2.) Harpeth (5-4)

3.) Waverly Central (4-3)

3.) Camden Central (4-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (3-4)

6.) Stewart County (3-5)

7.) Cheatham County (0-9)

Wednesday February 3, 2010: Camden Central @ Waverly Central

Thursday February 4, 2010: Montgomery Central @ Harpeth

Friday February 5, 2010: Stewart County @ Cheatham County; Camden Central @ Creek Wood; Waverly Central @ Montgomery Central

Saturday February 6, 2010: Waverly Central @ Camden Central

Tuesday February 9, 2010: Cheatham County @ Waverly Central; Montgomery Central @ Stewart County; Harpeth @ Camden Central

Friday February 12, 2010: Cheatham County @ Montgomery Central; Harpeth @ Creek Wood; Stewart County @ Camden Central

Other District 11-AA Games: Rescheduled BUT Dates Are Missing

Waverly Central @ Stewart County

Creek Wood @ Montgomery Central

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone the District 11-AA Regular Season Schedule has been completely updated and tonight I know Camden traveled to Waverly for a battle to determine who would be the #2 team in the district as of this moment. I do not know how the game turned out but I do know that on the girls side Waverly won so if anyone gets the boys score and wants to post it then that info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey kobedoinwork for the second time this season Cheatham led Harpeth at halftime and for the second time this season Harpeth forced a bunch of turnovers in the third quarter as they came back and took the lead. Also for the second time this year Drew Smart had a big night against Harpeth (this time he scored 28). Finally for the second time this year Harpeth defeated the Cubs as the final score was 63-62. Harpeth shot 7/9 from the free throw line in the final quarter while Cheatham shot 4/8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. The Cubs shot 17/30 from the free throw line for the game and that just wasn't enough to get it done against a team like Harpeth. I think there is a very high possibility that these 2 county rivals could meet up in the opening round of the district tournament.

If the District 11-AA Tournament starter today these would be the 1st round matchups

1.) Creek Wood (9-0): they would have a bye into the semifinals

4.) Waverly Central (4-4)

5.) Montgomery Central (3-4)

3.) Harpeth (5-4)

6.) Stewart County (3-5)

2.) Camden Central (5-3)

7.) Cheatham County (0-9)

Waverly beat Montgomery Central the first time those teams met but that was a game in which Justin Vogel scored 36 points for the Tigers and the Indians blew a 16 point second half lead. Those teams meet again in two nights and going into the district tourney I would not be suprised if Montgomery Central ended up as the #4 seed and Waverly Central was the #5 seed from looking at both teams remaining schedules.

Harpeth and Stewart County split the season series this year in a pair of very competitive contests. Harpeth is a team that likes to play up-tempo while Stewart wants to be a slow down zone type of team. I believe both teams seedings could improve over the final week but if this were an opening round matchup there is no doubt that it could go either way.

Camden Central swept Cheatham County this season. The first game was a blowout win for the Lions on the road and the second game was a contest which saw the Lions build a huge lead early and then the Cubs came roaring back in the second half and it wound up being a highly competitive game. I am sure this is a game the Lions would much rather have and their home games with Waverly, Harpeth, & Stewart County to end the season will no doubt be huge.

I wouldn't count out the Tigers yet. They clearly weren't playing up to their potential tonight. Lay off seemed to really affect them. Camden was sloppy too but seemed to shake that off in the second half. Waverly only hit two threes all night and anyone who has seen them play know they hit usually 7-8 a night. They had a lot of open looks but couldn't connect. I see Waverly taking Montgomery Central again Friday and Camden Saturday. Could be an interesting District tournament though.

I am not counting them out papatiger but if they don't force turnovers with their guards and knock down outside shots then the Tigers are in trouble against both Montgomery Central & Camden Central at the end of this week. Both teams just have a better combination of size and athleticism than WCHS. I also wouldn't give them an "automatic" win in the game at Stewart County. Camden Central & Harpeth have both seen just how tough going there and picking up a "sure" win can be because the Rebels beat them both in Dover.

The Montgomery Central @ Harpeth game tonight is going to be HUGE!!!

Stewart County travels to Cheatham County. The Cubs are playing better and much more competitive of late but the Rebels still have a real shot of hosting an opening round district tournament game if they can get the win and then get some wins on their homecourt against teams that are very "beatable" (Montgomery Central & Waverly Central).

I am not trying to be rude, but WHEN WILL THE PPL IN THIS DISTRICT UNDERSTAND THAT GAMES ARE ALL ABOUT HOW PLAYERS MATCH UP WITH EACH OTHER. I am not saying that basketball is like football, but here is an example. We the waverly tigers lost to Stewart Co. 43-14. Stewart co. beat cheatham Co. in overtime (in a game that cheatham co. actually won but their was a blown call at the end that took cc touchdown!). We beat cheatham co. 8-0. It is all about the matchup! any team can win any game! Good luck to all teams in district and GOD BLESS