2A Mr. Football?

SEVEN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h20citytiger, I agree that Maasen is the best player in 2A, but I disagree that TC doesn't miss a beat without Seay. TC would take a big hit on the defensive side of the ball without Seay at MLB. With regards to offense he steps up in big games. The main reason he doesn't have the stats is because they fead him the rock when it is necessary

You're right seay is much more valueable on the defensive side of the ball. I was speaking mainly about offense. No doubt he steps up in big games. If he is not there TC will have someone or as a team collectively step up to get the job done. If FC lost Maasen, they have a much bigger hole to fill on their team.

Take Maasen off FCS and they drop way off. TC didn't completely shut him down. He made several good plays on them. they didn't let him beat'em. If his teammates would made some plays, it would have helped out. its hard to shut out great players all night long. From my little view of 2A ball Maasen is in the front of the pack. BTW being the star doesn't mean your not a team player.

Oh hey I wasn't meaning to say that at all. Hope Lee wins Mr. 2A back. Great for him and the school. He is an athlete. As far as his teammates making plays I believe they made a few. Caught the catchable balls and found some running room at times. I think we need to work on getting everything blocked up and getting the ball out on time. But hey, you learn alot about yourselves when you play a really good team. Hopefully we carry that experience into the playoffs.

Take Maasen off FCS and they drop way off. TC didn't completely shut him down. He made several good plays on them. they didn't let him beat'em. If his teammates would made some plays, it would have helped out. its hard to shut out great players all night long. From my little view of 2A ball Maasen is in the front of the pack. BTW being the star doesn't mean your not a team player.

Oh hey I wasn't meaning to say that at all. Hope Lee wins Mr. 2A back. Great for him and the school. He is an athlete. As far as his teammates making plays I believe they made a few. Caught the catchable balls and found some running room at times. I think we need to work on getting everything blocked up and getting the ball out on time. But hey, you learn alot about yourselves when you play a really good team. Hopefully we carry that experience into the playoffs.

Good luck to Lee and all the other boys over in Possum Town. Hope you have a long playoff run. Unlees we see each other again. Maybe we can give ya better game next time.

Lee Maasen is an athlete. He should have a very good shot at the 2A Mr. Football back. He brings a lot to the table for Friendship Christian, no doubt about that. Lee comes to every game for the W. You just don't see kids like Lee too often.

With that being said, Friendship does have the athletes that could spread it out. If and when those guys are used to help pull the load, this team will go from being a good football team to being a football team going for the gold. Just my opinion :thumb:

Best of luck to Lee Maasen

some people over look the players from the smaller less recognized schools especially the lineman i think that Michael Dilday number 78 for Dresden had a chance of getting it if dresden could have been a little more recognizable he is huge 6'5 340 with quick feet and strength to handle any d lineman around he is a tenacious player who strives to put his guy on his back every play. very smart kid who takes good angles and never allows a blitz through his gaps pass blocks great because of his long arm reach if you havent checked this kid out maybe its time to go take a look if dresden makes it to the playoffs

My vote would go to Whitt Sitton. He is one the Captains for Signal Mountain. Whitt took a chance and left Red Bank after starting there as a sophomore and moved to the new High School in his hometown. His reward was helping start a new program that only had one other player with varsity experience. He had to play a JV schedule during his junior year due to the school opening during the second year of the two year TSSAA schedule bids. Whitt helped lead his team to an undefeated JV season 10-0 in the first year. This year he is currently the sack leader for all classifications in the Hamilton County area (including north GA) with 12, he is the fourth leading tackler in the same area and second in tackles for a loss at 22. Plus he is 14th in scoring. He has been instrumental in leading this first year varsity team to a 9-1 record so far and a playoff birth. He is a leader and sets the tone.