District 11AA

oakwood

Yes, from what I heard Horkins did quit, and yes Harpeth still hasn't won a game yet. They had 2 really good chances last week holding leads late into the 4th quarter and couldn't get it done. They, like Cheatham, are relying heavily on Freshman and Sophomores to win games. Look for both of those teams to get better in the next few years.

Looking forward to the next coming weeks, since the District schedule in now in full gear. It's gonna be interesting to see how the district stacks up. Creekwood is the overall favorite to win, but don't sleep on Camden, Waverly, or Montgomery Central, who in my opinion have one of their better teams they've had in the last few years. Good luck to all!

We need not give CW the championship so soon...they are not all that.Wavo played them really

good game earlier.Lets just see how it goes for awhile before we annoint them.Look at CW schedule,

they havent beaten anybody thats very good. Caught Wavo on a bad night.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need not give CW the championship so soon...they are not all that.Wavo played them really

good game earlier.Lets just see how it goes for awhile before we annoint them.Look at CW schedule,

they havent beaten anybody thats very good. Caught Wavo on a bad night.

well first of all the reason CW has a weaker schedule is bc teams dropped them bc they didn't want to play a "power house" team...and second of all nobody is giving CW the championship...they're earning is and the game at wavo against CW was prob the worst game CW has played this season..CW is HANDS DOWN the best team in the district and they are playing like it.....pre season predictions were guardplay would determine how good they are and from the looks of things they'll make a deep run into the post season....Not real surpised about MC beating Harpeth..HH has a lot going on internally and that can tear a team apart..CW handles Cheatham as expected....anymore scores or info in the district??

2009-2010 District 11-AA Standings (as of January 5th)

1.) Creek Wood (3-0): beat Waverly Central; Stewart County; Cheatham County

2.) Camden Central (2-0): beat Montgomery Central & Cheatham County

3.) Waverly Central (2-1): beat Harpeth & Stewart County; lost to Creek Wood

4.) Montgomery Central (1-1): beat Harpeth; lost to Camden Central

5.) Stewart County (1-2): beat Harpeth; lost to Creek Wood & Waverly Central

6.) Cheatham County (0-2): lost to Camden Central & Creek Wood

7.) Harpeth (0-3): lost to Stewart County; Waverly Central; Montgomery Central

Friday's Schedule (unless games should be re-scheduled due to snow)

Waverly Central plays Camden Central

Montgomery Central plays Creek Wood

Cheatham County plays Harpeth

Stewart County does not play a district game on ths date

Yes, from what I heard Horkins did quit, and yes Harpeth still hasn't won a game yet. They had 2 really good chances last week holding leads late into the 4th quarter and couldn't get it done. They, like Cheatham, are relying heavily on Freshman and Sophomores to win games. Look for both of those teams to get better in the next few years.

Looking forward to the next coming weeks, since the District schedule in now in full gear. It's gonna be interesting to see how the district stacks up. Creekwood is the overall favorite to win, but don't sleep on Camden, Waverly, or Montgomery Central, who in my opinion have one of their better teams they've had in the last few years. Good luck to all!

Welcome yenom, Cheatham played creekwood well in the first quarter, about a 4 point difference. I think cw underestimated cheatham a little at the start. Cheatham looked really good untill cw coaches adjusted after the first and made things a little harder. The big difference came after halftime. CW Coaches adjusted even more and Cheatham Coaches DID NOT. CW cameout and dominated cheatham for the entire half. Cheatham has some young talent that just needs some time to get better and the coaches need some time to figure out how to compete with some really good teams. It seems that we are being out coached as much or more than we are being out played. After all the coaches are a pretty young group also. Cheatham will be a team to fear in the near future.

Last night went pretty much as expected..Big win for MC against Harpeth. The big

shocker to me was the beat down Waverly gave Stewart. Thought Stewart was

much better than that..CW was a little out of sync early because of not playing

for 2 weeks. Got going a little after first qtr.

Welcome yenom, Cheatham played creekwood well in the first quarter, about a 4 point difference. I think cw underestimated cheatham a little at the start. Cheatham looked really good untill cw coaches adjusted after the first and made things a little harder. The big difference came after halftime. CW Coaches adjusted even more and Cheatham Coaches DID NOT. CW cameout and dominated cheatham for the entire half. Cheatham has some young talent that just needs some time to get better and the coaches need some time to figure out how to compete with some really good teams. It seems that we are being out coached as much or more than we are being out played. After all the coaches are a pretty young group also. Cheatham will be a team to fear in the near future.

I was actually at this game, and from I saw, the Creekwood coaches did change it up and go to a full court press and a zone press at some times. It looked like the Cheatham kids couldn't handle the pressure very well against Creedwood's better athletes and size. They started turning the ball over a lot and couldn't hit their shots when they actually got them. It seems like Cheatham's whole team is young kids though. They look tiny. But a couple of them can play.

I know the Cheatham coaches somewhat and they seem pretty basketball savvy. I'm sure they had something in place to beat the press, but against a man press the player's have to handle the pressure and get the ball up the floor themselves. Whether that's to do with not being coached in practice how to combat the pressure or not, I don't know. And that is the coaches job to have them ready for that possibility. But I'm not so sure they can simulate the length and size of Creekwood in practice, ha ha, as would any team have a problem doing. And the Cheatham coaches didn't go out there and dribble and pass the ball, the players did. And the Cheatham players seemed smaller and less athletic, so they made more mistakes. I'll never put the blame on the players for a loss, because I've always believed and heard that it's always on the coach. But there's something to be said for a player's talent level and what grade they're in. But it is the coach's responsibility to have them ready to play, and I'll never change that stance.

The Cheatham players did come out with a lot of intensity and hustle to start the game, and played hard throughout. But Creekwood's size and ability eventually overtook the Cubs. The big kid Cheatham just got back looked pretty good early on. He seemed to get tired quickly though and missed some lay ups he should have made later in the game. I assume he's back off injury and just out of shape. Look's like a definite football player though, ha ha, he can surely take up some space.

Creekwood will win this district hands down. I'll go ahead and anoint them myself if needs be. I've seen every team play except for Stewart, Camden, and Harpeth, and they are definitely the best team. Of course someone could always play an inspired game and beat them, but that seems unlikely. I hear Camden is pretty good, I'd like to see them soon.

Good luck to everyone playing Friday.

I was actually at this game, and from I saw, the Creekwood coaches did change it up and go to a full court press and a zone press at some times. It looked like the Cheatham kids couldn't handle the pressure very well against Creedwood's better athletes and size. They started turning the ball over a lot and couldn't hit their shots when they actually got them. It seems like Cheatham's whole team is young kids though. They look tiny. But a couple of them can play.

I know the Cheatham coaches somewhat and they seem pretty basketball savvy. I'm sure they had something in place to beat the press, but against a man press the player's have to handle the pressure and get the ball up the floor themselves. Whether that's to do with not being coached in practice how to combat the pressure or not, I don't know. And that is the coaches job to have them ready for that possibility. But I'm not so sure they can simulate the length and size of Creekwood in practice, ha ha, as would any team have a problem doing. And the Cheatham coaches didn't go out there and dribble and pass the ball, the players did. And the Cheatham players seemed smaller and less athletic, so they made more mistakes. I'll never put the blame on the players for a loss, because I've always believed and heard that it's always on the coach. But there's something to be said for a player's talent level and what grade they're in. But it is the coach's responsibility to have them ready to play, and I'll never change that stance.

The Cheatham players did come out with a lot of intensity and hustle to start the game, and played hard throughout. But Creekwood's size and ability eventually overtook the Cubs. The big kid Cheatham just got back looked pretty good early on. He seemed to get tired quickly though and missed some lay ups he should have made later in the game. I assume he's back off injury and just out of shape. Look's like a definite football player though, ha ha, he can surely take up some space.

Creekwood will win this district hands down. I'll go ahead and anoint them myself if needs be. I've seen every team play except for Stewart, Camden, and Harpeth, and they are definitely the best team. Of course someone could always play an inspired game and beat them, but that seems unlikely. I hear Camden is pretty good, I'd like to see them soon.

