District 11AA

oakwood

Cheatham lost in their season opener last night at FRA by the score of 64-59. The Cubs were really balanced in scoring as Drew Smart, Reece Hunter, Shaun Montgomery, Thatcher Brinkley, Devin Conner, Chase Hughes, Dominic DeWalt, & McKinnley Swett all scored on the evening. The Cubs will be back in action this upcoming week on Monday & Tuesday night when they play Kenwood & Station Camp prior to the Thanksgiving vacation.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth lost to Clarksville Academy Friday night. It was a close game the first half mostly due to Zach Crowe's hot hand. Crowe was 4 for 4 on 3 pointers in the first half keeping the Indians in the game. In my opinion he should have gotten more looks. The Indians came out flat in the second half and CA lead grew to double digits. Crowe didn't get many looks the second half and dansby as well as horkins did most of the scoring.

Dansby had 16

Crowe had 15

horkins had 14

the rest of the team were in single digits

harpeth needs to step it up

Cheatham plays their first home game of the season tonight against Kenwood, who is coached by former Cubs head coach John Stigall, at 8:15 p.m. following the girls contest. I look for the Cubs to play hard and try to continue to build and get better in this one against a very athletic Knights squad that has already beaten Maplewood this season.

The Cubs were overwhelmed by a very talented Kenwood team last night 63-26. The Knights will go on to have a great year and I am happy that coach Stigall has the opportunity to coach such great talent.

The Cubs go to Gallatin tonight to take on Station Camp. It will be another uphill battle for this young team as they look to improve with each passing game. I don't know much about Station Camp other than they love to shoot the 3-POINTER!!!! They have hit a lot of them thus far in their games this season. Good luck to the Cubs tonight!!!!!

That Harpeth-Columbia game on Friday will be worth checking out :twisted:

Yeah, I'll have to change from my Harpeth blue to Columbia purple in the parking lot between events.

Columbia Central doesn't have as strong a football tradition as they do in basketball. This is as far as they've ever been in the playoffs in recent memory. I think they won state in 1951 or something. Lot's of good SEC caliber football players over the years. Not many successful teams. The basketball gym on the other hand is lined with district and region championship banners and numerous trips to the state tourney. At one point I think they had won the district something like 19 years in a row. Harpeth will have their hands full but a few Lions are football/basketball. That will affect their depth.

Short trip for me! I'll be down in God's country for Thanksgiving and some deer hunting on the farm. Thanks Jamie!

I was not comparing football to basketball in regards to a freshmans ability of playing with the older guys. I was simply referring to cheatham being picked to end up last, and hoping that pick was wrong, as the football pick was. But so far its looking like the pickers know what they're talking about.

I don't think it ever got to 30. I thought it was a game between 2 mediocre AA basketball teams and one of them got drilled by 17 (mercifully). This would have been a good JV game back in the good ole days.

I don't know if it was low expectations or not being district rivals any more, but this was the most lackluster Harpeth/Sycamore game I've ever been to. No build up on coacht, student sections were so-so, fans leaving at halftime of the boys game. This game used to require fire marshal approval for seating capacity.

Sad.

How can both teams be mediocre if one got drilled? Either one team is mediocre and the other team is bad or one team is mediocre and the other is pretty good. One is 0-4 and one is 5-0 (I think). I am not trying to be a jerk. I just don't think that statement was very accurate. I am not sold on Sycamore yet. They appear to be very undersized.

I wonder how much the reclassification had to do with the level of hype for this game. Or is it that people don't get up for hoops til after Christmas? Idk, I wasnt there but if it was as bad as you say, that is disappointing.