Rankings For the Playoffs

mjuhb

where's Greeneville in all this? They were in the final four along with CAK, Notre Dame, and CPA

First of all this is a pre-tourny prediction and not a final ranking. Eurosport has Greeneville listed post-tourny as #4 in D1 AA as it should be.

Second this is a TN top 50 list so you are up against D1 AAA, AA, and D2. Since you didn't fare well against most AAA schools, finished fourth in AA and have no idea just how good some of the D2 schools are (eg Baylor) I would be surprised if Greeneville finished in the top 20 on this list.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know? I don't think the puddle is muddy enough so I thought i would tromp in it some more.....

So. What holds more value?

* Head to head competition

* A body of work (the season)

* The State Championship Playoff (aka "a single tournament")

OR

Is it a interpretation of all three?

The discussion will never end....bad calls, bad refs, sick players, injured players, incorrect matchups, uncommon playing surfaces and/or field conditions, travel vs no travel, better defensive vs better offensive, home field advantage......

If St. Agnes wins both the mjuhb poll and the state tournament, they are the champs. If Baylor wins the state tournament and St. Agnes wins the mjuhb poll (he does a great job as we all know) then I am thrilled. Baylor get the gold soccer ball and St. Agnes gets a framed printout of the mjhub poll.

I do not know which team is better but lobbying mjuhb or analyzing goals per game against different opponents is not going to tell us much. All we will ever know is who was better on a given day if both teams make it through the playoffs, which is no guarantee for either team.

Soo, what do you think about mjuhb polls now? Just thought we might revisit some old issues. Also I think a lot of folks feel the West has it easy getting to State, since they don't "have to play any real competition" through out the season. Of course we need to add the "luck" factor to the final games as well. Glad we got lucky 3 times this year. If the east had 3 State Champions, the posts would still be flowing, but that's Okay, we know how much we are loved. :ugeek: