Oneida vs. Sunbright

kazam37

Not many folks chiming in on this one the day after. Guess the outcome really wasn't that much of a Shocker0 . . . I mean shocker. I will tell you those oletiger . . . I mean them ol' tigers played their hearts out & have a pretty good team with several very athletic kids. Especially that QB, he's a real footballer2008 . . . I mean football player.

All jokes aside Sunbright does have some very talented kids on their team with their QB definitely being the leader of the pack. He is gonna create some problems for some folks the next two years. Overall a very good effort on both sides last night & both teams should be proud of their effort. Oneida just executed better last night. Best of luck to Sunbright next week. Indians Congrats on the district championship but there are bigger fish to fry now. Back to work Monday.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like to most people that a small single A team gave the kitty cat all they wanted, and some the OZ faithful cant handle it. i would be embarassed if my mom called an opposing teams coach, or any parent for that matter. parents need to get a life these days.

Brian, oops I mean goldfinger :thumb: The problem with the article has nothing to do with the outcome or the final score of the game, in fact I'm a big fan of the Sunbright QB, given the conditions, I thought he played a great game. It has to do with two adults acting like kids, and being held responsible for their actions, even the sportswriter made the comment that "the coach has a history of shooting off his mouth" his words, not mine. And no, the comments would not have been published in the Roane County News, and not because of pressure from parents, but because our sportswriter, knows how to protect a coach when something is said in the heat of moment, and how to protect a 17 year old school aged kid! It's called professional journalism!

Sunbright exposed......sorry. You guys have really brought the program up this year, just not as high as your sports fans have said it would be. As a former QB, I'm excited to see your QB making the highlights on the Blitz! He's a good looking kid. Just remember, if you guys make it to the playoffs, which I hope you do, the road to the Finals leads thru Oak Ridge Hwy. I hope we get to play you guys, it will be a great one. Good Luck the rest of the way Tigers.

If i was the roane county sportswriter i woiud wrote about the tigers held the cats at bay on both sides of the line that night. i bet he has to be careful what he writes, since parents are a little touchy with the obvious these days. The truth is hurtful sometimes. :thumb:

Yeah and if I was the Roane Co sportswriter I would write about how Roane Co football is down for the most part this year and Roane Co teams are still 8 and 0 vs Morgan Co teams :thumb: . This post is not aimed Wartburg and Oakdale I like those teams :lol: .

looks like to most people that a small single A team gave the kitty cat all they wanted, and some the OZ faithful cant handle it. i would be embarassed if my mom called an opposing teams coach, or any parent for that matter. parents need to get a life these days.

Brian, oops I mean goldfinger :mellow: The problem with the article has nothing to do with the outcome or the final score of the game, in fact I'm a big fan of the Sunbright QB, given the conditions, I thought he played a great game. It has to do with two adults acting like kids, and being held responsible for their actions, even the sportswriter made the comment that "the coach has a history of shooting off his mouth" his words, not mine. And no, the comments would not have been published in the Roane County News, and not because of pressure from parents, but because our sportswriter, knows how to protect a coach when something is said in the heat of moment, and how to protect a 17 year old school aged kid! It's called professional journalism!

you are meowing up the wrong tree scatback. this is not Bl. im just tired of hearing OZ faithful crying around. they should be a little more humble when a teams plays a good game against them. there schedule is ranked 79 out of 80 right now. it will come to haunt them when the playoffs come around. if sunbright can do what they did, what will another team do with equal or better talent. (oneida)

The reference to Brian was meant as a joke, thus the rolling smiley. Your stuck on the fact that my problem stems with Sunbright and the game, if I could type any slower I would! It has nothing to do with the game. It has everything to do with your your coach and his tendacy to "shoot off his mouth" again not my words, and the sportswriter who chose to print them. I can't state it any clearer. You just have a problem with OZ, which I could really care less about, OZ plays in the district and region the TSSAA placed us in, we can't help it, if the Morgan County teams stink this year. I really can't understand you trashing OZ, when in fact we did WIN the game, if you want fo take some kind of moral victory from that loss, we'll take that as a complement! :mellow:

The reference to Brian was meant as a joke, thus the rolling smiley. Your stuck on the fact that my problem stems with Sunbright and the game, if I could type any slower I would! It has nothing to do with the game. It has everything to do with your your coach and his tendacy to "shoot off his mouth" again not my words, and the sportswriter who chose to print them. I can't state it any clearer. You just have a problem with OZ, which I could really care less about, OZ plays in the district and region the TSSAA placed us in, we can't help it, if the Morgan County teams stink this year. I really can't understand you trashing OZ, when in fact we did WIN the game, if you want fo take some kind of moral victory from that loss, we'll take that as a complement! :mellow:

i am not just a sunbright fan, they are not my team! i am a high school fan, love the small schools and do not like arrogance, which is shown from oz very often. not from all but many. i kinda like the rockwood tigers myself! :?