District 10AAA Rank em!

CoachK34

Shonte has not made a decision yet. He is focused on a state championship right now. As for skylar (the guard that is hurt) he could be back as early as mid january or might not at all. Depends on how he heals. And he did snap both bones but he is already up and walkin on cruches as much as he can.

Remember HC also has the districts mvp returnin. We have underachieved for the last couple years. I'm hope this will be our year. We play dyer county saturday in a jamboree so we will see how good we can be without football players.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shonte has not made a decision yet. He is focused on a state championship right now. As for skylar (the guard that is hurt) he could be back as early as mid january or might not at all. Depends on how he heals. And he did snap both bones but he is already up and walkin on cruches as much as he can.

Remember HC also has the districts mvp returnin. We have underachieved for the last couple years. I'm hope this will be our year. We play dyer county saturday in a jamboree so we will see how good we can be without football players.

When I read your posts on here or other boards it is always clear to me that the only thing you do know is "nothing".

When I read your posts on here or other boards it is always clear to me that the only thing you do know is "nothing".

What is it that you think I know nothin about.

I'm assuming he was referring to your comment about the team underachieving for the last couple of years, which I'd also disagree with.

Or grammar?

I think we have underachieved and if you ask the players they will probably say the same. 2 years ago we were at least the 2nd best team and we lost in the 1st round. Last year we were probably the best team and lost in the second round. And we should have won the region game. But that's the past and I think this is the year. And if its my grammer sorry I thought this was a message board not a essay contest.

Primetime, this isn't msn, cnn, espn, or any other "news" website. It is a high school sports message board. I don't take anything anyone says on here as news or facts. I didnt say "this just in" or "breaking news." It is a bunch of sports fans expressing OPINIONS. In my OPINION, the Simms kid will not play. If my kid had major college football scholarship offers, he wouldnt risk an acl, or ankle injury playing hoops. If he plays, obviously he will help he is a tremendous athlete. I wish Shonte the best of luck. But you, sir, can get over yourself.

Professor, thanks for the correction. that is definetly good news. I guess I got some bad info. I heard that it was one of the big guys and that he snapped the tibia and fibula bones in his lower leg. Which would likely end a career, not to mention a season. Good for him. Hope he heels well.

I did see West Creek and Kenwood play at NW's playday and both looked pretty good. Should be interesting this year.

Eaglepride00 sorry if I caught you on an off day or the wrong time of the month. I was simply just correcting you, (common theme here) much like the Professor, that Simms will be playing basketball and I do agree with the posts following yours that a good athlete will play no matter what he does in high school. If we are throwing names out there Sam Bradford played as many sports as he could in high school. Granite Simms is not a Bradford type prospect, but he is a heck of a ball player.

Much like the professor I think he could go bigger for basketball. Bottom of the line he will be playing and don't worry your Eagles are still the favorite to take this district. Should be interesting to see how this district shakes up. Take care buddy.

Well, since we are correcting each other, "Granite" is a form of igneous rock from which countertops are commonly made. " Granted" is what you should have said. I am glad HCHS is good at sports because the English department, clearly, isn't getting it done. And my eagle pride has nothing to do with Northeast btw.

I think we have underachieved and if you ask the players they will probably say the same. 2 years ago we were at least the 2nd best team and we lost in the 1st round. Last year we were probably the best team and lost in the second round. And we should have won the region game. But that's the past and I think this is the year. And if its my grammer sorry I thought this was a message board not a essay contest.

When I played I felt like I underachieved every year that I played except the one year we won state. Every other year I felt like we didn't reach our potential. Getting older I realize that by those standards every team except one underachieves each year... So either that is true, or my way of thinking was juvenile. I too expect a good year and am very anxious

:lol: HC should be very good this year! Yes, they did finish last year "disappointingly", but some times coaches have to put aside wins and discipline kids for the betterment of the program. I give the Patriot big praise for that decision. Hopefully, if everyone can stay healthy, this will be a banner year for the Pats! :thumb: 10AAA will be very tough this year. I'm hearing a couple 3 schools may have benefited from transfers. After football is over look for the Patriots to steadily improve and hopefully get over the hump this season. DEFENSE will be the key! They have offensive fire power! But, will they be able to shut down their opponents? That is the biggest concern I see for them!! :lol:

:shock: HC should be very good this year! Yes, they did finish last year "disappointingly", but some times coaches have to put aside wins and discipline kids for the betterment of the program. I give the Patriot big praise for that decision. Hopefully, if everyone can stay healthy, this will be a banner year for the Pats! :shock: 10AAA will be very tough this year. I'm hearing a couple 3 schools may have benefited from transfers. After football is over look for the Patriots to steadily improve and hopefully get over the hump this season. DEFENSE will be the key! They have offensive fire power! But, will they be able to shut down their opponents? That is the biggest concern I see for them!! :shock:

JYD this is the best post I've ever seen from you. Its hard to say this but agree 100% with you.

Jamborees went off tonight, i watched at chs.

Northwest boys seem to be missing some key players, but new big men helped a little. Seem like they wanted to be guards. WC played well. Williams played well with no T.O. time played, my opinion would have scored more if had more time. WC is going to be a pressing team. CHS showed young talent, real impressed with their three ball and getting a lot of loose balls and deflections. Only problem was their own passing. Against a better team then (Central) it would have been picked off for two. You really can't judge a team success off jamborees because of the limited time, but can't wait for the actually district play to jump off!!