Davidson Academy vs. Knox Webb

oline

As far as the postgame handshake is concerned i wasnt there i was takin care of buisiness else where, but i am sure webbs coach was frustrated and made a honest mistake, as far as davidson theyve always been cocky and arrogant winning state in a division with no competition. But the big boys are there now and i say this and you can quote me on this "DAVIDSON WILL NOT WIN STATE" and im always gonna take this oppurtunity to call out Murphy Fair by saying he has no idea about high school football and i have no idea why they call him the guru the guys an idiot.

But the big boys are there now and i say this and you can quote me on this "DAVIDSON WILL NOT WIN STATE"

Didn't the Big Boys just get held to under 200 yards total offense and walked away with a loss? How will they score their next game vs Davidson, the KR won't touch the ball.Maybe we should be considered the Big Boys now..enough trash talking though. Good Luck

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a chance to see film of the game today from a buddy that filmed it. The issue with the coaches during the shaking of hands didn't involve in any shape, form, or fashion Coach Wade acting like he was going to charge or do anything else to anyone. It's obvious by watching it that one of the coaches from Webb made a comment while walking by Coach Wade that made him turn around and try to confront the coach. This coach walked away from Coach Wade and was pushed towards his sidelines by what looked to be the Webb Head Coach (not exactly sure who is which). Davidson coaches did stand in front of Coach Wade, but at no time did anything he did look threatening.

Final stats:

Webb 196 Total Yards (with big plays of 66 and 47 yards). They finished the game with 58 yards rushing after a 66 yard TD rush earlier. I believe this is called dominating an offense! Webb finished with 35 Total Plays

Davidson 308 Total Yards (with a big play of 47 yards). Davidson controlled the ball the entire game and that ought to be acknowledged. The Bears finished with 65 Total Plays

I also recall in the Webb FRA game that it wasn't a blow out. FRA held them to 35-14. So I dont know how people from Webb can say that Davidson was a fluke and that it wasnt a good game. FRA was handled by both DA and DCA. I think that Webb is in shocked that they lost, but if you look at it statisically its not a suprise. Webb's coaches saw the region teams from where they were last year. They believed that they were going to run over everyone. Well not this year Webb.. The middle tn teams have improved a lot from last year. The playoffs this year will be very interesting.

I also recall in the Webb FRA game that it wasn't a blow out. FRA held them to 35-14. So I dont know how people from Webb can say that Davidson was a fluke and that it wasnt a good game. FRA was handled by both DA and DCA. I think that Webb is in shocked that they lost, but if you look at it statisically its not a suprise. Webb's coaches saw the region teams from where they were last year. They believed that they were going to run over everyone. Well not this year Webb.. The middle tn teams have improved a lot from last year. The playoffs this year will be very interesting.

dude, what are u talkin about? davidson didn't play fra and dca beat them 27-6. so how is dca beatin fra 27-6 handlin them and webb beatin them 35-14 not? who from webb said the davidson loss was a fluke? i know i said from the start that da manhandled webbs line and controlled the line of scrimmage. da was the better team friday night in those conditions. with a dry field and grass that isnt 4 inches long it coulda been a little different. webb didnt know what to expect this year after graduating their entire o and d lines. as it has turned out they have beatin all region teams except da easily and mercy ruled all but fra in their wins. they also beat 3 5a schools one who was ranked #3 in state at the time. ur right, the playoffs will be interesting...

dude, what are u talkin about? davidson didn't play fra and dca beat them 27-6. so how is dca beatin fra 27-6 handlin them and webb beatin them 35-14 not? who from webb said the davidson loss was a fluke? i know i said from the start that da manhandled webbs line and controlled the line of scrimmage. da was the better team friday night in those conditions. with a dry field and grass that isnt 4 inches long it coulda been a little different. webb didnt know what to expect this year after graduating their entire o and d lines. as it has turned out they have beatin all region teams except da easily and mercy ruled all but fra in their wins. they also beat 3 5a schools one who was ranked #3 in state at the time. ur right, the playoffs will be interesting...

Honey, I was referring to the scrimmage at the beginning of the year. To look at the caliber of Webb athletes and to look at the caliber of FRA athletes, the score should have been more than 35-14. And I would like to stop hearing about the conditions during the DA game. So the field was wet, so there was "3 inches of mud on their shoes to weigh them down". SO WHAT THATS FOOTBALL! It has been raining non stop in middle tn and Coach Wade would have never flooded the field just to win a football game. If you would have noticed the hill behind the away stands makes the water run down onto the vistitor side lines. Thats nature. So it was wet, suck it up and play football. To blame a loss on a wet football field is just idiotic. Yes yall did beat good teams and I never said that yall were a bad football team. I just think that it is gonna be closer than everyone had thought at the beginning on the season.

Honey, I was referring to the scrimmage at the beginning of the year. To look at the caliber of Webb athletes and to look at the caliber of FRA athletes, the score should have been more than 35-14. And I would like to stop hearing about the conditions during the DA game. So the field was wet, so there was "3 inches of mud on their shoes to weigh them down". SO WHAT THATS FOOTBALL! It has been raining non stop in middle tn and Coach Wade would have never flooded the field just to win a football game. If you would have noticed the hill behind the away stands makes the water run down onto the vistitor side lines. Thats nature. So it was wet, suck it up and play football. To blame a loss on a wet football field is just idiotic. Yes yall did beat good teams and I never said that yall were a bad football team. I just think that it is gonna be closer than everyone had thought at the beginning on the season.

r u serious? a scrimmage? unless it was played like a game then it doesn't really mean jack. u have no idea what ur talkin about. webb beat fra without their #1 rb who didn't even make the trip. i never blamed the loss on a wet field. i already sed that ur lines handled webbs and that was the game. my point is the wet and muddy field however it got that way hurt webbs offense

r u serious? a scrimmage? unless it was played like a game then it doesn't really mean jack. u have no idea what ur talkin about. webb beat fra without their #1 rb who didn't even make the trip. i never blamed the loss on a wet field. i already sed that ur lines handled webbs and that was the game. my point is the wet and muddy field however it got that way hurt webbs offense

and how many of your 58 rushing yards in the DA game were by your #1 rb?

ok im a senior at davidson academy and i have known coach wade off the field for over 5 years. he is one of the most respectful, most disciplined, and classiest guys that i have ever met. so for anyone to say that he cheated by watering the field, or to say that he was classless is probably one of the stupidest things ive ever heard to be honest. my only take on the subject is that our big guys beat their big guys. and if knox webb was really the better team, they would have won the game, no matter what the weather was like.