Yeah your right, I was just a little p,ed after the game. I heard from a parent that the coaches blamed the kids after the game was over for the loss. Told them they played with them for one quarter then let CW run away with it. Cheatham is inexperienced for the most part.The only senior #34 has about 2 years of varsity play, hes a good 3 point shooter but they shut him down. Next would be the only sophomore #32, he got a lot of playing time last year as freshman but still has some growing to do. The big kid #44 was playing is third varsity game, #20 a junior came on board in the middle of last year, #10 is a freshman. I hope they will be able to compete with Harpeth, Waverly and Stewart Co. but not betting on it.

You are right conman.. Cheatham is very young and inexperienced,there is no way

that they can beat a very experienced CW team. Cheatham is definately getting better

and should be competitive in the near future. But as of now they could play CW 100 times

and probably lose 100 times. CW is that much better. It wouldnt have mattered what the

coaches might have done, they would have still lost.CW is better at every position.

Yeah your right, I was just a little p,ed after the game. I heard from a parent that the coaches blamed the kids after the game was over for the loss. Told them they played with them for one quarter then let CW run away with it. Cheatham is inexperienced for the most part.The only senior #34 has about 2 years of varsity play, hes a good 3 point shooter but they shut him down. Next would be the only sophomore #32, he got a lot of playing time last year as freshman but still has some growing to do. The big kid #44 was playing is third varsity game, #20 a junior came on board in the middle of last year, #10 is a freshman. I hope they will be able to compete with Harpeth, Waverly and Stewart Co. but not betting on it.

I assure you that none of the kids were blamed for the game. Actually they were praised for how well they played the first half. And several of the kids were praised for how well they played and all were given praise for how they're getting better. Several players were challenged to play better...a common theme when you play on any team, anywhere. But none were blamed for the loss. Actually they were asked to forget all about the game and get ready for their next 4 game stretch, in which they have good chances to win some games. If they can win 3 out of the next 4 then they can be at 3-3 in the district and sitting in good shape. I just wanted to clear the air about that.

I assure you that none of the kids were blamed for the game. Actually they were praised for how well they played the first half. And several of the kids were praised for how well they played and all were given praise for how they're getting better. Several players were challenged to play better...a common theme when you play on any team, anywhere. But none were blamed for the loss. Actually they were asked to forget all about the game and get ready for their next 4 game stretch, in which they have good chances to win some games. If they can win 3 out of the next 4 then they can be at 3-3 in the district and sitting in good shape. I just wanted to clear the air about that.

Thanks for clearing that up, that probably came from the parent of a kid that didnt get to play as much as daddy thought he should have.

I am a little "p'ed" at you right now also conman.

Your earlier post said that the Creek Wood coaches made adjustments and that the Cheatham coaches did not. What leads you to believe this????? Did both coaching staffs share their respective gameplans with you once the game had gone final????? I am just curious as to how you could make such accusations as to the adjustments made by one coaching staff and not the other when the fact of the matter is that you don't have the slightest clue as to how both coaching staffs approached the game one way or the other.

You also said that you heard from a source that the coaches completely blamed the kids effort in the loss to Creek Wood. Who told you that????? I can personally tell you right now that whoever did tell you that is a liar and furthermore needs to grow up and stop being gutless by running his/her mouth behind the scenes. If that person, or you for that matter, has anything to say to the coaching staff then the door to the office is always open to suggestions. Anything said in the context in which you just used it is simply gutless.

The coaching staff was in fact very complimentary to the young men for the effort in which they played with against Creek Wood. In fact the staff was very complimentary of the effort that the guys played with in the games against both Goodpasture & Creek Wood (both 25-point losses). I can assure you and anyone else that from speaking to coach Dawson and coach Stuart on numerous occasions that they are both very proud of the progress that the team is making this season. They both know that building a basketball program takes time and that it's especially the case when you are playing with freshmen, a sophomore, and a number of what is essentially first time basketball players.

In closing conman let me tell you that the parent that you talked to is an idiot :flower: