Lincoln Co. v. Franklin Co.

falcon039

blcoolio - I have seen you coach and the rest of the coaches and believe me you the other coaches all the biggest problem with whats wrong with the Lincon County program. Till there is an entirely new staff in place, LC will be a bottom tier team!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dislike everyone so bad why don't you move to another town and cheer them on. Louie is one of the most respected coaches I know. I've been calling games on the radio for 27 years and he is one of my favorites. I only call his team once a year but he always remembers me even at softball and baseball games. He is a class act maybe you should try being one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blcoolio - I have seen you coach and the rest of the coaches and believe me you the other coaches all the biggest problem with whats wrong with the Lincon County program. Till there is an entirely new staff in place, LC will be a bottom tier team!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dislike everyone so bad why don't you move to another town and cheer them on. Louie is one of the most respected coaches I know. I've been calling games on the radio for 27 years and he is one of my favorites. I only call his team once a year but he always remembers me even at softball and baseball games. He is a class act maybe you should try being one.

You like a few others are living in the past on what Coach T did years ago. The fact is, if you live in Lincoln County and have an insight on how disclipine problems are handled or not handled, you would know there is very little little disclipine and this is a problem that has been going on for several years now. This has led to numerous problems on and off the field. We want call no names but the LC staff know's this is true eventhough they want admit it I'm sure.

Wow, LC vs FC has been a great contest for over 50+ years

Too bad this game could be for a play-off spot with LC being so far down this year.

to falcon62 & blcoolio - your both right - Some of the LC coaches may care and Coach T is one of the great ones. But even back in the 70's when coach "fat cat" was in charge; to get playing time, it stilled mattered who your daddy was. I think there is even an old craddle robbing biology teacher on the sidelines. Washed up group.

Regardless who wins this games goes to the play-offs it really wom't matter. 1st round - come to Rutherford County and watch the 4th qtr. clock run without stopping. Mercy!

Winner of this game is in the playoffs, correct?

Most folk say that's true, but with 33 qualifiers for 32 spots I wouldn't be surprised if the winner ends up occupying that 33rd spot, considering the records of these two teams. If the winner does make it there will no doubt be lots of griping from other teams in the state.

Jabbo if you knew as much about football as you lead people to believe, YOU WOULD KNOW THE WINNER OF THE FC/LC IS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! Look below taken ight from TSSAA site.

5A - The top 2 teams become playoff eligible. 6A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 6A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible.

District Overall District Opponents. PER TSSAA WEB SITE

STANDINGS

Columbia (5A)

Lawrence County (5A)

Tullahoma (5A)

Shelbyville (5A)

Franklin County (6A)

Lincoln County (6A)

There will be one team left out but it will be a team with a 1 and 9 record.

Jabbo if you knew as much about football as you lead people to believe, YOU WOULD KNOW THE WINNER OF THE FC/LC IS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! Look below taken ight from TSSAA site.

5A - The top 2 teams become playoff eligible. 6A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 6A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible.

District Overall District Opponents. PER TSSAA WEB SITE

STANDINGS

Columbia (5A)

Lawrence County (5A)

Tullahoma (5A)

Shelbyville (5A)

Franklin County (6A)

Lincoln County (6A)

There will be one team left out but it will be a team with a 1 and 9 record.

From what I was told by Scott Shasteen, who spent 8 hrs with Murphy Fair last week-end, that Franklin Co or Lincoln Co would have to win the district or finish in the top half of the district to qualify for the play-offs and neither will happen. According to that, the game tonite doesn't really mean anything as far as the playoffs are concerned. The argument to that is that's not what the info says on the TSSAA website. I'm gonna say Scott Shasteen is right and neither team will make the playoffs, but I could be wrong. Murphy Fair is an expert on high school football and works with the TSSAA. I know its confusing, but maybe everything will work out when its all said and done.

From what I was told by Scott Shasteen, who spent 8 hrs with Murphy Fair last week-end, that Franklin Co or Lincoln Co would have to win the district or finish in the top half of the district to qualify for the play-offs and neither will happen. According to that, the game tonite doesn't really mean anything as far as the playoffs are concerned. The argument to that is that's not what the info says on the TSSAA website. I'm gonna say Scott Shasteen is right and neither team will make the playoffs, but I could be wrong. Murphy Fair is an expert on high school football and works with the TSSAA. I know its confusing, but maybe everything will work out when its all said and done.

I suspect there will be confusion along with weeping and gnashing of teeth after the regular season. The key will be how the powers that be prioritize winning one's classification against finishing in the top half of one's classification - if the tie breaker system kicks in then the LC/FC winner may not advance.