St. Agnes v. Briarcrest

mstreep

SAA----4

BCHS--1

I am editing to say that I don't know how well the field drains and remember a game 2 or 3 years

ago that had standing water on the sidelines. If it is "puddled-up", the goals could be harder to come by.

Has anyone played on a dry field since Labor Day?

No doubt that the field will play a huge part in the results of the game. Briarcrest plays a possession game, and soggy wet fields do not allow for that play.

However, I do believe that the larger size of the field compared to St Agnes field will go to Briarcrest's favor. As long as we can stay on focus and play smart with the SAA speedsters, we will play a very good game against each other. We have been our own worst enemy at times this season playing some awesome games and then playing some games which we would like to forget. See you tonight!

3-0 maybe 4-1

interesting to see if saa D can shut out/shut down bcs forwards.....i don't agree with bigger field helps briarcrest...saa is faster than briarcrest as a whole so i would think that gives more space for their speed. smaller fields help slower teams not bigger....i'm i wrong? the negating factor to SAA speed will be having a wet ball and field so through balls are harder to accurately place and carry.

with a wet field comes slips and mistakes...the team that puts the most crosses into the box will win....just an Opinion...

3-0 maybe 4-1

interesting to see if saa D can shut out/shut down bcs forwards.....i don't agree with bigger field helps briarcrest...saa is faster than briarcrest as a whole so i would think that gives more space for their speed. smaller fields help slower teams not bigger....i'm i wrong? the negating factor to SAA speed will be having a wet ball and field so through balls are harder to accurately place and carry.

with a wet field comes slips and mistakes...the team that puts the most crosses into the box will win....just an Opinion...

A shorter and more narrower field greatly works well eith a team that is not going to possess out of the back. A longer, wider field works better for Briarcrest in spreading the field and to allow for more possession out of the back and more recovery time defensively. When we played SAA at their field, their defense did not take any risk and sent long balls forward with minimal possession out of the back. In that game, there is a better chance of placing the ball behind the defense and let a fast forward run on to it with less time for the defense to react. The longer field provides more reaction team for the defense and the keeper....in my humble opinion.

Briarcrest - 1

St Agnes - 3

Very good, muddy game....pond play? Several areas of the field had to have at least 4 inches of standing water....most of which was on the girls by the end of the game. Ball rarely went to where either team wanted it to go. Score was 1 to 0 SAA favor at the half.

SAA played a very fast paced game taking quick shots...all three goals scored from outside the box (very well placed shots by girls left unmarked...shame on Briarcrest!) Briarcrest had some good runs at the goal that either were mispaced or misplaced.

In other games, Saint Benedict tied Huthison 1 to 1.