District 11AA

oakwood

papatiger, aka Whiney the poo. what planet are you from. First of all you cannot do simple math CW won 62-44. That is 18 points. That is the 1st of many things that you are incorrect about. They won by 18 and Hyndman scored 18. I have never talked bad about a player and I will not start now, and when you say something about a high school kid you should know what you are talking about. If you think Vogel is the MVP that is your right, I guess you should pursue that avenue since a district Championship is a long shot at best. I know Hyndman very well and he is the heart and soul of the defending district champion Creek Wood Red hawks. A 18 point defeat must be a moral victory for you. Congrats. I thought Vogel played a very good game tonight and only have praise for him. Waverly played an aggressive game and did hang with CW for most of the game. There coach and players did a great job tonight and should be proud of themselves. They also had a great crowd. IMO a MVP should come from a championship team especially when a team dominates the district, but you do not hear alot about individuals from CW. You keep arguing about things that are a matter of oppinion, Creek Wood will keep doing things that are a matter of FACT. 15 wins 2 losses overall, 13 wins in a row, 7 wins 0 losses in district 11 AA.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CW is the best team in the district and did win tonight over Waverly by 14-16 but it was a tight game all the way. In fact Waverly only down by 2 late in the third qtr. Their posts are good but not great. The difference tonight was Coach Taylor having someone following Justin Vogel everywhere he went. His defender never left him but he still managed 16 pts. Vogel hands down is the MVP of the District. If I were Coach Taylor I would do an attitude adjustment on Hyndman. Coach Taylor would give him advice and he would just grin and walk off. Hyndman is good but not great. He shoots well on the inside but has no outside game. A really good post would eat him for lunch. All this talk about him being MVP is exagerated. He is not close to being an MVP other than in his eyes it seems.

papatiger: You did get a few facts right.....CW is the BEST team in the district and did beat Waverly tonight. However, I must inform you of some things, you can do your politicking WITHOUT taking cheap shots at players on other teams. You do have a right to your opinion, as do I, but I would be careful on naming names about things you know nothing about. Just because you do the "Tiger radio show," doesn't make you an expert on KIDS obviously. I don't think that Hyndman gets away with giving Coach Taylor too much attitude with HYndman's Dad sitting right next to him. I know them both personally, and don't think that's the way they run this team. And I did say TEAM, you see that's the biggest

difference in CW and the rest of the teams we've played. This TEAM is full of great kids who come together to play this game called basketball. I'm sure you are not a kid, if you are then I apologize, but I think you need to consider what you say about individuals and give credit where it's due. Hyndman is a very good player who plays on a great team. The BEST in the district hands down and the BEST CWHS has ever had come through that school. Maybe Waverly and some other teams need to be reminded to invest in the team effort, and remember, Jordan never won a championship until he shared the ball with guys like Pippin, Paxson, etc. Keep pushing "your agenda", and we'll stay focused on team ball and moving towards the district championship. That's our goal, not district MVP's, but if we get that title too, thats just bonus. If Vogel wins MVP kudos to him and best wishes.

Well all of you CW supporters need to get a grip. If you read my post I said CW had a very good team and said that Hyndman was a very good player. But I stand by what I say with the attitude. I'm not the only one who feels that way. I heard and talked to a lot of people after the game who said the very same thing. I'm sure he is a very good kid, but on the court he needs to listen to his coach when being talked to and not walk away grinning like he knows everything about basketball. Coach Taylor is a fantastic coach and I think he would benefit greatly when he is trying to teach him things. I could care less who wins MVP but I've seen all the teams in the district and my opinion is that Vogel is by far the best player in the district. He's a very good kid too. And yes he did great at Cheatham but he has done great against most teams we play. Sorry if I ruffled feathers but just making an observation. Congratulations to Creek Wood and good luck to them in the future.

Oh by the way, when Waverly surrounded Hyndman under basket is because Waverly was having to guard him with players 5-6 inches shorter. When Smith was in, he guarded him one on one. Also, Vogel guarded him some one on one and Vogel is at least 4 inches shorter. Arguing won't settle things, I'm sure that Hyndman is a great kid, just wish he would listen to his coach.

Papatiger you need to listen. My problem is you talking where you have NO idea what you are talking about. You talked to a lot of people who said the same thing about Hyndman? Who?Coach Taylor? His teamates? Other people who follow CW basketball? No. You follow your team and say what you want about your team, but you know NOTHING about CW or our team. Vogel is a great player and nothing bad to say, unlike you. No cheapshots by me, but I will not let you sit on here behind some screen name and act like you Know anything about CW basketball. From your talk about MVP before the season was even half over I strongly doubt you know anything about basketball. You did not attack Hyndmans' basketball ability or I would not be so upset, you attacked his character. He listens to his coaches and does what they say. That is FACT. Before you say something bad about a kid know your facts. Obviously you are not only saying things on here if " a lot " of people agree with you. Then you must be talking bad about him to A lot of people. Hyndman is the best player in the district, and Much More important I know for a fact, something you do not deal with much, that he is a great person.

