dyersburg @ milan

bulldoggfan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the season, everyone thought Milan's toughest game would come from D-burg. Or one of the toughest at least. Now it sounds like, with Dyersburg's inside issues, this again will be a blow out for Milan. I think all the players/fans/parents/teacher/coaches....EVERYONE from Dyersburg needs to wake up and realize what the bickering is doing to this team. NOTHING!!!! It's killing you guys! You all need to band together and be a TEAM! Which is not happening right now. It's kinda like what I tell everyone after an election...no matter what side you're on...at the end of the day you gotta suck up your pride...you may not like your coach...but you're stuck with him for this year! So go out there and make the best of it! I'm a Milan fan through and through...but I'm tired of Milan not having any competition to play!

So what I want is for Dyersburg to get their sh*t together and come to the dawg pound and play some good ol' WEST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh...is that too much for a girl to ask?????

Same here !!

GO TROJANS !!

WE ARE BROTHERS !!!!!!!!!!

Dyersburg has a world of problems it sounds like, and it seems to stem with the coaches. I sure hate to see a team as good as the Trojans be driven into the dirt so far they can't climb out and that is exactly what is happenin.

If the coaches are degrading these boys like someone said then a coaching change must be made, because if a coach fails to beleive in his team then his team won't follow him into games. A hard minded, but caring coach is the best. I have played for the type of coach who belittles his players (In junior high), and I have also played for a coach who was harsh when it came to telling the truth but was always quick to encourage after that truth. Being a harsh but truthful critic as a coach will work magic for these young men, but it sounds like D-Burg has coaches that are just harsh critics.

Good luck to Dyersburg on the rest of the season, and hopefully they will have this whole mess figured out for next season.

Hey stevierayvol, are you defending Butler? Do you know some of the things the players are saying about Butler? If half of what I've heard is true, I'll say "Good Riddance" to him. You don't treat kids the way he has and come out guiltless. There's a difference between instilling discipline and just plain being a jerk.

You've said multiple times that the inmates are running the asylum. Yes, sometimes parents get too involved, but ya know what? If it happens over and over again and the complaints are always about one guy then something must be up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, bro.

And, by the way, I know of at least one time that a parent confronted Coach Counce and Coach Counce gave in. Of course, it was because Coach Butler lied to him about the player in question.

All I know is when Bowling came to Dyersburg the kids and the parents acted like idiots..Stowe is in town and "SAME SONG, DIFFERENT VERSE"..and what gets me is "HOW MANY OF THESE PARENTS WHO ARE CONFRONTING THE COACHES ACTUALLY PLAYED ANY TYPE OF SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL"?..

I don't Coach Counce will ever return..but they need somebody "WHO WILL RUN THE PROGRAM WITH NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE PARENTS AND TAKES NO LIP OFF THE PLAYERS".. LOL..Tim Thompson isn't doing anything these days..since he got booted from the Ridgeway job for having ILLEGAL players in spring practice...Get him up here..He'll put some DISCIPLINE in the program. and we would be entertaining to watch..He won state titles at Melrose and had Fayette-Ware in the playoffs...Only thing they might call us the Dyer County of Football...Because he would have kids from Ripley to South Fulton playing for us... :roflolk: ( THIS IS A JOKE ABOUT THOMPSON FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GET IT"..

First of all you are probably the worst high school football fan I have ever seen. You my friend are the great "In the Stands" Coach that everyone dreads hearing from. Secondly, I think you may have somewhat of a freaky obsession with the great "Coach Counce". You rag on Coach Stowe and his record, Im quite certain that Stowe Beat your beloved Counce on numerous occasions. Coach Counce is GONE and Coach Stowe is running the ship. Your exactly right when you say Coach Stowe is a fine man , in fact he is one the the greatest guys I know as a coach and as a person. He cares about his program, winning, the community, and most of all His Kids That He Coaches. It sounds like to me its the assistant coaches that are causing problems within the program, and I will have to say I saw that coming back in the spring when I myself visited during Spring Practice. The biggest thing people in Dyersburg need to do is rally behind Coach Stowe and their team, especially in a big game like this week . Yea so what you lost a couple of games, NO ONE goes undefeated EVERY YEAR!!! Its all about making the playoffs and running the table in High School Football. Quite talking smack and rally behind your team!!

