District 11AA

oakwood

i agree dr.z just who do you think is good,and who do you like ?,all you do eaglepride is talk about how bad everyone is,is any high school team worth going to see in your eyes.

I apologize if I come off negative. I just think this district is down this year, that's all.

In this area, I think Northeast, Beech and Hunter's Lane are solid. AA- CPA, Sycamore, and East Lit are pretty good. A- Clarksville Academy, and thats about it.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious with that argument? What is your definition of a bad team? To me, a team that doesn't execute on offense, talk on defense, take care of the ball and take good shots, while giving up layups and uncontested 3's is a bad team. Am I missing something? Good teams shoot a high percentage, force teams into bad shots and turnovers on defense. I am pretty sure niether team has a D1 prospect on their roster as they have in the past but that doesn't mean they can't be a quality team. :thumb:[/quote

Reading most of posts on coacht; it’s apparent you are a little arrogant and probably young. Or you just like to put down high school players and their respective teams.

According to a post on another thread you said you were a teacher and coach. May I ask what team you coach? Maybe we can all take some jabs at your team.

Harpeth will get a “W” tonight. Look for them to be in the thick of things by the end of the year.

Thanks for the personal attack because I try to give an unbiased opinion. You can disagree with me but there is no need for name calling. ( and you are saying I am young) Look, Jamie does a great job and is a heckuva guy. Harpeth's kids play hard. They are just young and not there yet. That's all I am saying. You are probably right that they will be in the mix at the end of the year but you are blind if you don't think this is a weak district this year. Creekwood is probably the favorite and they are mediocre at best.

The final score to the Waverly Central - Creek Wood game was 51-39, The game was a double digit lead for the Red Hawks going into the fourth quarter, i believe it was 19, but the game was only a 6 point game with 3 minutes or less to go... It wasn't a 6 point game cuz CW called off the dogs because they did not ever yank their starters... They had triple towers and their was at least two of them the entire time.... wavo went on like a quick 10- 2 or 4 run to start the fourth... Coach (which is a fine and smart coach) called a full timeout after a creek wood 30 second timeout..... Creek Wood pulled out of it and a little bit of bad officiating, (which was good, but questionable the entire game) the red eagles pulled back away...The tigers has the best player in the district in their backcourt in JUSTIN VOGEL, he is averaging 21 points a game in the first 7 games. DISTRICT MVP

Sounded like a good game!! cant wait for us to play CW but i think its a lil early bud to pullin out the MVp card haha but who know he mite but we'll see. I think all this arguing is stupid lets jus get updates on ur teams and scores or stats! Yes harpeth does not have the team they've had neither does sycamore,or stewart county but it always changes but lets see how this plays out and hopefully some heads will be turned!

The final score to the Waverly Central - Creek Wood game was 51-39, The game was a double digit lead for the Red Hawks going into the fourth quarter, i believe it was 19, but the game was only a 6 point game with 3 minutes or less to go... It wasn't a 6 point game cuz CW called off the dogs because they did not ever yank their starters... They had triple towers and their was at least two of them the entire time.... wavo went on like a quick 10- 2 or 4 run to start the fourth... Coach (which is a fine and smart coach) called a full timeout after a creek wood 30 second timeout..... Creek Wood pulled out of it and a little bit of bad officiating, (which was good, but questionable the entire game) the red eagles pulled back away...The tigers has the best player in the district in their backcourt in JUSTIN VOGEL, he is averaging 21 points a game in the first 7 games. DISTRICT MVP

All you teams that are looking forward to playing CW may want to watch

what you wish for..They are very good,they beat us really with no problem.

They will beat most teams in this district by double digits easily. Im not Cw

fan but they are by far the best team in our district. Nobody can match

there size.Wavo had no chance in the post against CW.Second place will

be a dogfight.CW may be only team in district with any college prospects.

Both of their post can play at next level. Not sure if any other team in

district has any college prospects.Go tigers..

Are you serious with that argument? What is your definition of a bad team? To me, a team that doesn't execute on offense, talk on defense, take care of the ball and take good shots, while giving up layups and uncontested 3's is a bad team. Am I missing something? Good teams shoot a high percentage, force teams into bad shots and turnovers on defense. I am pretty sure niether team has a D1 prospect on their roster as they have in the past but that doesn't mean they can't be a quality team. :wacko:[/quote

Reading most of posts on coacht; it’s apparent you are a little arrogant and probably young. Or you just like to put down high school players and their respective teams.