Well all of you CW supporters need to get a grip. If you read my post I said CW had a very good team and said that Hyndman was a very good player. But I stand by what I say with the attitude. I'm not the only one who feels that way. I heard and talked to a lot of people after the game who said the very same thing. I'm sure he is a very good kid, but on the court he needs to listen to his coach when being talked to and not walk away grinning like he knows everything about basketball. Coach Taylor is a fantastic coach and I think he would benefit greatly when he is trying to teach him things. I could care less who wins MVP but I've seen all the teams in the district and my opinion is that Vogel is by far the best player in the district. He's a very good kid too. And yes he did great at Cheatham but he has done great against most teams we play. Sorry if I ruffled feathers but just making an observation. Congratulations to Creek Wood and good luck to them in the future.

Oh by the way, when Waverly surrounded Hyndman under basket is because Waverly was having to guard him with players 5-6 inches shorter. When Smith was in, he guarded him one on one. Also, Vogel guarded him some one on one and Vogel is at least 4 inches shorter. Arguing won't settle things, I'm sure that Hyndman is a great kid, just wish he would listen to his coach.

Im not sure how tall your big man is but I believe he is actually taller than Hyndman.Not 6

inches shorter. Once again facts are wrong.Seeing a trend here.I will say this ,I guarantee you

CW coaches would love for Waverly to play Hyndman man to man all night.It wouldnt be

pretty for Waverly.Why didnt Wav. swap who was guarding Hyndman...He was killing yall all

night.Scoring and rebounding.Put your big guy on him...lets see what happens..You know

so much about Wav. basketball see if you can arrange that with coach Rawlins.Vogel is a

very good player and seems to be a good kid so lets leave the character attacks out

of this.Good luck to Vogel And Wav...They are a well coached team..They play the game

the right way as does CW.If Vogel wins MVP he will be very deserving.If Hyndman does it will be the same. CW has much higher goals than an individual awards. They really mean nothing to

this team.

Papatiger you need to listen. My problem is you talking where you have NO idea what you are talking about. You talked to a lot of people who said the same thing about Hyndman? Who?Coach Taylor? His teamates? Other people who follow CW basketball? No. You follow your team and say what you want about your team, but you know NOTHING about CW or our team. Vogel is a great player and nothing bad to say, unlike you. No cheapshots by me, but I will not let you sit on here behind some screen name and act like you Know anything about CW basketball. From your talk about MVP before the season was even half over I strongly doubt you know anything about basketball. You did not attack Hyndmans' basketball ability or I would not be so upset, you attacked his character. He listens to his coaches and does what they say. That is FACT. Before you say something bad about a kid know your facts. Obviously you are not only saying things on here if " a lot " of people agree with you. Then you must be talking bad about him to A lot of people. Hyndman is the best player in the district, and Much More important I know for a fact, something you do not deal with much, that he is a great person.

No one said anything about character. As far as who else said anything, it was fans in general.

I'm sure he is a very good kid. But I did say his attitude on the court needed some adjustment. I'm not making this assumption on one game. He displayed the same attitude in the previous game with Waverly this year.

All I was trying to say was that when Coach Taylor talks, he along with all the kids should listen for he is an excellent coach. Not walk off and act like what he's saying has no relevance.

Maybe I am assuming wrong about the kid, but it really looks that way from what I have observed. If I am wrong, I apologize but it really looks that way.

Im not sure how tall your big man is but I believe he is actually taller than Hyndman.Not 6

inches shorter. Once again facts are wrong.Seeing a trend here.I will say this ,I guarantee you

CW coaches would love for Waverly to play Hyndman man to man all night.It wouldnt be

pretty for Waverly.Why didnt Wav. swap who was guarding Hyndman...He was killing yall all

night.Scoring and rebounding.Put your big guy on him...lets see what happens..You know

so much about Wav. basketball see if you can arrange that with coach Rawlins.Vogel is a

very good player and seems to be a good kid so lets leave the character attacks out

of this.Good luck to Vogel And Wav...They are a well coached team..They play the game

the right way as does CW.If Vogel wins MVP he will be very deserving.If Hyndman does it will be the same. CW has much higher goals than an individual awards. They really mean nothing to

this team.