STOWE IS LETTING THE INMATES RUN THE ASYLUM...PLAIN AND SIMPLE....If the assistant coaches are getting out of line..it is Stowe's job to reign them in...If players are getting out of line.."it is Stowe's job to reign them in".....Go back and look at the records...Stowe was 5-9 against Dyersburg with FAR SUPERIOR TALENT... Coach Counce has left the building as far as I am concerned....And what is the kicker here is that "STOWE" was hired for DISCIPLINE....The Dyersburg powers that be wanted somebody who was STRONG in the discipline department...Looks like we screwed the pooch on that one... Freaking kids and parents and asst. coaches acting like idiots...IT ALL GOES BACK TO THE TOP...You are gonna have to have somebody who will tell this bunch where to get off..or take their kid and don't come back....Counce and Bert Snow are gone..THE SAME STAFF IS IN PLACE...it all falls back on Stowe...He better get tough or this bunch is gonna eat him alive...

I will always be a Trojan fan and alumni..but when these parents and players start causing a scene..it is kind of hard to watch...Never knew of two coaches we had in the modern day era who have taken more crap than Bowling and Stowe...My suggestion would be to whomever coaches this team.."LAY OFF"..but it ain't gonna happen...Better be REAL THICK SKINNED OR WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK...one or the other..or this program could be in trouble..Looks like it might already be..

I think this game might be a lot closer than everyone is predicting. Dyersburg has just as much over all talent as Milan. The difference in this game will be the coaches. With all the problems being talked about in the Dyersburg program, can Coach Stowe right the ship ? We will see. Good luck Trojans

(Wallace Milam)

If Dyersburg is not able to solve its football "crisis," it certainly won't be due to lack of help--in the form of suggestions and "analysis." People from as far away as Georgia have offered their "expertise" on a situation which they clear know nothing about--people whose knowledge of the situation is based on what they read on Coach T, which is the equivalent of basing knowledge of marital relationships on watching the Jerry Springer Show. You people need to ask yourselves what you really know about the situation here over this past week. I live here (and have for 40 years), go to practice once or twice a week, meet with the coaches at least twice a week, and I don't know what has happened--unlike you, who know both problem and solutions.

Grown men hide behind "usernames" and write about coaches (and sometimes teenagers) using THEIR real names. Bart Stowe and Tony Butler are attacked and criticized by people who don't use their own names. You know, newspapers which print anonymous letters are regarded as trashy. If I couild change one thing about Coach T, it would be to require all who post messages to use their own names. Several times in the past I have posted mine and I will now follow the practice of enclosing my real name at the beginning of every post. Why don't you consider doing the same.

In a larger issue, have many of you ever asked yourselves if Coach T is a good thing or not? Is the good it does (scores, ratings, schedules, team info) enough to make up for the personal attacks, the utter ignorance of any knowledge of football shamelessly displayed, and the other negatives? On thing it has taught me for certain: There are more parts of horses in this world than there are whole horses.

(Wallace Milam)

If Dyersburg is not able to solve its football "crisis," it certainly won't be due to lack of help--in the form of suggestions and "analysis." People from as far away as Georgia have offered their "expertise" on a situation which they clear know nothing about--people whose knowledge of the situation is based on what they read on Coach T, which is the equivalent of basing knowledge of marital relationships on watching the Jerry Springer Show. You people need to ask yourselves what you really know about the situation here over this past week. I live here (and have for 40 years), go to practice once or twice a week, meet with the coaches at least twice a week, and I don't know what has happened--unlike you, who know both problem and solutions.

Grown men hide behind "usernames" and write about coaches (and sometimes teenagers) using THEIR real names. Bart Stowe and Tony Butler are attacked and criticized by people who don't use their own names. You know, newspapers which print anonymous letters are regarded as trashy. If I couild change one thing about Coach T, it would be to require all who post messages to use their own names. Several times in the past I have posted mine and I will now follow the practice of enclosing my real name at the beginning of every post. Why don't you consider doing the same.

In a larger issue, have many of you ever asked yourselves if Coach T is a good thing or not? Is the good it does (scores, ratings, schedules, team info) enough to make up for the personal attacks, the utter ignorance of any knowledge of football shamelessly displayed, and the other negatives? On thing it has taught me for certain: There are more parts of horses in this world than there are whole horses.

blah, blah, blah! oh great, the novelist is back :flower::roflolk:

Milan rolls big tonight!! I'm guessing by 14-21 at the least. The Dawgs have too many weapons for a Trojan team that is in disaray. Guessing the Defensive game plan is to shut down Taylor, unsure if there are other legitimate threats? Looking for the Dawgs to get the ball out on the edges in space to exploit some good matchups for us. Gonna be both cool and wet tonight so bundle up Bulldog Fans!!!