District 10AAA Rank em!

CoachK34

Man I guess the Henry Co. program is at an ALL-TIME high if going 25-6 and then getting upset in the Regions is underachieving. I agree that they should have gone farther. I think they were the best team in their district--better than NE last year---or they at least could have beaten them (they did split with them), but they didn't underachieve for the whole year. That is just a dumb statement.

And Patriot04 will you please stop trying to comment on players playing or not playing...everyone else on this board has more insight than you do. And just FYI, all of them are playing, Jelks, Sims, Skylar, etc. Although not all healthy at the moment.

JYD great post!

Chaos keep em coming!

Primetime--you are not bad--definitely not going to take what you say for Granite!

Patriot04--just please be quiet for a while...gettin on my nerves!

Eaglepride00...well everyone else already told you.

"Tis better to remain quiet, and have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Henry Co. has all the pieces to win it this year.

2. Northeast - RELOADED

3. Northwest - Is finally starting to get things turned around.

4. Springfield - Without as good of secondary options, Stanton will have trouble this year.

5. Kenwood - better athletes than the rest (below them)

6. Clarksville, Rossview, Dickson (in any order--to hard to tell)

9. WC

1. Northeast--Their sophomore stud will emerge from the shadows of last year and will make up for whatever they lost. No reason to think they won't play deep into the region and sub-state again this year.

2. Springfield--Corey Stanton is that good.

3. Henry Co--They will start strong and then fade as the travel wears on them like it does every year. Tough spot to be in when every road game in district play means a bus ride of two hours or more, one way.

4. West Creek--This will not be your typical new team. These guys have played with each other for years and have always enjoyed success. Strong coach to go along with the talent and these guys will impress some people.

5/6. Clarksville/Dickson--Both these coaches get more out of their talent than most could, and both teams will be in the mix for a district home game come tournament time.

7. Northwest--Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff fares in year 2.

8/9 Kenwood/Rossview

How is the district tournament working this year with nine teams? Last place team doesn't get in?

1. Northeast--Their sophomore stud will emerge from the shadows of last year and will make up for whatever they lost. No reason to think they won't play deep into the region and sub-state again this year.

2. Springfield--Corey Stanton is that good.

3. Henry Co--They will start strong and then fade as the travel wears on them like it does every year. Tough spot to be in when every road game in district play means a bus ride of two hours or more, one way.

4. West Creek--This will not be your typical new team. These guys have played with each other for years and have always enjoyed success. Strong coach to go along with the talent and these guys will impress some people.

5/6. Clarksville/Dickson--Both these coaches get more out of their talent than most could, and both teams will be in the mix for a district home game come tournament time.

7. Northwest--Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff fares in year 2.

8/9 Kenwood/Rossview

How is the district tournament working this year with nine teams? Last place team doesn't get in?

I heard they were gonna have a play in game between 8 and 9 to see who gets to play #1.... Kinda like march madness

Stanton is good, but I think the loss of a few key players around him will show to be more of a factor than most think. Stanton is a solid high school player, but he is not an unstoppable force every single night.

I'll say this...if he is good enough to single-handedly carry his team to the number 2 spot in the district or even number 1, then he should be going bigger than Wright State.

But Corey has a bright future ahead of him and I wish him all the luck in the world. And I hope they have a great season, but I just don't see him being able to do it virtually by himself.

Northeast and HC have way more TEAM Fire Power.

This is the year for the Patriots to shine, to hear Coach Wilkins talk, one would think that they are the top team in the state and everyone already knows that. He has got a team with a very good post player, a very good guard and some very solid role players. Wilins has made the Patriots a very good defensive team with a hap hazard style of offense which has led to some inconsistencies over the past few years, with the offensive weapons he has, will the Patriots be able to settle down and get good shots when needed. I think Wilkins has done an excellent job getting the program headed in the right direction but has been very ineffective in the post season, not sure of the post season record but it is like 2-4 and after one fo the best regular seasons in school history last year, the Patriots blew a 25 point lead in the second half agains Springield to lose their final 2 games. It has been a trend for the Patriots to peak early and fade late and I hope this season the Patriots find a way to play better in the tournaments.

As I am positive that my last post will be disputed, over the last 3 season, in 06 the Patriots lost their final 6 games, in 07 the Patriots lost 7 of their las 12, and last season the Patriots lost 2 of their last 3, that is a record of 7-15 in late season, I am sure that Coach Wilkins would agree that they should have won many of those games.

Correction:

Henry Co. in Wilkins era:

06-07 Lost last 6 games,

one to Springfield (who's only loss in their last 9 games was to eventual State Runner-UP Clarksville)

one to Clarksville (went UN Beaten in the district that year)

and the other four games they lost were all by 3 points or less...2 on last second shots! TWO!

Not an excuse...just stating the fact.

2007-2008

Lost 1 of their last 4 to Rossview, by 9.

Lost 3 games BEFORE the last four to Rossview, Clarksville and Springfield (they split with Rossview and Springfield on the year)

2008-2009

Won 13 of their last 16 games...losses to Clarksville NE (by 9 at their place after beating them at HC)

Then lost to Springfield at Springfield because they fell apart...no excuses...well unless you count the fact that their starting point guard did not play because of discipline issues. A definite factor considering Springfield started pressing and HC had no one else with any poise that night.

And then definitely should have won against Wilson Cent., despite being on the road 2.5 hours and being the first game in a week for pg. Still should have won.

So really--after doing a little research and recalling myself, the picture you were painting wasn't exactly accurate...however I do believe Wilkins would say he has been disappointed in previous finishes...as any coach would be.

:o I took a needed vacation Florida after disappointing fb loss to GW. How did the big guy look? I'm sure it will be hard to get much of a flow until some of the injuries I've been hearing about are back on the court. 1 poster said Wilkins had Patriots picked to be state champs. I doubt he's saying that, but I'm sure it is his goal! :o Any experienced coach would set that goal every year. This year on paper, HC has potential to actually compete for that goal. As I said in an earlier post, I truly believe that their desire to DEFEND will determine their chances! With many sr's this time around their offense will become more consistent. :D Patriots, I'll be back for home opener vs Calloway County. Let's make some noise this year :roflolk:

I think all of you HC fans have been sipping a little too much of Grandpa's cough medicine. They have no shot at competing for a title. As I have said many times on here, I am a west tn transplant living in mid tn. The road to a AAA title has been and will continue to run through memphis, period! Do you really think HC can stay within 20 of White Station, Ridgeway, Melrose, or even Germantown? No way. They aren't even close. We saw what happened when NE ran into Joe Jackson and co. last year. Two words...BLOW OUT! It is a different animal down there. HC is a pretty good basketball team. They will be in the top 3 in the district but a title contender? C'mon man. Let's be real.