Ensworth vs Father Ryan

falcons101

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final 35-27 Ensworth Wins!

What a great game and a great comeback effort by Father Ryan! Ensworth pounded the ball eating up the clock while their passing game stalled. Father Ryan got a safety on a bad punt snap. Then a 52 yard field goal (!!!!!) to get 5 points going into the half to Darwka's 3 touch downs. The Ryan QB was throwing lasers out there hitting a lot of open receivers but he also took many sacks. Because of an EHS fumble at the end of a kick off and a muffed punt, Ryan was able to pull it close but Ensworth basically sealed it with a Great pick my So. #6 Rico Watson on a comeback route. Don't forget the back to back kick returns for touchdowns (FR then EHS). Both were great runs.

Definitely a good game to remember!

Also VERY similar to last years game.

Yeah they are. I used to attend a lot of Williamson County games and Ensworth would run over almost all of those teams except for Brentwood and maybe Franklin which would be good games. In my opinion Ootelwah should be nationally ranked because I think they could possibly beat Ensworth. This is a very good team and they haven't even had to use the passing game and they aren't full healthy. MUS is also ranked nationally and they are really far up there (top 25)

Yeah they are. I used to attend a lot of Williamson County games and Ensworth would run over almost all of those teams except for Brentwood and maybe Franklin which would be good games. In my opinion Ootelwah should be nationally ranked because I think they could possibly beat Ensworth. This is a very good team and they haven't even had to use the passing game and they aren't full healthy. MUS is also ranked nationally and they are really far up there (top 25)

I see nothing on paper Ooltewah has done on the field to be considered one of the nation's elite (Top 100) teams. Apparenty they must be good, but even in the fuzzy world of national rankings, you have to do something really special to stand out on a national level beyond being undefeated or a one-loss team at this point, for there are thousands of teams with such records.

I, like may others, think it is difficult to rank 10,000+ teams in a national poll, but have always contended the national polls generally do a good job in identifying the best team(s) in each state as evidenced by who they rank from certain states (in other words, if Tennessee is going to have nationally ranked teams, MUS and EHS are certainly very worthy candidates thus far this year). With that said, I think williamsoncounty's question was probably more rhetorical in nature, and certainly not one that can be answered with such definitiveness.

I think DII-AA will have an undefeated champion this year, and, if that happens, that champion will be the #1 team in all third-party ratings of Tennessee teams across all classes (the strength of schedule of the only two teams that could finish undefeated - MUS or Ensworth - will virtually guarantee that spot). If any Tennessee team is worthy of a national ranking, that team will be the team. Beyond that, a second Tennessee team being in the nation's Top 100 will be a stretch, IMO. If it happens, so be it; great for Tennessee. Frankly, I am more interested in seeing Alcoa fight it out for bragging rights with the fans of a few hundred Tennessee DI schools as to who was the best DI team in 2009 than any argument that will occur about where or not Alcoa's Rivals' ranking will be deserved.

Is this really a nationally ranked football team? I'm getting the feeling that these guys are going to put up a stinker in the playoffs and get beat.

If you are referring to the margin a victory for EHS as weak then you obviously did not see this game. EHS made mistakes, most teams do and let Father Ryan back into this game. If it weren't for a penalty and a bad snap EHS is up 28-0 at halftime. EHS also has four of the best players in the state in the classes of 2010 and 2011. Ryan has played EHS close very year so far,I hought this year would be different but EHS made mistakes that let Ryan back in this one that could have been easily avoided but Ryan did not convert on any of them.

Darkwa can keep EHS in any game with about anyone it the country with Richardson blocking for him. They wear down defenses like no other and have not been at full health since the MBA game. Look for EHS to bulldoze Baylor and BGA in their final regular season games.

Ensworth has kept Oakland, Smyrna, BA, and Father Ryan within a touchdown.

And every team is dealing with injuries at this point in the season.

So what? All those teams are decent and Ensworth beat all of them. Besides the Smyrna and Oakland games, EHS has been in control almost the entire way. EHS's only weakness is turnovers, if you can force them you have a chance but Darkwa will keep them in every game.

When a team passes 4 times a game like they did against Ryan the game speeds up thus creating fewer scoring opportunities.

The flu hit Ensworth pretty hard, especially the OL, Orleans is having to sit out entire quarters because of his separated shoulder and their best WR is still not back at 100%.

Orleans is 8th in the Nation in total rushing yards and 2nd in yards per game average. Antonio Richardson will likely be a rivals top 100 player next season and Rodney Anderson could make it in the top 250 if he fully recovers from his ACL next season. In addition DE/TE Sam Cooper committed to Clemson. I think this is definitely top 100 material.

Ensworth Wins 28-15.

Orleans Darwka knocked out near beginning of the second half from a unnecessary hard hit to the head considering all of his body besides his chest was on the ground. Probably a concussion and he was down for a couple minutes so not sure how serious it is.

Ensworth's passing game did very well considering past games. Helping that was the return of WR Jacob Carter. Ensworth had 2 or 3 interceptions with another few dropped and a lot of batted balls. Good defensive showing by Ensworth.

Ensworth Wins 28-15.

Orleans Darwka knocked out near beginning of the second half from a unnecessary hard hit to the head considering all of his body besides his chest was on the ground. Probably a concussion and he was down for a couple minutes so not sure how serious it is.

Ensworth's passing game did very well considering past games. Helping that was the return of WR Jacob Carter. Ensworth had 2 or 3 interceptions with another few dropped and a lot of batted balls. Good defensive showing by Ensworth.

We think Orlean's injury is just a stinger, he is wearing a neck brace. He is getting x-rays. I have no idea if he will play next week against BGA but I would keep him out and save him for the playoffs.