District 11AA

oakwood

That doesn't surprise me at all clemlawn. Coach Taylor has always represented Creek Wood with class and the tribute they've given to a fallen teammate the last 3 years has not gone unnoticed. I want to say here too that I've enjoyed Aaron Hyndman's basketball career. He's a classy young man that I've noticed not only at Creek Wood games, but he was there to support Harpeth last year in their sectional game at David Lipscomb and is a great ambassador for our district. Thanks Aaron!

Good luck next week everybody!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't surprise me at all clemlawn. Coach Taylor has always represented Creek Wood with class and the tribute they've given to a fallen teammate the last 3 years has not gone unnoticed. I want to say here too that I've enjoyed Aaron Hyndman's basketball career. He's a classy young man that I've noticed not only at Creek Wood games, but he was there to support Harpeth last year in their sectional game at David Lipscomb and is a great ambassador for our district. Thanks Aaron!

Thanks KS..Things like last night at CW really puts things in

perspective.Chase will always be remembered here at CW.He

was a great kid..Also thanks for the reflection on Hyndman.This

means a lot coming from a True Harpeth supporter..We must

remember these players are just kids, it doesnt matter where they

are from..things written on here can really be hurtful to these

kids..So lets keep our passion for our teams and try not be to

derogatory towards any kid. Thanks

3 more nights and 8 more games to go in the regular season and right now we don't know much at all outside of the fact that Creek Wood is the #1 seed & Cheatham County is the #7 seed

Montgomery Central (5-4)

Camden Central (5-5)

Waverly Central (5-5)

Harpeth (5-5)

Stewart County (4-5)

Tuesday: Cheatham County @ Waverly Central; Montgomery Central @ Stewart County; Harpeth @ Camden Central

Thursday: Waverly Central @ Stewart County; Creek Wood @ Montgomery Central

Friday: Cheatham County @ Montgomery Central; Harpeth @ Creek Wood; Stewart County @ Camden Central

DOES ANYONE WANT TO TAKE A SHOT AT PREDICTING HOW SEEDS 2-6 WILL END UP BEFORE NEXT WEEK'S CRAZY ACTION?????????? GOOD LUCK :thumb:

Congrats to Waverly. Huge win, who will get the 2 seed? I think Camden still has the best chance. Thanks KS, great observation. Coach Taylor is one of the classiest coaches I have been around. I think our district has some great coaches. That is one reason every night is so competitive. The talent comes in waves, but the coaches do a good job of getting the most of what they have. I have been to see some of the teams in district 12 and I think our teams can hold there own in the Region. I know most of the people do not think our district has a chance, but I for one do. There are a lot of similarities between the districts. They have Marshall undefeated and everyone else kind of takes turn beating each other. Sounds familiar. Giles and Spring Hill are very young. Page does not have as many athletes but they are mostly upperclassmen. I think that district will be 1 Marshall 2 Page 3 Spring Hill 4 Giles.

Congrats to Waverly. Huge win, who will get the 2 seed? I think Camden still has the best chance. Thanks KS, great observation. Coach Taylor is one of the classiest coaches I have been around. I think our district has some great coaches. That is one reason every night is so competitive. The talent comes in waves, but the coaches do a good job of getting the most of what they have. I have been to see some of the teams in district 12 and I think our teams can hold there own in the Region. I know most of the people do not think our district has a chance, but I for one do. There are a lot of similarities between the districts. They have Marshall undefeated and everyone else kind of takes turn beating each other. Sounds familiar. Giles and Spring Hill are very young. Page does not have as many athletes but they are mostly upperclassmen. I think that district will be 1 Marshall 2 Page 3 Spring Hill 4 Giles.

Don't be so sure.........Harpeth & Stewart County both won their 1st games against Camden Central earlier this season

Good point. I like Camden because they have the tie breaker over Montgomery Central and The only times I have seen them play is twice against CW and they played pretty good in those 2 games. Camden is really hard to predict. They give CW all they want both times they played and get blown out by Harpeth and lose to Stewart. They win at Waverly but lose to Waverly at home.

Good point. I like Camden because they have the tie breaker over Montgomery Central and The only times I have seen them play is twice against CW and they played pretty good in those 2 games. Camden is really hard to predict. They give CW all they want both times they played and get blown out by Harpeth and lose to Stewart. They win at Waverly but lose to Waverly at home.

I believe Camden played Wednesday through Saturday which may have led to dead legs toward the end of the Waverly game.

I believe Camden played Wednesday through Saturday which may have led to dead legs toward the end of the Waverly game.

Waverly played 3 games in those same 4 days too. So I wouldn't give an advantage to Camden on that one. In fact Camden looked stronger in the second half than the first half. It was a game that Waverly could have easily won by a lot having a 14 pt lead at the half but Camden came out fighting hard and actually took the lead. It's just the way the district has played out. Ought to be a fun district tournament.

Thanks for the remarks you made about Hyndman you are correct in the fact that he is a classy young man and all around good kid. The same thing goes for the rest of his teammates as I am sure it goes for the majority of these kids on all these teams. And, we do need to remember that they are all just kids and we need to be aware of things that are said about those kids on this website.

If I had to pick a favorite for the #2 seed going into the final week I would take Stewart County. They are playing solid basketball lately. The fact that they get both Montgomery Central & Waverly Central at home in the final week is a tremendous plus. The Rebels are a much better team when they play in Dover. Also you have to remember that Montgomery Central is traditionally a weaker road team than they are at home. Teams usually don't go in Stewart's gym and shoot great. It's been that way since it opened. Vogel would get somewhere between 15-20 but I wouldn't bet the farm on him scoring 30-40 in that place. Camden Central is just a team that Stewart County matches up well with because they are not typically an "up & down" style type of team and the way Stewart County plays allows them to always have a chance against a team like that.

Montgomery Central & Harpeth both still have Creek Wood to play in the final week so that kills them.

Camden Central still plays both Harpeth & Stewart County and both teams beat them earlier in the season.

Waverly Central could go 7-5 with a pair of wins this next week or they could go 6-6 or even 5-7 if they stumble.

If Stewart County takes care of business at home on Tuesday & Thursday then on Friday night they could go into Camden Central controlling their own fate as far as finishing #2 is concerned. Even if this scenario plays out and the Rebels lose their finale to Camden Central then they could still wind up as the #2 seed.

In a case where teams go 6-6 remember that the tiebreaker starts in head-to-head competition and then if that evens out then it goes to how the teams fared against other teams from around the district starting with Creek Wood & going all the way until Cheatham County.

If Stewart County beats Montgomery Central & Waverly Central then they are guaranteed to have finished with at least a split against every team in the district outside of Creek Wood.

Montgomery Central got swept by Camden Central

Harpeth got swept by Montgomery Central

Camden Central could very well wind up being swept by Harpeth????????

That puts Stewart County & Waverly Central in a coin-flip type of situation for #2 and that is "if" Waverly Central can finish off the sweep at home against Cheatham County on Tuesday night???????

howdoitknow just want to make one minor correction in your last post..CW plays @ Harpeth not the other way around..that may seem petty but considering CW hasn't won there in 4 or 5 years makes it a completely diff story...thanks to all of the Camden Central basketball program..all the way down to the fans..you guys were very respectful during the honorary tip off in the memory of Chase Duncan..good luck to everyone going into the last week of district play