with the dogs, coach is stupid, coach is a great guy, the next thing you will hear is that T.O.'s playing for the Trojans and isn't getting the ball enough. Call Vegas and bet everything you got including your kids on the BULLDOGS. They are in great shape MENTALLY and physically. ......week off, everyone back, Morris with two weeks planning...... Trojan fans you haven't hit rock bottom yet, but when that Dyersburg bus pulls up to Johnnie Hale, you'll be able to smell it.

Actually T.O. did play for Dyersburg. He quit before the Obion game. T.O. was his nickname. He was the starting middle linebacker.

Hey stevierayvol, are you defending Butler? Do you know some of the things the players are saying about Butler? If half of what I've heard is true, I'll say "Good Riddance" to him. You don't treat kids the way he has and come out guiltless. There's a difference between instilling discipline and just plain being a jerk.

You've said multiple times that the inmates are running the asylum. Yes, sometimes parents get too involved, but ya know what? If it happens over and over again and the complaints are always about one guy then something must be up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, bro.

And, by the way, I know of at least one time that a parent confronted Coach Counce and Coach Counce gave in. Of course, it was because Coach Butler lied to him about the player in question.

I don't Coach Counce will ever return..but they need somebody "WHO WILL RUN THE PROGRAM WITH NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE PARENTS AND TAKES NO LIP OFF THE PLAYERS".. LOL..Tim Thompson isn't doing anything these days..since he got booted from the Ridgeway job for having ILLEGAL players in spring practice...Get him up here..He'll put some DISCIPLINE in the program. and we would be entertaining to watch..He won state titles at Melrose and had Fayette-Ware in the playoffs...Only thing they might call us the Dyer County of Football...Because he would have kids from Ripley to South Fulton playing for us... :thumb: ( THIS IS A JOKE ABOUT THOMPSON FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GET IT"..

First of all you are probably the worst high school football fan I have ever seen. You my friend are the great "In the Stands" Coach that everyone dreads hearing from. Secondly, I think you may have somewhat of a freaky obsession with the great "Coach Counce". You rag on Coach Stowe and his record, Im quite certain that Stowe Beat your beloved Counce on numerous occasions. Coach Counce is GONE and Coach Stowe is running the ship. Your exactly right when you say Coach Stowe is a fine man , in fact he is one the the greatest guys I know as a coach and as a person. He cares about his program, winning, the community, and most of all His Kids That He Coaches. It sounds like to me its the assistant coaches that are causing problems within the program, and I will have to say I saw that coming back in the spring when I myself visited during Spring Practice. The biggest thing people in Dyersburg need to do is rally behind Coach Stowe and their team, especially in a big game like this week . Yea so what you lost a couple of games, NO ONE goes undefeated EVERY YEAR!!! Its all about making the playoffs and running the table in High School Football. Quite talking smack and rally behind your team!!

You are correct, I think Stowe did beat Counce a few times,Dyersburg is 9 and 5 against Haywood since 1996, but like someone said earlier in this thread Stowe should have beat everybody with the talent he had in Haywood. Nobody said that Stowe was not a good person. He is a fine man , but a good coach, I don't know. I do know Dyersburg has a lot of talent this year and they are 4 and 3 for the first time in a long time.

At the beginning of the season, everyone thought Milan's toughest game would come from D-burg. Or one of the toughest at least. Now it sounds like, with Dyersburg's inside issues, this again will be a blow out for Milan. I think all the players/fans/parents/teacher/coaches....EVERYONE from Dyersburg needs to wake up and realize what the bickering is doing to this team. NOTHING!!!! It's killing you guys! You all need to band together and be a TEAM! Which is not happening right now. It's kinda like what I tell everyone after an election...no matter what side you're on...at the end of the day you gotta suck up your pride...you may not like your coach...but you're stuck with him for this year! So go out there and make the best of it! I'm a Milan fan through and through...but I'm tired of Milan not having any competition to play!

So what I want is for Dyersburg to get their sh*t together and come to the dawg pound and play some good ol' WEST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh...is that too much for a girl to ask?????