18 pts. is really good, but not killing anyone. Our post is about same height but he wasn't in all night. When he was, he guarded him one on one. The other times they doubled him with kids 5-6 inches shorter. Where you at the game?

ok i read like four of papatiger's post and quit bc i felt like i was getting dumber by the min...since we're gonna call people out and all lets start with you papatiger...your a freakin idiot and know absoultely nothing about basketball...next lets call out Justin Vogel.. an average point guard at best with the ablility to shoot when left wide open and the ability to go in the paint do 50 ballfakes and fall on the floor and cry for a foul and after him and his team take an 18 point beat down from a cw team who played terrible last nite decides to walk thru the line and not shake a souls hand..a real class act justin kudos to you man your cool......there is no "hype" about cw..its all real..hype is something that isn't real and if you ask the waverly tigers they'll tell you firsthand that cw is for real...papatiger one more thing: take up ping pong or chess or something bc you know absolutely nothing about basketball...CW smashed wavo last nite in their worst play of the seaon and extended their winning streak to 13, 7-0 in the district, and two lossess to magnet schools...whats up wavo?? you got beat by dickson county who is garbage!!!!!! get on our level then your papa can talk trash til then shut it man your just making yourself look like a fool

ok i read like four of papatiger's post and quit bc i felt like i was getting dumber by the min...since we're gonna call people out and all lets start with you papatiger...your a freakin idiot and know absoultely nothing about basketball...next lets call out Justin Vogel.. an average point guard at best with the ablility to shoot when left wide open and the ability to go in the paint do 50 ballfakes and fall on the floor and cry for a foul and after him and his team take an 18 point beat down from a cw team who played terrible last nite decides to walk thru the line and not shake a souls hand..a real class act justin kudos to you man your cool......there is no "hype" about cw..its all real..hype is something that isn't real and if you ask the waverly tigers they'll tell you firsthand that cw is for real...papatiger one more thing: take up ping pong or chess or something bc you know absolutely nothing about basketball...CW smashed wavo last nite in their worst play of the seaon and extended their winning streak to 13, 7-0 in the district, and two lossess to magnet schools...whats up wavo?? you got beat by dickson county who is garbage!!!!!! get on our level then your papa can talk trash til then shut it man your just making yourself look like a fool

First of all, no where in my posts do you see that I have dissed CW. I said they were a very good team. The only thing I said that has got under you guys skin is the fact that I said there needed to be an attiutde adjustment on the way one of your players acted toward his own coach. If that is ok with you guys, then go for it. If I were the coach he would sit until he showed me respect regardless how good he was. Like I said, if I am wrong (and I stated that in previous posts), then I apologize, but it sure looks that way from the stands. CW is the best team in the district, I've said that all along. But I stand by my opinion, Vogel is the best player in the district.

Subject is closed. Good luck to CW the rest of the year.

this team.

18 pts. is really good, but not killing anyone. Our post is about same height but he wasn't in all night. When he was, he guarded him one on one. The other times they doubled him with kids 5-6 inches shorter. Where you at the game?

Yea I was at the game,I obviously had a better seat than you because all of your little

assumptions are way wrong.The Wav.big man never guarded Hyndman all night. The only

time Vogel guarded Him was in a transition situation.We are not a one man team so 18 points is a really good night for a CW player.Also Hyndman probably had 15 rebounds.There are other ways to dominate a game other than scoring.Its not CW fault your big man wasnt in the game. He wasnt in foul trouble so where was he.As I said in my previous post,see if you can get coach Rawlins to guard Hyndman or Dotson one on one all night.If you can arrange that Im sure CW coaches would appreciate it tremendously.So in closing, I was at the game and if CW And wav.are fortunate enough to meet

again this year i will be there.Cant wait.Hyndman plays with emotion and fire.Thats the way hes been

coached,thats not going to change.Basketball is an emotional sport,the players are not robots.Hyndman

does not disrespect his coaches and never has.Im not a Wav hater,actually like there kids.So good luck

to yall.

I believe a neutral observer should speak up in this debate............... :|

Aaron Hyndman will be named the Most Valuable Player in District 11-AA. He is the best player on the best team in the district. He is a terrific all around player and his team is a Top 10 caliber squad in Class AA.

Justin Vogel is a great player. He may be that "one player" that teams around the district gameplan the hardest for because of his ability to score points in bunches. Look at what he did against Montgomery Central & Cheatham County last week if you need proof. He will not be named the overall MVP of the district because he does not play for the district champions. Unfortunately that is a criteria (whether people want to admit it or not) that helps in deciding the award.

2009-2010 All-District 11-AA Team

Creek Wood: Aaron Hyndman, Vincent Dotson, Coty Crow

Waverly Central: Justin Vogel & Tyler Fuller

Montgomery Central: Trevor Miller & Ravon Hardy

Harpeth: Zach Crowe & Dantario Dansby

Stewart County: Taylor Craig

Cheatham County: Drew Smart

I have not seen or heard from Camden enough to say who their all-district player should be but from their game against Cheatham way back at the start of the season (early December) I would say that #11 for them is a potential possibility.

Papatiger I do not know your definition of character, but if you say a kid disrespects his coach that is a character issue IMO. When I watch a High school game, I watch for things to say good about kids playing the game or I say nothing. I know students get on here and go back and forth, but as a parent I don't think I should post negative about a kid. I guess that is a character issue for me. If Hyndman was laughing at Coach, how do you know he did not say something funny. I am over this. I thought both teams were improved from there first matchup. I thought Vogel did a good job getting his teamates involved and not trying to do too much. The big Smith kid was the most improved player I have seen this year. Good luck the rest of the season.