District 11AA

oakwood

There's a quote from an old 80's movie, Meatballs with Bill Murray.....

"It just doesnt' matter! It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

Woody the Wabbit won't go very far in the post season. I just don't see it.

Well, here's the exact quote and it was 1979 if that matters.....

Tripper: And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Rest of group: IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

:thumb: WHAT THE ???? :thumb:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham gets a big win tonight at mont. cent. They play waverly tomorrow, if they play as well as they have in the past couple of weeks, anything is possible but they have to shut down the kid that scored 40+ points on them last time they met. Coach needs to put someone in his jock strap.

Not that it matters :thumb:

DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS

1.) Creek Wood Red Hawks (12-0)

2.) Waverly Central Tigers (6-5)

3.) Harpeth Indians (6-6)

4.) Camden Central Lions (6-6)

5.) Montgomery Central Indians (5-6)

6.) Stewart County Rebels (4-7)

7.) Cheatham County Cubs (1-10)

if Waverly Central & Montgomery Central win Saturday

1.) Creek Wood

4.) Harpeth

5.) Camden Central

3.) Montgomery Central

6.) Stewart County

2.) Waverly Central

7.) Cheatham County

if Waverly Central & Stewart County win Saturday

1.) Creek Wood

4.) Camden Central

5.) Montgomery Central

3.) Harpeth

6.) Stewart County

2.) Waverly Central

7.) Cheatham County

if Cheatham County & Montgomery Central win Saturday

1.) Creek Wood

4.) Harpeth

5.) Camden Central

3.) Montgomery Central

6.) Stewart County

2.) Waverly Central

7.) Cheatham County

if Cheatham County & Stewart County win Saturday

1.) Creek Wood

4.) Waverly Central

5.) Montgomery Central

3.) Camden Central

6.) Stewart County

2.) Harpeth

7.) Cheatham County

It very well could go the way you are predicting Papatiger. I also predicted Camden to get the 2 seed a while back and they dropped all the way to #5. I think any game with 2-6 seeds are good matchups. I also think Creek Wood had better come ready to play every night because it is hard to beat a team that you are familiar with 3 times in a season. Good luck to all and now the real season begins. Does anyone have times and locations. I believe the region is at East Hickman. Is the first game of Region at the higher seed or is the whole tournament at East Hickman?

It very well could go the way you are predicting Papatiger. I also predicted Camden to get the 2 seed a while back and they dropped all the way to #5. I think any game with 2-6 seeds are good matchups. I also think Creek Wood had better come ready to play every night because it is hard to beat a team that you are familiar with 3 times in a season. Good luck to all and now the real season begins. Does anyone have times and locations. I believe the region is at East Hickman. Is the first game of Region at the higher seed or is the whole tournament at East Hickman?

Very true. It doesn't matter what has happened during the year, things do change when it comes tournament time. The region is at East Hickman and the higher seeds host the play in game for the region also. Good luck to everyone in the tournament. I think the teams are pretty even and could go any way.

1.) Creek Wood (12-0)

4.) Harpeth (6-6)

5.) Camden Central (6-6)

3.) Montgomery Central (6-6)

6.) Stewart County (4-8)

2.) Waverly Central (7-5)

7.) Cheatham County (1-11)

Camden Central @ Harpeth: during the regular season this simply proved to be a "bad matchup" for the Lions. They generally want to play a halfcourt game and allow Herndon & Weed to make plays on the offensive end. They do not rely so much on forcing their opponents to turn the basketball over. Harpeth is a team that wants to get up and go. Now that they have Crowe & Dansby healthy at the same time they are really starting to look like the 2nd best team in the district in my view.

Stewart County @ Montgomery Central: the Indians have to be saying "Thank God we don't open the tournament at Sycamore..........AGAIN". They are the #3 seed because they swept Stewart County this season (while Harpeth & Camden Central split the series against SCHS). I look for the Indians to come out playing hard after their last home performance on Senior Night against Cheatham County. Stewart County is a team that does usually play well on the road because they want to play a slower tempo and really confuse teams with their zone defense. This will may be determined by how the Indians shoot the basketball & how well the Rebels can compete on the glass against the size of the Indians front line players Hardy, Hamilton, & Smith.

Cheatham County @ Waverly Central: this appears to be a game where the Tigers can get another confidence booster heading into the semifinals later in the week. They have beaten the Cubs by 33 & 30 points respectively in their matchup this seasons with Vogel scoring 45 & 29 in those wins. The Cubs will need to take care of the basketball against the Tigers pressing defense much better if they want to repeat that great effort from this past Friday night at Montgomery Central. Drew Smart will have to have a big effort for the Cubs to have any chance of an upset in this one.

Got a question. So if we are trying to save schools money, then why do we make a school travel to the same school twice in two days? Example, Cheatham County has to come to Waverly to play boys game and girls game. Now I've been told that the coaches voted to make it that way. But if the games tomorrow night get snowed out then they will come the same night and play. So if they can come the same night Wednesday, why not let them do it Tuesday????? It's not right to make Cheatham come two nights in a row when they can do it in one night. Could it be the mighty TSSAA wants more gate money? Hmmmmmmm. :roflol: