CAK vs. Kingston

Govolsknox

CAK travels this Friday to Kingston in an important matchup in District 4, 3A. The winner of this game will have an opportunity to lock down the second automatic playoff bid behind #1 Alcoa. Kingston enters the game 4 -2 (pending the outcome of their matchup with #9 McMinn Central) with one of their losses being to Alcoa. CAK is off to an excellent start with a 7-0 record. This has the potential to be an excellent matchup. Let's hear your thoughts and predictions!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK will face yet another Wing T style offense. The defense should be use to this by now and I expect them to be effective at limiting the Yellow Jackets. I believe Kingston is stronger on the offensive side of the ball than on the defensive side and will have some success, but the Warrior defense is good enough to minimize the damage IMO. Offensively, I look for CAK to give the Kingston defense trouble. The Warriors are averaging 35pts per game and I believe they can do the same against Kingston so long as they don't have an unusall amount of penalties or turnovers. Of course the defense doesn't need to let Kingston keep moving the chains and burning the clock. CAK has the advantage in the kicking game, specifically kick offs and field goals. #85 for the Warriors is as good a kicker as I've seen this year.

This is a big game within the district and I expect both teams to be ready to play. There is a lot riding on this game for both teams. Go Warriors.

Good luck to CAK ccan't wait till next week when CAK and Betsy clash very well could be the regular season game off the year.

If CAK is fortunate enough to come to Elizabethton undefeated then I'm sure the atmosphere surrounding the game will be electric. But for now the Warriors can't allow their minds to wonder up interstate 81 to Betsy. I look forward to bantering with all the Cyclone fans NEXT WEEK. :thumb:

Kingston is a district game and therefore extremely important that CAK gets the win. I'm sure the Yellow Jacket faithful will be out in force on Friday night to help inspire their team against the Warriors. I doubt Kingston is willing to concede a potential playoff spot just yet. IMHO CAK is the better team on paper and should win, but they will have to go out and prove it. Coming off a bye week the Warriors should be rested, but they need to be focused so they can be in sync and get better. The D needs to make restitution for giving up too many points in their last outing. The O can't take a step back, now is the time to put it into high gear. Good luck guys, keep your eye on the target, one game at a time! :thumb:

It would be hard to overstate the importance of the upcoming 3 games for the Warriors. At Kingston, at Elizabethton, and hosting Alcoa. I see the bye week (last week) as both a plus and a minus for the Warriors. On one hand, I think our players were ready for a break, but most importantly, it gave several injured starters a chance to get healthy. I'm glad both 15 and 35 were able to dress and play in the last game, and the 2 weeks before the Kingston game has to help #35 get his strength back. I haven't heard, but I'm hopeful that #27 will be dressed this Friday. If anyone knows, please pass it along. The Warriors need to be at full strength for the stretch. I'm sure the off week was also helpful to heal up some of the nicks and nagging injuries too. Having said that, sometimes the first quarter after a bye week shows a team just a little out of sync. The Warriors need to have a mentally intense week of practice and be strong right from the opening kick off.

I think it has helped tremendously that CAK has faced wing T offenses several time this year. There is alot of pride in Kingston football, and I expect them to play very hard and very physically. They put up 42 points on Stone Memorial who practices against the wing T every day. I don't think they will have seen an offense like CAK's. If the Warriors are in sync, they will be effective in the air and on the ground, and it will be hard to stop. CAK's defense has been stellar this year with the exception of the last game. They have been both quick and physical, exemplified by Matt Smith leading the KIL with 10 sacks.

This will be a great match up over the next several years. Kingston's young team has a lot of season under their belt now. I look forward to a clean and hard fought game between two classy programs. Can't wait till Friday night!

I haven't heard, but I'm hopeful that #27 will be dressed this Friday. If anyone knows, please pass it along.

I doubt that will be possible. #27 says he is ready to go, but I don't believe he even gets the chance to be released by the doctors until sometime next week. At least that is what I was told.

I'm glad to hear that at least by next week. Although I hope he's cleared early so he can practice early in the week and be ready to get some snaps at Elizabethton. The most important thing is that he's totally healed up. He will be a big addition to the lineup heading into the playoffs (hopefully).

I haven't heard, but I'm hopeful that #27 will be dressed this Friday. If anyone knows, please pass it along.

I doubt that will be possible. #27 says he is ready to go, but I don't believe he even gets the chance to be released by the doctors until sometime next week. At least that is what I was told.

I'm glad to hear that at least by next week. Although I hope he's cleared early so he can practice early in the week and be ready to get some snaps at Elizabethton. The most important thing is that he's totally healed up. He will be a big addition to the lineup heading into the playoffs (hopefully).

#27 was having a great season until the injury and I'm sure he will be just as effective when he returns. He just needs to be sure his body is ready for the abuse before he resumes playing. Those middle routes can be brutal, but he goes in there fearlessly and hangs onto the ball most of the time. #27's injury gave #16 a great opportunity to grow up and mature into a high school varsity player, and he has passed the test with flying colors. To have #27 back healthy to go along with #15, #21 and a more experienced #16 with #11 & #7 as well, makes for a very good receiving corp. Once #35 regains his strength he will help bolster an already tough defense.

Great points FBD. #16, #7, and #11 (all underclassmen) have really shown some incredible potential. I hate for any kid to get hurt, but it has allowed some kids to develop, and develop they have. #16 has a couple of highlight reel catches and YAC. #7 has made some great catches on offense and extremely good breaks on the ball on defense. And I haven't been shy about saying we needed to get #11 more involved somewhere, and he has proven that correct. :roflol:

Are there any Kingston fans out there? What are the concessions like at the stadium? Any thoughts on the game or Kingston?

Hey Yellowjackets, help us out here. We're tired of talking to ourselves. Its Wednesday already and there hasn't been a single post by the Kingston fans. This is like the Grace game on this board, complete silence. Us CAK folks are friendly and we don't talk smack, well, most of us don't :roflol: The Elizabethton fans are already wanting to talk about next weeks game but I've refused to do that. So lets discuss some CAK Warriors vs. Kingston Yellowjackets, pass vs run, city vs country, tradition vs up and coming, etc...... heck, lets talk about your concession stand. :?

I heard that #9 for Kingston is a big, tall, lanky receiver that can be a playmaker. I also heard that he didn't dress out for the McMinn Central game. Is that true, and if so, will he play this Friday? What are your field conditions like? Does the field still have a good turf or is it pure mud (like Clinton's, another story)? Give us something. :mrgreen: