District 11AA

oakwood

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey defensewinschampionshps your analogy is very well understood by me and it is a great point however your team is incorrect from football season.

Stewart County beat Cheatham County 41-0

Stewart County beat Waverly Central 43-14

Waverly Central beat Cheatham County 8-0

Now I think the point you were trying to make was this.......... :thumb:

Stewart County beat Montgomery Central 19-13 in overtime

Waverly Central beat Montgomery Central 12-6

Stewart County beat Waverly Central 43-14

The District 11-AA Standings have gotten crazier with tonight's games in the books and with 1 week to go spots 2-6 are simply up for grabs and could change completely within one night.

1.) Creek Wood (9-0)

2.) Camden Central (5-3)

3.) Waverly Central (4-4)

4.) Montgomery Central (4-4)

5.) Harpeth (5-5)

6.) Stewart County (4-5)

7.) Cheatham County (0-10)

Tomorrow night Waverly Central travels to Montgomery Central for a rematch of a game that was very dramatic the first time the teams met. Montgomery Central got a much needed sweep over Harpeth tonight. If they can beat Waverly Central tomorrow night and Stewart County next Tuesday then they will all but assure themselves of hosting a first round district tourney game. Waverly Central has games at Montgomery Central, at Camden Central, & at Stewart County in the next week that will all be critical to their tournament seeding. This one will be well worth watching for sure!!!

Also tomorrow night Camden Central travels to Creek Wood to take on the Red Hawks. The Lions swept Montgomery Central this season and could potentially sweep Waverly Central on Saturday evening when they meet up for the 2nd time in 4 days. They do have the inside track to the #2 seed and home games next week against Harpeth & Stewart County should favor them. This game could be Creek Wood's biggest remaining hurdle (although I think it will be the road game at Montgomery Central) in their quest for a perfect regular season. Camden is the only team that has played the Red Hawks to a single digit game all season long in district play. This one will also be well worth the price of admission.

Well..........I agree with one thing. If you're going to watch good games with teams in this district, you better do it next week. They're not going to be around much longer after the district tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of Harpeth's wins are inside the district. Don't get me wrong, they've played a killer non district schedule, unlike their breathren, but it speaks volumes that they can beat anyone in the district on a given night with the exception of Creekwood.

It's bad. It's really bad. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't see much coming out of this district in the post season. I hate to say it. I miss Sycamore.

District 11-AA Standings & Tie-Breaker Information

1.) Creek Wood (10-0)

2.) Camden Central (5-4)

3.) Montgomery Central (5-4)

4.) Harpeth (5-5)

5.) Waverly Central (4-5)

6.) Stewart County (4-5)

7.) Cheatham County (0-10)

Camden Central swept Montgomery Central

Montgomery Central swept Harpeth

Waverly Central & Montgomery Central split the season series

Waverly Central & Harpeth split the season series

Harpeth & Stewart County split the season series

Harpeth defeated Camden Central in the 1st game

Stewart County defeated Camden Central in the 1st game

Camden Central defeated Waverly Central in the 1st game

Waverly Central defeated Stewart County in the 1st game

Montgomery Central defeated Stewart County in the 1st game

Creekwood wins tonight over Camden. This was a hard fought game and a good one to watch. Creekwood proved once again to be the stronger team inside but Camden did get the hot hand and have some good outside shooting. Creekwood had some foul trouble early on with Deason which sent our best outside defender to the bench early. Creekwoods outside shooting was a little slow getting started tonight but Clements finally got his shot to fall and he knocked down some threes late in the game. Crow had a good game and controlled the tempo and ran the offense very well. Dotson for Creekwood also spent some time on the bench with some foul trouble which seemed to slow the pace a bit. With Hyndman and Dotson both in the game the duo is mostly unstopable up to this point because they play really well together inside. Kudos to Camden for hustle and some great outside shooting but in my opinion their inside game needs some work.Creekwood did what they needed to do to win against this team and that was to take the ball inside,crash the boards, and play the game from the inside out. I am looking forward to the games next week and the district tournament coming up.

And just for PAPATIGER.....as always I didn't seem to see the problem with Hyndmans "so called" attitude that I have been hearing about from you. As I said before this is a good group of guys who play the game with a lot of passion!! I hope we meet PAPATIGERS waverly tigers in the district tournament so we can put the hammer down again!!! Go Redhawks!!!

