6A Champ?

Lost Old Dad

6 A Champ will be from Rutherford county. East TN teams never play up to the competition. the Williamson county teams are not quite as strong as usual.

I agree in general, but I won't count out Maryville until they are put out by an opponent. The 6A state championship should be much more open outside of Williamson and Rutherford counties than the old 5A was.

Winner of Quad 2

Agreed. I say just like the past couple years; Rutherford county vs. Williamson County. The three teams from each county who will probably get in (order of which teams i think are the best); Blackman, Oakland, Brentwood, Riverdale, Franklin, and Indy. In the playoffs throw out all the regular season stats and records. Youve seen and played against eachother in the regular season and its a much closer game in the playoffs.

Other than the two counties, Ooltewah looks to be a favorite, and Maryville as a sleeper.

Winner of Quad 2

Agreed. I say just like the past couple years; Rutherford county vs. Williamson County. The three teams from each county who will probably get in (order of which teams i think are the best); Blackman, Oakland, Brentwood, Riverdale, Franklin, and Indy. In the playoffs throw out all the regular season stats and records. Youve seen and played against eachother in the regular season and its a much closer game in the playoffs.

Other than the two counties, Ooltewah looks to be a favorite, and Maryville as a sleeper.

But Oakland Beat Blackman and Brentwood and Indy, and Riverdale beat Oakland, Blackman beat Brentwood.

More like:

Riverdale, Oakland, Franklin/Blackman, Brentwood, Indy (of course Brentwood and Franklin play next week).

I wish they would put one team from each county in each quad :thumb:

Ooltewah looks really good again, but last year the OHS/OHS matchup wasn't even close.

6 A Champ will be from Rutherford county. East TN teams never play up to the competition. the Williamson county teams are not quite as strong as usual.

I agree in general, but I won't count out Maryville until they are put out by an opponent. The 6A state championship should be much more open outside of Williamson and Rutherford counties than the old 5A was.

Thanks for the confidence Burroball. I am definitely going to miss the great games between Maryville and Hillsboro. You guys have a great program...you may be down this year but you will be back. We can't seem to get away from Coach Blade... we will see him every season vs OR and possibly again in the playoffs. He seems to be turning things around at Oak Ridge.

As far as 6A Champs this year....I don't know about that....but I am keeping the 1st weekend in December open on my calendar....you never know.