Predictions on AAA teams getting to state next year

gogoldgo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by columbiaguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 am

Somebody asked in a post earlier if a Rutherford Co. school had open zoning what would happen. The answer is '99 Oakland. By far the best team ever to play high school baseball in TN.

Agreed that this team is the best ever ( I saw them with my own eyes).....but open zoning is not the reason. That statement is ridiculous because all those kids lived in the Oakland zone, so I don't understand your statement

I wasn't saying they had open zoning. I was just saying if they had open zoning you could end up with something like 99 Oakland. It was in response to a previous post. But, they may not have had open zoning but they did have some people move in that were not originally from that area if I am not mistaken.

by columbiaguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 am

Somebody asked in a post earlier if a Rutherford Co. school had open zoning what would happen. The answer is '99 Oakland. By far the best team ever to play high school baseball in TN.

Agreed that this team is the best ever ( I saw them with my own eyes).....but open zoning is not the reason. That statement is ridiculous because all those kids lived in the Oakland zone, so I don't understand your statement

I wasn't saying they had open zoning. I was just saying if they had open zoning you could end up with something like 99 Oakland. It was in response to a previous post. But, they may not have had open zoning but they did have some people move in that were not originally from that area if I am not mistaken.

Every kid lived in Oakland zone...sorry i didn't understand your post

Let me point out a few things

A.) It was 26-8.

B.) After 7 innings, we pulled our varsity (10-7) so you can feel good about the 16 runs your varsity put up against our JV.

C.) You pitched pfeifer for 4, thorson for 5 and some other kid for 1. Pfeifer= 7 hits. Thorson= 7 hits. Other kid= 0. (Sorry "other kid" i don't know you're name) 14 hits in 7 innings off two of your best pitchers, thats not a bad ball game.

D.) we didn't have our catcher back from basketball yet, taylor broussard.

E.) We pitched 7 pitchers for 1-2 innings each.

So was it in no way "domination" during the varsity vs. varsity scrimmage part. But Stallings, Powell, Williams, Thorson, Bennett and so on hitting against some younger pitchers at the end wasn't going to be too much of a challenge.

And a question. That game, in i think the 7th inning... Nicky D came into catch and he caught a pop up for the second out, and then limped off to the dugout and was out of the game. What happened to him?

Let me point out a few things

A.) It was 26-8.

B.) After 7 innings, we pulled our varsity (10-7) so you can feel good about the 16 runs your varsity put up against our JV.

C.) You pitched pfeifer for 4, thorson for 5 and some other kid for 1. Pfeifer= 7 hits. Thorson= 7 hits. Other kid= 0. (Sorry "other kid" i don't know you're name) 14 hits in 7 innings off two of your best pitchers, thats not a bad ball game.

D.) we didn't have our catcher back from basketball yet, taylor broussard.

E.) We pitched 7 pitchers for 1-2 innings each.

So was it in no way "domination" during the varsity vs. varsity scrimmage part. But Stallings, Powell, Williams, Thorson, Bennett and so on hitting against some younger pitchers at the end wasn't going to be too much of a challenge.

And a question. That game, in i think the 7th inning... Nicky D came into catch and he caught a pop up for the second out, and then limped off to the dugout and was out of the game. What happened to him?

excuses, excuses. you MUST be from catholic. my point is Farragut was 82-8 the last two years and finished in the top 10 nationally both years. to try and diminish their accomplishments by bringing up one game against bearden is beyond comical.

I'm not making excuses. Most of us were pretty pleased with our performance through 7 innings in that game. 7 runs off 14 hits against two good pitchers. We knew you all were one of the best (if not the best) in the state. I'm not saying that Farragut isn't good. We all know farragut is good. Really good. But slow down. The season is not over. In fact it hasn't even started, so don't write checks you can't cash. If its supposed to happen it will. I wouldn't be surprised because they are a good team year in and out and so on... everyone knows. But this team will most likely not be as good as the two teams that went 82-8. So many great seniors were on that team last year, it will be hard to make up for them. Thats all I'm saying.

I think this farragut fan needs to stop runnin his mouth about how good farragut is...it doesn't matter what happened last year or the year before, it matters what is happening now and what will happen this spring..if i had to bet money on it, i say farragut will not win state this year partially because it sounds like someone is gettin a little cocky? Congrats on last year man you guys were good?

Please tell me who your team is so i can laugh at how bad they are. Whoever you play for has probably never even won state. heck, they may have never even been there before. You want me to tell you what it's like?