McKenzie vs Huntingdon.....let it begin!!!

VOLnWTN

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the yacking is already started and the game is two weeks away. By the time we get to the game, this thread should reach 50 pages and out of those 50, 48 will be both sides arguing which team has the better this or better that. Everyone in the state knows about H-towns two backs and all they do for their team. We aren't going to stop them from getting their yards and we all know that. The key will be holding down the long ones. We have some pretty good backs as well. You just don't see the huge numbers from them because we have so many. Their D will not be able to focus on just one because we will have 3 to 4 that can run on any play. Look at our stats the past few weeks and see for yourself. We haven't been passing as much either the past few weeks because we're getting it done on the ground but we can. I have seen H-town play several occasions this year and have been impressed with Holder and Thompson. We're gonna have our work cut out for us, but I promise this, their D will have the same. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this one as much as any game we've played this year. Should be very exciting and physical ballgame.

Don't really care...but watching both teams multiple times """this""" year...I would have to say that McKenzie is a little over rated. I think it will be a good game and that Huntingdon will ease it out by about 3 to 4 points. Both have good programs, especially Mckenzie's current run over the last few years and it should be an exciting emotinal game. :lol:

I sure hope the stangs come into this game with the same thought............ :thumb:

I think both teams are very good with Mckenzie having somewhat of a size advantage along with more experience. Everybody keeps talking about Huntingdons passing game. What you've got to realize is they are perfectly comfortable with not throwing the ball at all. I asked Coach not long ago whats he going to do if a team stacks 8 in the box and dares him to throw and his response was "is that all, we're used to seeing all eleven". McKenzie tries to balance their offense with run and pass, Huntingdon tries to balance their offense right and left. This is a great matchup and I for one am glad that Mckenzie has got it going over there, it certainly spices things up. :lol:

It is a great matchup and I am not trying to take away from it but, Huntingdon's thinking (if it really is their thinking) is akin to the thinking of Mt. Pleasant with Marco Daly when they came to McKenzie in the semi finals two years ago. And a lot of these kids played in that game. You didn't stop Marco, you just stopped him enough to beat him and we did.

This is a huge game for both teams for nothing more than pride!!!! Both teams have something special at stake with the outcome. Those of us that live on both sides of the creek know what it is and nobody else needs know. No playoff implications, no gold ball implications, just pride (well there is a district championship at stake come to think of it)!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Well, the yacking is already started and the game is two weeks away. By the time we get to the game, this thread should reach 50 pages and out of those 50, 48 will be both sides arguing which team has the better this or better that. Everyone in the state knows about H-towns two backs and all they do for their team. We aren't going to stop them from getting their yards and we all know that. The key will be holding down the long ones. We have some pretty good backs as well. You just don't see the huge numbers from them because we have so many. Their D will not be able to focus on just one because we will have 3 to 4 that can run on any play. Look at our stats the past few weeks and see for yourself. We haven't been passing as much either the past few weeks because we're getting it done on the ground but we can. I have seen H-town play several occasions this year and have been impressed with Holder and Thompson. We're gonna have our work cut out for us, but I promise this, their D will have the same. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this one as much as any game we've played this year. Should be very exciting and physical ballgame.
say what!

I think both teams are very good with Mckenzie having somewhat of a size advantage along with more experience. Everybody keeps talking about Huntingdons passing game. What you've got to realize is they are perfectly comfortable with not throwing the ball at all. I asked Coach not long ago whats he going to do if a team stacks 8 in the box and dares him to throw and his response was "is that all, we're used to seeing all eleven". McKenzie tries to balance their offense with run and pass, Huntingdon tries to balance their offense right and left. This is a great matchup and I for one am glad that Mckenzie has got it going over there, it certainly spices things up. :roflol:

It is a great matchup and I am not trying to take away from it but, Huntingdon's thinking (if it really is their thinking) is akin to the thinking of Mt. Pleasant with Marco Daly when they came to McKenzie in the semi finals two years ago. And a lot of these kids played in that game. You didn't stop Marco, you just stopped him enough to beat him and we did.

This is a huge game for both teams for nothing more than pride!!!! Both teams have something special at stake with the outcome. Those of us that live on both sides of the creek know what it is and nobody else needs know. No playoff implications, no gold ball implications, just pride (well there is a district championship at stake come to think of it)!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflolk:

how does this game really matter except for the championship of carroll county