McKenzie vs Huntingdon.....let it begin!!!

VOLnWTN

I saw both teams play Camden this year and both had upsides. McKenzie threw the ball with more success, but this was of course the first game of the season. Huntingdon did a better job running the ball but they ran it about 60 times that game. I think McKenzie's defense is slightly more physical but Huntingdon's seemed faster. Both teams had a problem stopping the run consistantly but neither team's defense gave up. The only question about Huntingdon is if McKenzie's defense stacks the line and slows Holder down, can Huntingdon actually pass against them? If Huntingdon get pressure on McKenzie's QB will he throw the ball up for grabs or throw it away? After all of this rambling, I see it this way. McKenzie will win this game based on their ability to pass when running isn't working. Huntingdon will definately move the ball but will probably stall when they get in the redzone. I don't see much difference in the defense at McKenzie compared to Camden so I think they will use the same strategy against the Stangs that Camden did. Good luck to both teams and I look forward to hearing how this one plays out. :roflol:

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really care...but watching both teams multiple times """this""" year...I would have to say that McKenzie is a little over rated. I think it will be a good game and that Huntingdon will ease it out by about 3 to 4 points. Both have good programs, especially Mckenzie's current run over the last few years and it should be an exciting emotinal game. :roflol:

Yeah, we are way over rated!!! We lost to #3 Camden by 4. Held Quan Campbell in check. Held Washington in check. And beat a very good Westview team.

Rebels, this guy is right. You are way overrated. Better not even bother practicing!

I guess Hutingdon is overrated also.

This will be a very good ballgame. Everyone knows the keys for success. Stop Holder and Thompson. Keys for Huntingdon stop Bowden, Williams, Johnson, Taylor, McKinney running out of the multiple formations we will throw at them. Plus, shhh! The wrinkles we will throw in there.

Tighten them down men. There is going to be a classic battle in McKenzie!!!

I think both teams are very good with Mckenzie having somewhat of a size advantage along with more experience. Everybody keeps talking about Huntingdons passing game. What you've got to realize is they are perfectly comfortable with not throwing the ball at all. I asked Coach not long ago whats he going to do if a team stacks 8 in the box and dares him to throw and his response was "is that all, we're used to seeing all eleven". McKenzie tries to balance their offense with run and pass, Huntingdon tries to balance their offense right and left. This is a great matchup and I for one am glad that Mckenzie has got it going over there, it certainly spices things up. :D

I think both teams are very good with Mckenzie having somewhat of a size advantage along with more experience. Everybody keeps talking about Huntingdons passing game. What you've got to realize is they are perfectly comfortable with not throwing the ball at all. I asked Coach not long ago whats he going to do if a team stacks 8 in the box and dares him to throw and his response was "is that all, we're used to seeing all eleven". McKenzie tries to balance their offense with run and pass, Huntingdon tries to balance their offense right and left. This is a great matchup and I for one am glad that Mckenzie has got it going over there, it certainly spices things up. :D

Camden put 7 in the box against Huntingdon running a 5-2 defense and stopped them cold with great LB and DB play slashing through the gaps and containing on the end. McKenzie can do the same thing from what I have seen. The only weakness I saw in McKenzie's defense was the quick hitter up the middle by the FB for big gains. Don't see Huntingdon running that. McKenzie won't need 11 in the box, 8 will be sufficient. Huntingdon isn't playing Greenfield or HollowRock/Bruceton this time. They better get a passing game soon or they will be putting another L at the end of their record.

Let me see, camden played seven in the box with two db's coming off the edge. That makes it a 9-2. Besides that you guys had better worry about a passing attack youself sounds like. :roflol: Do we play Greenfield?

Hmmm.......Camden played a base 4-3 defense and all they did was put in an extra lineman instead of a LB. Not much of a difference and stopped that vaunted attack. It doesn't matter now though, Camden won. Just the same, McKenzie will win because they are just better in most areas except RB. Holder is a stud when he can follow 3 guys down the field. Oh and we (Camden)cover the pass fairly well. Didn't we pick one off against the Mustangs? McKenzie? Westview? We have a safety back there that seems to get a pick just about every game that someone tries to pass on him. I think the 9-0 record speaks for itself!

Let me see, camden played seven in the box with two db's coming off the edge. That makes it a 9-2. Besides that you guys had better worry about a passing attack youself sounds like. :roflol: Do we play Greenfield?

Hmmm.......Camden played a base 4-3 defense and all they did was put in an extra lineman instead of a LB. Not much of a difference and stopped that vaunted attack. It doesn't matter now though, Camden won. Just the same, McKenzie will win because they are just better in most areas except RB. Holder is a stud when he can follow 3 guys down the field. Oh and we (Camden)cover the pass fairly well. Didn't we pick one off against the Mustangs? McKenzie? Westview? We have a safety back there that seems to get a pick just about every game that someone tries to pass on him. I think the 9-0 record speaks for itself!

Who does Camden play this week?

Unless you are just blind or know nothing about the game i'm starting to think you weren't even there. I think we've had this discussion before with myself contending you were lucky to win and if not for the botched punt return we win by two td's. :roflol: But you guys have a good team and i would love to see you get to play alcoa.