District 11AA

oakwood

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a competitive advantage gained by the winning boys team getting an extra

day off between play in game and semi finals.

As for the games I see Camden getting the best of Harpeth in this one. Will be very suprised if

Harpeth can beat Camden again.Waverly will destroy Cheatham for the third time this season.

Cheatham coaches would be well advised to guard Vogel and see if someone else can make

enough shots to beat them.In the MC/Stewart game MC should win this by double digits.MC

plays well at home and Stewart doesnt play well on the road.Bad recipe for Stewart.Semi finals

should have some interesting matchups.Who got all district/mvp.

Hey leftfield if those are the semifinal matchups then I agree that they will make for great games.

Camden Central has played Creek Wood very close both times that they have met this season. On a neutral site they could pull the upset. At the same time however I wonder how they can beat Harpeth. It's all about matchups in this crazy year in the district and Harpeth seems to have the recipe to beat Camden Central it appears.

Montgomery Central matches up really well with Waverly Central. In the 1st matchup they had an 18 point lead in the 2nd half and Justin Vogel had to go on a late tear in the game just for the Tigers to win by 2 points. In the 2nd matchup Montgomery Central won by 14 and it really wasn't much of a game. The Indians just match up well athlete for athlete with the Tigers. I think that in the end when all is said and done that the loss to Cheatham County last week could be just the WAKE UP CALL that the Indians need to make some noise in the postseason because they do have the talent to win some games.

Here we go. As far as travel and competitive advantages and all that, basketball post season takes forever to play. The district and regions are concurrent for boys and girls and then they separate and take 2 weeks to play girls and boys state. Either separate them all together or keep them together and get this thing over with.

I say 2 schools, 2 tournaments. Get em in, get em out, get em done.

Regular season over Feb. 12th.

District tournament starts Feb. 15, ends by Feb. 24. let's say.

Region starts Feb. 26, ends March 3rd.

Substate on March 8th? It takes 5 days to play a sectional game and then 9 more before state starts?

Do it like this:

Boys M, W, F (3 games M, 2 games W, championship and consolaton on Friday) done Feb. 19th

Girls T, R, S (3 games T, 2 games, R, championship and consolation of Saturday) done Feb. 20th

Boys Region M, W, F, S (2 games M and W, winners on F, championship on Saturday) done Feb. 27th

Girls Region T, R, F, S (2 games T and R, winners on F, championship on Saturday) done Feb. 27th

Sectionals on Tuesday Mar. 1, State starts on Thursday Mar. 3. Run state tournaments concurrently like every other male/female sport and be done with it.

Harpeth wins on a buzzer beater trey by Zach Crowe to beat Camden by 2. The Indians were down by 12 with under 3 minutes to go in the game. Camden lit it up in the first half, Harpeth in the 4th quarter as Crowe had 30 tonight.

Good job Indians!

Looks like Harpeth vs Creekwood and Waverly vs Montgomery Central.

Z was en fuego tonight! I didn't see the scoring sheet, but Coach thought 30. Crowe and McMullin hit some big 3's tonight and Dansby played well down low. The defense is what made the difference. Big win. Tough to beat most teams 3 times in a season. Camden played well. It hurt when 11 fouled out in the last couple of minutes.

I witnessed a great ball game tonight at Harpeth. Camden led most of the game and I felt like they were in control and would win by double digits. Harpeth started to make a run and # 11 for Camden fouled out. Camden held on to there lead most of the game. Harpeth did have a 1 point lead when Crowe was called for a block foul that could have been a charge and Herndon hit 2 free throws for Camden to give them a 1 point lead with 6.6 seconds. Dansby takes the ball the length of the court for Harpeth and dished to Crow in the corner Crow nailed a 3 and Harpeth wins by 2. Congrats To Harpeth for never giving up and doing everything they had to do to pull out the victory. Herndon played a great game for Camden and is a class act. Crow could not miss tonight.

haha wow thats alot of 6's..didn't see any of the games tonight just goin on heresay but hats off to camden their a great team and very classy..still haven't forgot what they did for CW and their tribute to their fallen teammate Chase Duncan on CW's senior night...Harpeth has turned it up a notch lately...be there friday for the exciting matchup against CW..good luck to everyone goin into the semis

Waverly Central beat Cheatham County tonight 75-69 in a game that featured a lot of fireworks for sure. The Tigers were led by Justin Vogel's 27 points. Matt Brasfield added 18 points and Tyler Smith chipped in with 10 for the district's #2 seed. The upset minded Cubs were led by Drew Smart who scored a game high 30 points. Reece Hunter had his best game of the year scoring a season high 21 points. Waverly Central advances to Friday's semifinal to play Montgomery Central. The season comes to an end for the Cheatham County Cubs but I must say that this was a team that did improve by leaps and bounds down the stretch this year and Waverly Central definitely knows that they were in a war tonight for sure. Drew Smart is the lone senior on the Cubs team as he closed out a fantastic playing career tonight. Next year I look for Cheatham County to be a force to deal with in the district on the hardwood. Reece Hunter, Chase Hughes, Dominic DeWalt, Devin Conner, Mitchell Potts, & Thatcher Binkley are all guys that have now played a lot of varsity high school basketball and all of them will only get better and better heading into the 2010-2011 season.