Fairview at Giles County

smokeyvol1

A long time ago, Page was in the old 4a set up and usually went 2-8 and 3-7 in a good year. When they went to 3a the program took off.

My point here is that the 3a schools either adapt or ...well...it will be ugly.....on the good side...this type of schedule will help the teams who make to the 3a playoffs.

Totally agree. 3a teams have got to be able to run or pass depending on what the defense does. You are not going to line up and run it at a good 4a club without a legitimate threat of a passing game. I thought all along the 3a team that can suffer the stigma of losing bad to a good 4a club while still believing in themselves and work hard every week to get better will have a great advantage in the play-offs.

I agree with Mikey that 4a teams will suffer though. This year, and maybe only this year, Giles is blessed with depth. There is no way any team they play hits as hard or provides multiple formations and schemes as Giles 1st defense going against the 1st offense in the practices they have on Monday & Tuesday. You will see two teams going at it big time. Most good 4a program's JV can simulate somewhat game like conditions but for many there is a big difference in practice and Friday nights. The drop off is even worse for 3a clubs. :thumb:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who are the two kickers for fairview they both seem to have RLY strong legs? who's the punter?

Their names are Caleb Duke and Tyler Emler. They are both seniors this season. Emler is the KOS and punter, while Duke kicks FG's and XP's. Both have been impressive this season. Two nice weapons to have.

Due to injuries both of them started in the secondary Saturday night and it showed they were outmatched in their 1st career defensive starts.

A big thanks goes out to the Giles Co. players and fans. One of the classiest teams around and a lot better than Spring Hill. Sorry we could not give you a better game. It seemed our coaches held out some key players to rest up for our stretch run. I don't blame them but just wanted to let you guys know we are better than the effort we gave Saturday night. You guys have a great team. Wallace may get a lot of credit, but the skill positions are outstanding. I see you guys playing in Cookeville come December. Good luck the rest of the year.

who are the two kickers for fairview they both seem to have RLY strong legs? who's the punter?

Their names are Caleb Duke and Tyler Emler. They are both seniors this season. Emler is the KOS and punter, while Duke kicks FG's and XP's. Both have been impressive this season. Two nice weapons to have.

Due to injuries both of them started in the secondary Saturday night and it showed they were outmatched in their 1st career defensive starts.

A big thanks goes out to the Giles Co. players and fans. One of the classiest teams around and a lot better than Spring Hill. Sorry we could not give you a better game. It seemed our coaches held out some key players to rest up for our stretch run. I don't blame them but just wanted to let you guys know we are better than the effort we gave Saturday night. You guys have a great team. Wallace may get a lot of credit, but the skill positions are outstanding. I see you guys playing in Cookeville come December. Good luck the rest of the year.

Good post. I noticed your coaches never gave up or quit encouraging and coaching the boys. That will pay off come play off time. Good luck. :thumb:

how far can they kick? stats? punt avg? touchbacks? field goals(long)?