Well..........I agree with one thing. If you're going to watch good games with teams in this district, you better do it next week. They're not going to be around much longer after the district tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of Harpeth's wins are inside the district. Don't get me wrong, they've played a killer non district schedule, unlike their breathren, but it speaks volumes that they can beat anyone in the district on a given night with the exception of Creekwood.

It's bad. It's really bad. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't see much coming out of this district in the post season. I hate to say it. I miss Sycamore.

I agree KS, after the district tournaments all these teams will struggle when they meet stiffer competition. I don't see any of our teams making it to the region finals.

And wbladyvolfan, be careful what you wish for because I think that any team in this district can beat the other with the only exception being Cheatham County. It looks like Creek Wood had their hands full tonight at home against Camden. Camden had their hands full with Waverly the other night too and will on Saturday night. I could see any of the top 5 teams winning the district tournament.

By the way, the attitude thing got dropped several weeks ago. I only said what seemed to me in the two games I saw him, but if you will go back and look at older posts, I said that if I was wrong I apologize. Goodness, do you always try to stir up?????

Hey papatiger will you guys be broadcasting tomorrow night? If so what time does the game start? If not could you text me a score update as soon as both games go final. I wouldn't mind see the Waverly Central Tigers get a win tomorrow night because that would really make spots 2-6 in the district crazy. I think there is a very strong chance that teams 2-6 in the district could all wind up at 6-6 when the regular season comes to a close. If that happens the tiebreakers at the district meeting will be crazy for sure! I could definitely see any team from 2-6 beating the other on a given night. That is a no-brainer. Creek Wood is beatable at a neutral site. Camden, Waverly, & Montgomery Central have all played them in tough battles this season. Finally I wouldn't be so quick to sleep on Cheatham County. They did play Harpeth & Stewart County very tough in both games against each of those teams and they also gave Camden Central all they could handle in their second meeting with them. The Cubs have been getting better and better lately. Creek Wood having a bye in the opening round of the district tournament does not mean that Cheatham will have to open against the district champs.

Papatiger, I don't generally "stir" things up but I guess that since your earlier post struck a nerve on me I once again thought I would reiterate my view on Hyndman. I won't bring his or anyone else attitude up again if you won't. I do think that any team can be beaten on any given night but I feel that CreekWood should have earned some respect from folks up to this point. I am a fan of sport and I call it like I see it and give credit where credit is due. Some folks have a hard time doing this if it means giving compliments to another team rather than their own. CreekWood, in my opinion should worry about beating themselves right now. I think they are by far the best team in the district and their record proves it. However, if they go to play and don't show up and do not play team ball then yes I think they could get beat. Again, I say this is a team that plays really well together and can go as far as the set their minds to.

Howdoitknow,yes we are broadcasting. Game starts at 6. wqmv1060.com if anyone is interested. wbladyvolfan, it had not been brought back up until you did last night. And yes, everyone knows that Creek Wood is the best team in the district, however, they have not dominated the other teams with overwhelming wins as to say they are invincible. When you are dominating, you put games away quickly and with force. When you play evenly with most teams in a subpar district, then you don't look dominating. I know you are going to say, we won by 10-18 pts each time. That in my book is not dominating in a subpar district. And a lot of times those scores were much closer until the other teams were forced to foul or jack up long shots giving Creek Wood the chance to score again quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I think Creek Wood is a well coached team and play well together, they have a good chemistry working together, but I've been going to state tournament games for many years, and I just don't see Creek Wood getting close. I hope for our district's sake, they do make it and win it, but I just don't see it.

Last night before the Creek Wood and Camden game they had an honorary tip off to honor the memory of Chase Duncan on senior night. Chase would have been a senior but he was killed in an accident 3 years ago. CW still has his locker and they put his shoes in a chair at every game and the starters always go to that seat after they are introduced. Last night both teams lined up for the tip off and CW only sent out 4 players and Coach Taylor took Chase shoes and placed them on the court near the circle. The refs took there place and they had a jump ball. No one moved and Coach Taylor went and Got the shoes and put them back in the chair where they have been all year. No one made a sound during all this. After Coach Taylor put the shoes down and turned to go back to his spot everyone gave a standing ovation. After this they played a great High School basketball game. Thanks to Camden for allowing all this to happen. Camden is a good ball club and they are a good addition to our district. I am very proud of Creek Wood for the success they are having this year, I am more proud of the way they are having there success.