Lipscomb @ CPA

sr020693

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These teams haven't played in a while (if ever). Don't know much about CPA this year. Lipscomb seems to be on a roll. Will this be a good game?

Both have had some very good games...both have had poor games as well. Both are as well coached as any teams in the state. CPA is fighting for their playoff life. Another loss may put them out. It should be a good one.

David Lipscomb will win this one by 2-3 touchdowns. CPA can't run the ball at all and the Mustangs secondary will make life rought for Roman and the Lions air attack. The Maplewood loss did give DL new life as far as the district title is concerned and I look for them to take advantage of it.

CPA has lost heartbreakers to East Literature, Maplewood, & Whites Creek this season. They are due to a "letdown" kind of game and I look for this one to be that game because they'll be geared up for Pearl Cohn in a couple of weeks.

HOWDOITKNOW,CATFISH,BIGBOY OR WHO EVER YOU ARE. yOU ALWAYS HAVE MORE SPECIFICS THAN THIS. GIVE US THE NAMES OF THE IMPACT PLAYERS AND HOW THEY WILL PERFORM! dON'T BE SO GENERIC! :D

For the Mustangs it is very simple. Officer is going to run the trap 15-20 times and he'll pop a couple of them for long touchdown runs. For the Lions it is simple. Roman will throw the ball 25-30 times and he'll have to avoid turnovers against the Mustangs vaunted "Cover 2" defense.

Ask Bo Wallace how good Lipscomb's defensive secondary can be when you are seeing them for the 1ST TIME :roll:

HOWDOITKNOW,CATFISH,BIGBOY OR WHO EVER YOU ARE. yOU ALWAYS HAVE MORE SPECIFICS THAN THIS. GIVE US THE NAMES OF THE IMPACT PLAYERS AND HOW THEY WILL PERFORM! dON'T BE SO GENERIC! :wacko:

For the Mustangs it is very simple. Officer is going to run the trap 15-20 times and he'll pop a couple of them for long touchdown runs. For the Lions it is simple. Roman will throw the ball 25-30 times and he'll have to avoid turnovers against the Mustangs vaunted "Cover 2" defense.

Ask Bo Wallace how good Lipscomb's defensive secondary can be when you are seeing them for the 1ST TIME :roflol:

Very good secondary, but are they still as good losing Rogers and a few other great db's?

HOWDOITKNOW,CATFISH,BIGBOY OR WHO EVER YOU ARE. yOU ALWAYS HAVE MORE SPECIFICS THAN THIS. GIVE US THE NAMES OF THE IMPACT PLAYERS AND HOW THEY WILL PERFORM! dON'T BE SO GENERIC! :wacko:

Ask Bo Wallace how good Lipscomb's defensive secondary can be when you are seeing them for the 1ST TIME :roflol:

Very good secondary, but are they still as good losing Rogers and a few other great db's?

Their best secondary was in 2006-2007 when the had Matt Elrod at corner and their 2 deep safeties were guys like Connor Prady, Zach Rogers, & Jeremy Holt. Lipscomb is going to always have 2 corners who flat out MUG receivers and 2 safeties who are good athletes and have very good ball skills. CPA hasn't seen a pass defense like Lipscomb's. The Metro/Nashville schools that they have played have held them to low numbers but their stategy on defense is to BRING THE HEAT and try to make you beat their athletes in the secondary. Lipscomb is more sound in that they'll play what they play and dare CPA to try to run it against them.

I don't know about the best secondary ever. There have been a lot of good ones in this decade.

What about this group? Safeties - Clay Lemming & Austin Rogers; Corners - Byan Rlankenship & Cutler Robinson; Nickelback - Burton Elrod

I'm not sure on the spelling on some of those names, but I'm confident that is how Pat Sperduto pronounced them.