According to a post on another thread you said you were a teacher and coach. May I ask what team you coach? Maybe we can all take some jabs at your team.

Harpeth will get a “W” tonight. Look for them to be in the thick of things by the end of the year.

Thanks for the personal attack because I try to give an unbiased opinion. You can disagree with me but there is no need for name calling. ( and you are saying I am young) Look, Jamie does a great job and is a heckuva guy. Harpeth's kids play hard. They are just young and not there yet. That's all I am saying. You are probably right that they will be in the mix at the end of the year but you are blind if you don't think this is a weak district this year. Creekwood is probably the favorite and they are mediocre at best.

So Creek Wood is 'mediocre at best' and you're dissing my definition of mediocre? Give me a break. Creek Wood beats Sycamore any day of the week.

Mediocre...........again................is average. Above average are the 16 teams that will be playing in the sectional round.

The district is down from years past because Sycamore is gone and graduated 3 starters and Harpeth is down after Carruthers graduated. Creek Wood is the only team I can think of on an 'up' cycle. Here's something else, CPA ain't all that either after losing Mason, Miller and Anderson. I can't think of a AA team in this area that's above average. Correct me if I'm wrong.

much agreed catfishhunterjr, i hope that the most of us are christians, if not give me a message saying so and we will have a talk..... but anyways left field i have a huge feeling i know who u are! that doesn't matter tho... umm If ur a tiger fan u shud believe vogel could AT LEAST play average D1. But as my new friend from surprisingly stewart co. said its to early to be talking mvp. To follow up on what catfish said about the arguing and stuff umm their is no need for that crap, their is a different in pride and being a bull crap starter. I will not say that during a game i may not get out of control in the bleachers or definitely on the sidelines of my beautiful game of football, but u have to also have a sense of pride of class.... I hope that sounds the way i want it to! I love my school and my tigers but u always have got to have composure! well GOD BLESS ALL OF U AND GOOD NIGHT!!!!! BWTP

So Creek Wood is 'mediocre at best' and you're dissing my definition of mediocre? Give me a break. Creek Wood beats Sycamore any day of the week.

Mediocre...........again................is average. Above average are the 16 teams that will be playing in the sectional round.

The district is down from years past because Sycamore is gone and graduated 3 starters and Harpeth is down after Carruthers graduated. Creek Wood is the only team I can think of on an 'up' cycle. Here's something else, CPA ain't all that either after losing Mason, Miller and Anderson. I can't think of a AA team in this area that's above average. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with you! That is what I have been saying. Basketball in this area is down right now, especially in AA. I was reaching to name the few that I did. But everyone was getting so bent out of shape about me downing their teams, I was trying to be positive. Those were some teams in the area with a few wins under their belts.

Creekwood is "mediocre" because I think their guard play is suspect. Their strength is their inside game. If you let CW walk the ball up the floor and throw it inside, yeah they are pretty good. But a team that presses and gets after those guards will give them problems.

That is a good scouting report on Creek Wood, but I imagine conditioning is something they've worked on over the summer. I haven't seen them play yet, but they're heads and shoulders above everyone else in 11AA based on last year and what's coming back.

I don't see a gold ball coming out of middle Tennessee in AA this year.

Seems like Creekwood is the favored district winner and people think Vogel will have MVP..

Other than that, does anyone have any information on the other teams? I heard Camden Beat Montgomery pretty good. Is that because of Mont. not having much this year or does Camden have a better team than the past?

Any info would be appreciated.

That is a good scouting report on Creek Wood, but I imagine conditioning is something they've worked on over the summer. I haven't seen them play yet, but they're heads and shoulders above everyone else in 11AA based on last year and what's coming back.

I don't see a gold ball coming out of middle Tennessee in AA this year.

Nope. With Liberty Tech coming back down to AA and Steele returning at Fulton, I'd say everyone else is playing for 3rd place. Manassas, Sheffield, and Hillcrest in Memphis will likely be contenders as well.